• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

News and reviews

Go ahead and put it to vote to see if my post are as boring as you say , if I lose I will leave these forums. But realize were I live and were you live before you go around making personal attacks on people characters. Stick to opinions about the game and don't make personal insults , because I have not insulted anyone nor verbally attacked anyone.

Are you even real? Put it to a vote? How extreme and childish is that. What has anything to do with where I and you live got anything to do with it? I haven't personally attacked you either (if saying you repeat things constantly is an attack then sorry then your accusation is well wide of the mark), grow up please!

Speak to me via PM and we can dance there.

Well said. Just ignore him Lionmaull. Given what I have read (over the past 4 years in rugby forums), I would say you have a very good idea how to judge a rugby game. If I were a rugby developer you are one of the people I would take input from. You have always provided detailed analysis of your experience. Thanks mate!

And comments like this don't help the situation either.

Last edited:
Look guys, do we need to do this on threads?

Yes, yes we do. Needs to be gotten to the bottom of what he's accusing too. Can't make accusations and conjure things from up out of nowhere. Entire point of the post is that all he does is post RC2 this and that in a different game thread and rucking 24/7. I and I am sure others who read his post understand what he is saying but to repeat it almost every other post is a bit tiring. We get it, don't disagree with it either, just fed up of seeing the same thing.

He can speak to me via PM if he wants, doubt he will mind.

Last edited:
lol, internet conflict...

Go ahead.
colbert-popcorn.gif

Yes, yes we do. Needs to be gotten to the bottom of what he's accusing too. Can't make accusations and conjure things from up out of nowhere. Entire point of the post is that all he does is post RC2 this and that in a different game thread and rucking 24/7. I and I am sure others who read his post understand what he is saying but to repeat it almost every other post is a bit tiring. We get it, don't disagree with it either, just fed up of seeing the same thing.

He can speak to me via PM if he wants, doubt he will mind.

Well since you called me boring and repetitive. I decided to spice things up:) Its all good though, I talk about RC2 a lot because its the last Rugby game we can compare it to. And I have mentioned I will reserve full opinion of the game, once I have played it, trust me, I will be very quick to point out what I think are the good quality's of the game just as much as the bad,. I have already mentioned I liked the spin move and that RC2 would of been better had they left the spin move from Rc1 in and the fact that it is a manual move was a good addition, so, it has not all been negative. But up until now we can only comment on what we have seen so far, which are videos and other people's play experience. Just want to discuss the game "Brother".

Cheers and Salud

Last edited:
"Playable" is the highest praise I can give it.

Graphics look better in person than in the released images but no where near next gen.
Passing is going to take some getting used to, as is the rucking system. Literally every ruck is like a 50/50 contest, so it makes using the D-Pad to set up for, say, a dropgoal, nigh on impossible.
Some glitches I've noticed: Stamina doesn't go down, any changes made during the match carry over into the next one, so you've got to go back and change your side back.
Also I've noticed the winger literally rubberbands around the pitch on defence at times - like if the opposition passes out wide and you don't have a player there then your winger will zip across (not even animated as running) and make the tackle - presumably because the winger's supposed to be there, but he's been caught elsewhere on the pitch so the engine sh**s itself trying to sort everything out.

Ratings are pretty wacky, at times, too - Two of Sale's highest rated players are academy players Haley and Beaumont, with Cipriani one of the lower rated ones.

Graphics look better in person than in the released images but no where near next gen.
Passing is going to take some getting used to, as is the rucking system. Literally every ruck is like a 50/50 contest, so it makes using the D-Pad to set up for, say, a dropgoal, nigh on impossible.
Some glitches I've noticed: Stamina doesn't go down, any changes made during the match carry over into the next one, so you've got to go back and change your side back.
Also I've noticed the winger literally rubberbands around the pitch on defence at times - like if the opposition passes out wide and you don't have a player there then your winger will zip across (not even animated as running) and make the tackle - presumably because the winger's supposed to be there, but he's been caught elsewhere on the pitch so the engine sh**s itself trying to sort everything out.

