• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New to TRF

nztrip2011

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
Club or Nation
Canada
My name is Shane and I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I haven't played rugby in a number of years, now 41, but I will be coaching my 7 year old girl and 5 y.o. boy this summer for their initiation into the fine sport of rugby, mini style.

My daughter and I are making the dream trip to NZ for the RWC with 9 other friends from Canada. It will be amazing and brings me to a question and call for assistance.

I started a blog to document my trip and babble about rugby stuff, I was contacted by NZ rugby clubs looking to host games against us Canadian Rugby Supporters while we are in the hosting cities.

Can I get some help in advertising these games and can I ask those who are interested to introduce themselves at my blog? What are my options... so far I only have 3 Canadian players and 1 of them is me! I bought new cleats last week! I am stoked! :p

Please reply with suggestions. Cheers!

My name is Shane and I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I haven't played rugby in a number of years, now 41, but I will be coaching my 7 year old girl and 5 y.o. boy this summer for their initiation into the fine sport of rugby, mini style.

My daughter and I are making the dream trip to NZ for the RWC with 9 other friends from Canada. It will be amazing and brings me to a question and call for assistance.

I started a blog to document my trip and babble about rugby stuff, I was contacted by NZ rugby clubs looking to host games against us Canadian Rugby Supporters while we are in the hosting cities.

Can I get some help in advertising these games and can I ask those who are interested to introduce themselves at my blog? What are my options... so far I only have 3 Canadian players and 1 of them is me! I bought new cleats last week! I am stoked! :p

Please reply with suggestions. Cheers!

Sounds like an awesome trip!!!I can't make it down to NZ thanks to RWC's being right during one of my busiest times of year, but I'm hoping to go to England for 2015 and maybe stay with relatives to save some coin. nice to see a fellow Canadian here on TRF, I have some posts on what I think the squad for the RWC will be for us in the International Rugby part of the forum and I also have a thread on next years Canadian Rugby Championship in the General Northern Hemisphere, check them out and please add your thoughts.

This is my first RWC and actually my first time out of N.America.

I forgot to mention that I also wrote an article in the last Rugby Day in Canada magazine.

Here is the post from my blog:

Back in December I was approached by José Romelo Lagman creator of the Rugby Day in Canada and Rugby Day in Mexico magazines. I was asked if I would be able to prepare an article on the 2011 Rugby World Cup from a Canadian Rugby supporter's viewpoint. Well, I dove in and got to work making contact with the land down under or at least the one next to the land down under and learned of some interesting events that will take place during the Rugby World Cup.

While doing my research I was then contacted about a rugby game for Canadian Rugby supporters in Whangarei and today I just learned about a 3rd game for us Canadian Rugby supporters! I started a forum to capture game requests and share the information with all of you out there. It was my intention to help organize the games between the Kiwis and us Canucks; a meeting place for us to discuss the events. You can visit the forums by clicking forums in the menu above.

I am happy to see my work in print and I will likely be my worst critic on my efforts to write a decent article. I hope you do find the article factual, informative and enjoyable. Thanks to José for allowing me the opportunity to write the article. Thanks man!

Hi there, and welcome from just up the road :) ... i'm sure you'll have a great time in New Zealand

Thanks, I am there for 39 days and putting 6000k on the campervan! Can't wait, almost 150 days to go!

Is there a spot on this forum where I can put out a call for Canadian Rugby Supporters available for a few games in New Zealand during the Rugby World Cup? Thanks

Is there a spot on this forum where I can put out a call for Canadian Rugby Supporters available for a few games in New Zealand during the Rugby World Cup? Thanks

Shane, maybe creating a new thread under General Rugby, and ask interested members to send you a personal message if they are interested (assuming you have personal messaging enabled) - there are a few Canadians that post on here, but there's probably a lot more that just read the forums, so you might get a few responses ... good luck :)

Thanks, just needed to be directed. I am going to get on fine in NZ being sheepish like this! Cheers!

Thank you.

Lots of rugby knowledge and opinions here.

A little like when I refereed my first old boys game, being my experience was nil against a hoard of cheating blokes with hundreds of years of experience, it didn't go so well... might be the reason I didn't ref after that year!

Cheers!

Latest posts