• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Next EA rugby game

I was being hopeful... taking a stab at the fact that EA are usually out of date with things such as rosters - "you never know"

I was being hopeful... taking a stab at the fact that EA are usually out of date with things such as rosters - "you never know"
[/b]

yeh you make a good point, although before the ARC goes in they will put the Currie Cup, NPC and even French Top 14 (all a lot bigger/well known than the ARC)

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

yeh you make a good point, although before the ARC goes in they will put the Currie Cup, NPC and even French Top 14 (all a lot bigger/well known than the ARC) [/b][/quote]
I think he's quite aware of that. He's being hopeful.

The whole game needs an overhaul. It needs a complete new engine, cos at the mo it pretty much sucks. EA doesnt value the rugby community enough to actually front up the cash to do some f***ing research into the game, rules, teams, player likeness etc... Take FIFA08 on the PS3 for instance, a lot of the championship teams have good player likeness and almost every league has a licence, they have very advanced ball physics, even on the PS2 version, Does it really take that much time and effort to take a look at rugby and make a good game rather than just slightly tweak the last version!? If they just combined parts of the FIFA game engine and parts of the Madden game engine it would be a huge advancement. Graphics need a lot of work, licencing needs a lot of work, but most importantly the f***ing game engine needs a shitload of work. Rant over

hi,

Multiplayer online it will be a great modification.

TOP 14 and all more competitions.

A possibility to create its own competition.

I have a few ideas.
Of course like's been said, tidy up the rosters, get magners league/top 14/H Cup contracts and player/strip editting please.

I had a little idea a few days ago, I'll share it in hope of it featuring somewhere.
Be able to have tours, like Lions tours or individual UK nations or French.
Have a few set out in the game to start off with, Lions etc.
But utilise the challenge mode too (that won't last into another game) and have training modes in between matches, to hightlight the tactics you should use against the team you are away to play.

For instance; say I was playing as France and I was playing the South Sea islands. Going against Fiji I would need to work on my running rugby or my lineouts etc. The training exersise would be turning over 3 out of 5 lineouts. If I fail, the form of my team goes down.
Against Tonga, try to make 50 metres whilst suffer as few tackles as possible, depending on how well you do depends on how much your form goes up or down by.

Also, in Tourneys, be able to pick 2 first XV's so you can change easier if your playing against a lesser team that negates using your first choice players (like in the RWC, if you were playing Portugal etc.)

Vice Captains if your Captain goes off for Ref animations.

The Samoan, Fijian and Tongan war dances.

Custom tourneys.

Also, keep the 3 positions thing, but have a special skill 'versitility'. For instance, Frank Hadden is trying Rory Lamont in at inside center, but that's not his position in the game, but then he could be used as such if he had a versitility as a special skill.

Also, Scotland A's, England Saxons, Ireland A's as well as NZ Maori and the other A teams available please.

Proper season mode, like you have to play the Guinness Prem and have H Cup matches, players going away on Barbarian/Sevens/International duty. (You could use my 2 XV's idea for that). Also have players be banned from these things like, 'Richard Haughton was served with a 3 match man for punching during a Sevens match with Figi, he will be unavailable until dd/mm/yy'.
Not that you would need a Sevens mode (although it'd be awesome) but a mention of stuff like that would make the game a lot more interesting, and I guess wouldn't be too hard to do.

Do away with World League, it's a waste of good game space.

Make the difficulty levels harder.
Elite isn't difficult enough... Started my first Guiness Premiership yesterday as Bath and whilst drawing my first game 3 - 3 with Gloucester, I've won my next 7 quite easily.
Winning the opposition lineout is ridiculously easy as well.

The whole game needs an overhaul. It needs a complete new engine, cos at the mo it pretty much sucks. EA doesnt value the rugby community enough to actually front up the cash to do some f***ing research into the game, rules, teams, player likeness etc... Take FIFA08 on the PS3 for instance, a lot of the championship teams have good player likeness and almost every league has a licence, they have very advanced ball physics, even on the PS2 version, Does it really take that much time and effort to take a look at rugby and make a good game rather than just slightly tweak the last version!? If they just combined parts of the FIFA game engine and parts of the Madden game engine it would be a huge advancement. Graphics need a lot of work, licencing needs a lot of work, but most importantly the f***ing game engine needs a shitload of work. Rant over
[/b]

Agree with all of that.

<div class='quotemain'>
I think he's quite aware of that. He's being hopeful.
[/b]

...thanks for that [/b][/quote]
Oh don't mention it mate. You're very welcome.

The world league is in there because of pro-evolution soccer. Pro evo is the best football game out. EA know this, and they know that people love the master league on it. So they've copied it into their rugby game without any real thought as to whether it's neccessary or not.

the thing about wl is that it gives you something to do. something like madden has it easy because theres only one comp. so you just add a team in and your sweet. but with rugby you need to use your brains to get a competition togeather with your own squads. and wl is just the easier option.

and i dont know about you, but theres only so much real squads i can stand. i dont think ive ever done a super12, tri nations, six nations, and only done a wc once.

the biggest issue for me is the difficulty. Particuarly the AI attack. It simply doesn't score often enough.

Tiburon Studios making the game with a slightly slowed down version of the Madden engine - I can't see us ever having a good rugby game using the current game engine, it's bloody awful, like something from a late 1990's game. Madden 08 rocks on the PC, it's awesome, the engine is soooo suited to a rugby games, EA must have been on acid to use HB Studios and their FIFA`esque game engine.

" Wot is the best engine to use for a rugby game - Madden or FIFA - hmmm, let me see .... ???? "

Online play (lag free, not like pes08).

It's as simple as that, for me.

Rugby 08 is clearly the best rugby game out, but the game engine sucks, it spoils the game.

Latest posts