• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New to Rugby

ardents

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Heading back to college next year and joining the rugby club. I've been watching the 6 nations and other games over a pint with friends and can't really figure out where I'd fit in. Hoping you guys could give me some input so I can rewatch some games and see which numbers to pay attention to. I'm 5'8" 200lbs, 1 rep max squat 315, deadlift 445, bench 315 and can do "muscle ups". Some guys at my Crossfit gym say I look like a linebacker, and I used to sprint in high school. I have really good balance, green belt in judo but my sensei enters me at the brown/black belt levels at local tournaments.

You didn't mention much about your overall athletic ability or team sport experience so with the limited information(in my opinion) you've provided, I'd have to say that you sound like a club level 7...as long as you're aggressive and are willing to tackle. Any other possibilities will depend on your athleticism and skill set.

Definitely sound like a backrower,
6 or 7, as BH said above - as long as you can tackle well (and with the judo I'm sure you'll go fine :p )

Hi ardents,
You got lethal combination of heavy exercise and judo training. For me its also back rower.
You will be advised better if you will join any local rugby team and consult with the coach.

Yeah try flanker (6 or 7), at this stage it doesn't really matter about the weights and such, its more about your general athleticism, you need to be able to keep up with the game, which if you get back into the running like you were in high school you should have no problem with. But it is early days, who knows you might fit in better as a centre. Just play a bit of everything until you feel comfortable.

Good luck

It's also important to have slammin' hot girlfeind. Someone who looks like this is preferable:

petaembed_380x580_692885a.jpg

This has two benefits on the rugby field:

1. You don't minding doing the rough stuff, because you know your slammin' hot lady will want to fix you up at when you get home.

2. If you lose, you can be a sore loser and tell all the players on the other team that you don't care that you lost because your slammin' hot girlfriend is hotter than their girlfriend.

Note: Wicked Hot Boyfriends are of course allowed for homosexuals. Nothing wrong with that...point 2 may not be applicable though.

It's also important to have slammin' hot girlfeind. Someone who looks like this is preferable:

petaembed_380x580_692885a.jpg

This has two benefits on the rugby field:

1. You don't minding doing the rough stuff, because you know your slammin' hot lady will want to fix you up at when you get home.

2. If you lose, you can be a sore loser and tell all the players on the other team that you don't care that you lost because your slammin' hot girlfriend is hotter than their girlfriend.

Note: Wicked Hot Boyfriends are of course allowed for homosexuals. Nothing wrong with that...point 2 may not be applicable though.
Legend!

Latest posts