• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Screenshots

After playing r05 again it's not as bad as i remember... well it sh*ts on RL2 anyway... apart from the obvious annoyances (Ruck control, static receiver etc) its a lot more responsive and easy to control than RL2. The AI sucks though so maybe it might be harder in 06 with offloads to defend.

Originally posted by umosay@Dec 29 2005, 11:22 PM
After playing r05 again it's not as bad as i remember... well it sh*ts on RL2 anyway... apart from the obvious annoyances (Ruck control, static receiver etc) its a lot more responsive and easy to control than RL2. The AI sucks though so maybe it might be harder in 06 with offloads to defend.
I agree, the AI is so predictable on attack that defending is easy on any skill level. Offloads would obiously mean that a rush defence had to be coordinated (hopefully different defence styles can be used rather than just alignments) rather than just charging at the ball carrier. Overall 2005 wasn't a bad game, and if offloads work properly it should be a big improvement. With a few tweaks 06 could be a great game.

One thing they definately, definately need now (after playing Rugby 2005 extensively again) is a button to remain facing the ball carrier when defending.

On Madden I think you hold R2 to do this, so you can move sideways without turning away from the ball carrier.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Dec 30 2005, 01:46 AM
One thing they definately, definately need now (after playing Rugby 2005 extensively again) is a button to remain facing the ball carrier when defending.

On Madden I think you hold R2 to do this, so you can move sideways without turning away from the ball carrier.

What do you guys think?
Not sure what this will bring to the game?? I recon there are more important areas to get right first

Latest posts