• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand 2007 Rebel Sport Super 14 Squads announced

lol turned out not too badly for the blues. we might go alright this year without laves in th no 10. bit gutted about david smith and ward being let go though.

Amazed that the Blues lost Ward as thought he was part of the woodwork.
How does the picking of the squads work?

well to my limited understanding, each of the 5 NZ S14 franchises, get first choice of players within their catchment region eg, blues = northland, auckland and north harbour...they select around 32 players (although im aware that number varies for each team this year) in their protected squad, meaning they cant be taken by any other NZ S14 franchise for the season, where as the rest of the players not selected for any protected S14 squad automatically go into the draft pool of which they can be shared amongst all the 5 NZ franchise teams.

come on auckland...COME ON!!!!!!

waqueseduadua > wulf
david smith > atiga

what the hell is a sam biddles???..why did we drop bradley mika again???...

THANK GOODNESS....BLUES IS LAVEA FREE...we shud have a lavea free day as an official holiday where we got rid of the actor we hired to act as the gerl cured version of carlos spencer!!..YESH YESH YESH hes gone!!1...YESH YESH YESH 2 HOLWELL...some one who can kick a fricken ball...im still concerned about that number 7 jersey as braid hasnt been the best at recent..he either needs to step up or tololima-auva’a needs to step up..thats the only spot im really concerned with..the rest of the is quite classy its just up to the coaching staff on how they mold this team for the upcoming tournament...

hmmm...
1.woodcock
2.mealamu
3.afoa
4.a.williams
5.rawlinson
6.flavell
7.braid
8.n.williams
9.devine
10.mccalistair
11.rokocoko
12.tuitopou
13.tuitevake
14.howlett
15.toeava

16.tamoepeau
17.witcombe
18.kaino
19.macdonald
20.gibson
21.holwell
22.necewa

ohhhhhhhhhhhh..i like this team but depending on how much tha all blacks managements influence falls down upon the blues we cud see a mix and match...who knows...all i know is that we ARE LAVEA FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..THATS AN AUTOMATIC 5 VICTORIES!!!..YESH YESH YESH YESH

well to my limited understanding, each of the 5 NZ S14 franchises, get first choice of players within their catchment region eg, blues = northland, auckland and north harbour...they select around 32 players (although im aware that number varies for each team this year) in their protected squad, meaning they cant be taken by any other NZ S14 franchise for the season, where as the rest of the players not selected for any protected S14 squad automatically go into the draft pool of which they can be shared amongst all the 5 NZ franchise teams.
[/b]

almost correct there. it's the top 24 that are protected and another 5 or so are included as wider training squad members. the rest go into the draft and are free to be choosen by any team. obviously becaue each franchise is limited too how many players they can protect they will let guys like mika go who would be sitting on the bench or not even the 22 for the blues. next year the squad sizes differ because of the all blacks being rested and some are effected more than others and therefore have bigger squads to compenstate.

i was f***ED off when hurricanes took David Smith. hed **** on howlett. the blues signed James Summerset who played like one f***n game for auckland. idiots

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

almost correct there. it's the top 24 that are protected and another 5 or so are included as wider training squad members. the rest go into the draft and are free to be choosen by any team. obviously becaue each franchise is limited too how many players they can protect they will let guys like mika go who would be sitting on the bench or not even the 22 for the blues. next year the squad sizes differ because of the all blacks being rested and some are effected more than others and therefore have bigger squads to compenstate.
[/b][/quote]

oh sorry i meant next year...gettin a bit excited :p lol

why the hell did they let ward go??!!?!?!?!??! he was the best [player in the s14 and ANZC this yr!

why the hell did they let ward go??!!?!?!?!??! he was the best [player in the s14 and ANZC this yr!
[/b]

George Pisi has the X factor, Ward doesn't............(and gets turned over far too often in the tackle).

he can kick reasonably well though. although blues should be fine with mcAlister in the team.

where do you guys think mcalister is going to play this season, will he play outside howell or be the playmaker himself at 5/8?

he'll be at 2nd 5, and be used as cover when holwell gets busted and let some other bugger move into 2nd5

Latest posts