Ratings are pretty wacky, at times, too - Two of Sale's highest rated players are academy players Haley and Beaumont, with Cipriani one of the lower rated ones.
It would be kind to call them glitches. I would say that that sounds like it's an unfinished game.

Not going to touch this game.

if your talking about during the game, it does go down

Well since you called me boring and repetitive. I decided to spice things up:) Its all good though, I talk about RC2 a lot because its the last Rugby game we can compare it to. And I have mentioned I will reserve full opinion of the game, once I have played it, trust me, I will be very quick to point out what I think are the good quality's of the game just as much as the bad,. I have already mentioned I liked the spin move and that RC2 would of been better had they left the spin move from Rc1 in and the fact that it is a manual move was a good addition, so, it has not all been negative. But up until now we can only comment on what we have seen so far, which are videos and other people's play experience. Just want to discuss the game "Brother".

Cheers and Salud

Not sure why "Brother" had to be chipped into an obvously semi-serious discussion. Him having The Hulkster as an icon and a name doesn't diminish his posts value or something?

Look, to me this game looks pretty damn poor, but I have to go along with Hulkster on this. You're really quite biased towards RC2 and probably can't see that. RC2 had some brilliant features and ideas that no other rugby game has had and needed only some tweaks to make them even better. It had superior graphics and a far more ambitious approach. No-one could knock Mario and Sidhe for what they were trying to achieve. It is however a deeply, deeply flawed and buggy game. That is the truth.

Rugby World Cup 2011, had some good things going for it and a truckload of bad also. A lot less buggy was one of the few things you could say in it's defence. It played more understandably competitive with it's default settings than RC2. Still it was pretty pathetic. Unaspirational is probably not a real word, but it had low aspirations and met them head on. It had little to offer in terms of competitions and was all about International only. It was a deeply, deeply flawed game also.

They both are rugby games but each do things well and badly that the other doesn't. They both deserve individual perspective.

I haven't played it, but this new game appears to be poor, very poor. Buggy, graphically inferior, lacking gameplay depth, could all be leveled at it from what I'm hearing. It still should not be constantly compared to RC2 in almost every post. Rugby Challenge does many things massively better than this game and I'm sure this game does other aspects well. It doesn't make them equal, but seriously, one is not the yard stick for the other. Rugby is.

Last edited:
Not sure why "Brother" had to be chipped into an obvously semi-serious discussion. Him having The Hulkster as an icon and a name doesn't diminish his posts value or something?

Look, to me this game looks pretty damn poor, but I have to go along with Hulkster on this. You're really quite biased towards RC2 and probably can't see that. RC2 had some brilliant features and ideas that no other rugby game has had and needed only some tweaks to make them even better. It had superior graphics and a far more ambitious approach. No-one could knock Mario and Sidhe for what they were trying to achieve. It is however a deeply, deeply flawed and buggy game. That is the truth.

Rugby World Cup 2011, had some good things going for it and a truckload of bad also. A lot less buggy was one of the few things you could say in it's defence. It played more understandably competitive with it's default settings than RC2. Still it was pretty pathetic. Unaspirational is probably not a real word, but it had low aspirations and met them head on. It had little to offer in terms of competitions and was all about International only. It was a deeply, deeply flawed game also.

They both are rugby games but each do things well and badly that the other doesn't. They both deserve individual perspective.

I haven't played it, but this new game appears to be poor, very poor. Buggy, graphically inferior, lacking gameplay depth, could all be leveled at it from what I'm hearing. It still should not be constantly compared to RC2 in almost every post. Rugby Challenge does many things massively better than this game and I'm sure this game does other aspects well. It doesn't make them equal, but seriously, one is not the yard stick for the other. Rugby is.

Semi-serious conversation? It is a game forum about Rugby? "Brother" is normally said in a positive light. I am a big Hulkster fan. So no disrespect there, I know he has a connection/home/lives in Tampa 2hrs from where I live(Hulkster). As for bias, if liking a game makes you bias, so I am bias. But for the most part I try to back it up (as for why I like it so much). And I think I have given my two cents to help some that didn't like the game initially start to like it after some explanation of how some aspect of the game works. It is not perfect but after playing Rugby 2015, I think it would be very difficult for anyone to make any argument for Rugby 2015 as a better game, and this is were all this stems from, someone asked what are our opinion is on both games so they can decide which one to get, and I gave my opinion. Why does liking a game so much , make you such an antagonist?

