• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand one short of record total

W

woosaah

Second highest total in an ODI (397)

Highest total by New Zealand

Highest total against Zimbabwe

Highest individual score for New Zealand (172 L Vincent)

Shared fastest 50 for NZ (21 balls Brendon McCullum)

Third most runs conceded by a bowler (Andy Blignaut, 96)

Highest opening partnership (204) for New Zealand

Highest partnership for any wicket for New Zealand

Highest opening partnership for New Zealand against Zimbabwe

Highest second-wicket partnership New Zealand against Zimbabwe

Highest opening partnership for any side against Zimbabwe

Highest opening partnership for ground

what carnage it was
<
Zimbabwe shouldn't be there but it was good to watch
<

yeah was talking about this with umosay last night. we were hoping vincent would get 200 as that had never been done before in a odi and after he went out we were both hopeful that nz would get 400 which would have been the highest total in an odi. still was good to follow and what carnage it was.

Vincent and the team don't deserve these records and they will feel pretty hollow about them I would say. No way does Zimbabwae still deserve test status. Id say Holland would give them a good hiding.

Why did we only get 44 overs? We wouldve easily cruised past 400... possibly even gotten near 450

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 26 2005, 11:11 AM
Why did we only get 44 overs? We wouldve easily cruised past 400... possibly even gotten near 450
.......damp patches on the pitch delayed play and reduced the number of overs availiable to each team.

yep the ptitch was too damp at the begining of the scheduled start time. I don't think nz team will fell hollow at all about the records. zimbabwe are bad for sure but vincent and the rest of the team still had to earn those runs and records. just because zimbabwe aren't the greatest shouldn't take anything way from the performance of vincent and the rest of the team.

should be a lot closer game tonight against india. I think nz have the edge overall and should win a close game

the funniest part of the game was when the commentators where going on about how they needed to get out the hairdryers on the pitch for the damp spots

that was funny
<
especially when i thought they were lying, when they showed pictures i almost wet myself
<

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 26 2005, 01:07 PM
I don't think nz team will fell hollow at all about the records. zimbabwe are bad for sure but vincent and the rest of the team still had to earn those runs and records. just because zimbabwe aren't the greatest shouldn't take anything way from the performance of vincent and the rest of the team.
Zimbabwae aren't the greatest? The current team is the worst team from any nation to play test cricket. I would hardly call that earning your runs when playing a below average bowling attack and shoddy fielding to back it up.

Latest posts