Cheers and Salud

Last edited:

Concur with this review.

Having played it, it is playable, but needs fixes. Gethin Jenkins and Gareth Anscombe not in the Blues squad is a little disappointing as is no Cacau with Agen. Sam Burgess has made the Bath squad but as a second row. Hopefully we will see a roster fix.

Well Lionmaul does say a lot so I should answer. Strangely not his views on what I mostly said in my post.

Semi-serious conversation? It is a game forum about Rugby?
And this means you can't have a semi-serious conversation?

"Brother" is normally said in a positive light. I am a big Hulkster fan. So no disrespect there, I know he has a connection/home/lives in Tampa 2hrs from where I live(Hulkster).
"Brother" can be said in a sarcastic tone also. It was oddly out of place for someone keeping to the subject, so I guess I thought it looked that way. Must've been wrong. Judging from the fact he apparently lives 2hrs away from you (not sure why that's relevant), you guys must be "brothers".

As for bias, if liking a game makes you bias, so I am bias. But for the most part I try to back it up (as for why I like it so much). And I think I have given my two cents to help some that didn't like the game initially start to like it after some explanation of how some aspect of the game works. It is not perfect but after playing Rugby 2015, I think it would be very difficult for anyone to make any argument for Rugby 2015 as a better game, and this is were all this stems from, someone asked what are our opinion is on both games so they can decide which one to get, and I gave my opinion.
From what I can see Rugby Challenge 2 (such as it is) is a better game than Rugby 15, probably quite significantly so. Although you don't make your point once though. Everything you have to say about Rugby 15 is within the confines of a comparison to Rugby Challenge. This seems primarily to be The Hulksters point and it's a really good one.

That's where it becomes about heavy bias. It's not merely about liking one game more than the other (which you have a valid point about). Bias tends to be when a person can't focus on the good and the bad achieved between two different elements (Rugby 15 & Rugby Challenge) and instead mostly fixates on the bad of one and the good of the other. You fit that discription of reaction perfectly.

Why does liking a game so much , make you such an antagonist? Cheers and Salud
By the phrasing, I'm not sure who you mean is supposed to be the antagonist in that sentence, you or me?

Chips and Salad.

Last edited:
Well Lionmaul does say a lot so I should answer. Strangely not his views on what I mostly said in my post.

And this means you can't have a semi-serious conversation?

"Brother" can be said in a sarcastic tone also. It was oddly out of place for someone keeping to the subject, so I guess I thought it looked that way. Must've been wrong. Judging from the fact he apparently lives 2hrs away from you (not sure why that's relevant), you guys must be "brothers".

From what I can see Rugby Challenge 2 (such as it is) is a better game than Rugby 15, probably quite significantly so. Although you don't make your point once though. Everything you have to say about Rugby 15 is within the confines of a comparison to Rugby Challenge. This seems primarily to be The Hulksters point and it's a really good one.

That's where it becomes about heavy bias. It's not merely about liking one game more than the other (which you have a valid point about). Bias tends to be when a person can't focus on the good and the bad achieved between two different elements (Rugby 15 & Rugby Challenge) and instead mostly fixates on the bad of one and the good of the other. You fit that discription of reaction perfectly.

By the phrasing, I'm not sure who you mean is supposed to be the antagonist in that sentence, you or me?

Chips and Salad.

Come now Iversen, you know me from these forums and two other major Rugby gaming forums. You know how supportive I have been of all other Rugby/Rugby league games. Even HB's RWC 2011 , getting in to the details about the ruck tactics in RWC 2011 and forward play. The name of this thread is news and reviews of Rugby 2015. Have you played the game yet? I have and seriously, I don't even know were to begin with whats wrong with this game,. God forgive if I start with the rucks:) Just trying to stay to discussion about the game. If RWC 2015 ends on putting there name to this product it will be very disappointing. Will put up a more detailed review, hopefully comparing not only to RC2, but RC and RL RLL2, and RWC 2011 because all of them have features that others don't even RC has positive features that RC2 doesn't.

Cheers and Health (Better?) Surely after all these years you must of translated salud.
Why would you be the antagonist, do you like Rugby 2015?:)

Last edited:
Come now Iversen, you know me from these forums and two other major Rugby gaming forums. You know how supportive I have been of all other Rugby/Rugby league games. Even HB's RWC 2011 , getting in to the details about the ruck tactics in RWC 2011 and forward play.
Sorry to everyone else, but just replying to the various aspects of Lionmauls post. There's not a lot else going on in the thread, so I can't see the harm.

I do know of you from other forums as well as this and I've been in firm agreement with you on other subjects in relation to Rugby video games. I do not remember you ever discussing aspects of RWC 2011 that you liked. Certainly they would pale in comparison to the number of times you compared it to Rugby Challenge though.

The name of this thread is news and reviews of Rugby 2015. Have you played the game yet?
Yes, I'm aware of the name of the thread. No I haven't played it as yet.

I have and seriously, I don't even know were to begin with whats wrong with this game,. God forgive if I start with the rucks:) Just trying to stay to discussion about the game. If RWC 2015 ends on putting there name to this product it will be very disappointing. Will put up a more detailed review, hopefully comparing not only to RC2, but RC and RL RLL2, and RWC 2011 because all of them have features that others don't even RC has positive features that RC2 doesn't.
I have zero problem with someone starting their critique of a game with the rucks. I actually think that the ruck is the heart of Rugby and the hardest thing to get right in a video game version. I don't feel that anyone has got it right yet. I just feel that when a game is being reviewed or critiqued by people it's a lot better when they focus on:

A- The enjoyability of what the developer has achieved.
B- The functionality of what the developer has achieved.
C- How close to the essence of the sport aspects of the game have managed to get.
D- The longevity of enjoyment of the games features.
E - Comparisons to others games implementations of the features. It should definitely be spoken of, I just feel that the game itself primarily needs to be looked at individually and then compared to other games. It seems that rather being compared to all other Rugby games, that only Sidhe's Rugby Challenge have been really spoken about by you. It will be good to finally hear your thoughts on other games as well too.

Cheers and Health (Better?) Surely after all these years you must of translated salud.
Why would you be the antagonist, do you like Rugby 2015?:)

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Much like you used "Brother" as a term of endearment, I was merely stating what my lunch was to be. A little unhealthy of me I must admit.

Last edited:
"
Sorry to everyone else, but just replying to the various aspects of Lionmauls post. There's not a lot else going on in the thread, so I can't see the harm.

I do know of you from other forums as well as this and I've been in firm agreement with you on other subjects in relation to Rugby video games. I do not remember you ever discussing aspects of RWC 2011 that you liked"

Iversen
Take a look at this link(just one example), trust me when I say , I have been very supportive of past games. But this game is on whole different level. Iversen I hope you have the opportunity to play Rugby 2015. I know you from these forums and I can bet you will not be to happy, if we have been disappointed in the past, there are no words for this disappointment, well, no words you could share here:).

http://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/21937-Rugby-World-Cup-2011-Official-Game/page47 (You have to scroll down to find my post)

Chips and Salad

Last edited:
From what I read on this topic, the game appears to be poor. What would peoples opinions be if the game could be regularly improved with updates. Or is it nigh on unpatchable?

From what I read on this topic, the game appears to be poor. What would peoples opinions be if the game could be regularly improved with updates. Or is it nigh on unpatchable?

Good question. Any game can be made better with patches I guess if they address the right issues. It's a matter of how much they can address with this one by the sound of things.

Still we need to remember that 505 Games and HB Studios only released one patch for Rugby World Cup 2011 from memory and then let it go even with fundamental errors still in. Even with the costs for submitting patches being reduced from those days, I still can't see them releasing one for this. Big Ben and HB so far appear to have gone deaf and are waiting to release something else for more money in World Cup year. After that we'll probably all miss out on union ***les for a long while again.

Latest posts