• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Next EA rugby game

For me, the first and most important thing they need to do is get the rights to ALL the players names.

After that they need to get the positions correct. I don't understand why this is so hard?

What idiot at EA thought that Julian Huxley's primary position was no. 8? It really is beyond a joke how bad they are at applying the correct positions to a player.

Then add some realistic stats.

Oh, and get the rules right. Why is it now a penalty if you throw the lineout crooked?

Why does the other team get a scrum when they collapse the maul? Also, why does the opposition team get a scrum when the ball doesn't come out of the ruck? Surely that would should be determined on momentum like in real life.

Lol yeah EA are shockers I remember on Rugby 2004 they had Nathan Grey and Lote Tuqiri in the Nz Maori.

The worse for me is the constant head highs from the computer and if you get a runaway the ref calls it up instead of letting advantage continue.

The rucks are stupid you can tap the heck out of the buttons and your players will just stand there playing with themselves.

Need to speed up the half back hate when he gets there too late and you lose the ball. Make it the same as Rugby 2005 the halfback gets there and passes it as soon as you press the button not 10 years later.

Get rid of the high tackle too because if anyone ever did a hit like that they'll be sent off straight away.

all of the above, and 'crouch, touch, pause, engage' c'mon ea. this was introduced in February!

To be honest I have given up believing EA will ever give us a decent single player game with regards to AI, playability etc - the EA rugby mould has been the same since 2005 and to be honest by 2008 I have got seriously bored of playing single player. They either need to start again from the ground up, or give us online multiplayer. I think the latter is the best solution to giving this game some longevity. I couldn't care less about graphics, roster etc its all about gameplay to me.

that would be stupid.

you would still have the scrimmages and the forward passes.

its a totally different game, you know that right?

The worse for me is the constant head highs from the computer and if you get a runaway the ref calls it up instead of letting advantage continue.
[/b]

Oh yeah and the computer gets the longest advantage too.

Different commentary (See if Grant Nisbett is available). Get players' names right, change stats for alot of them (make Nacewa a better goal kicker etc.), get the rights for Top 14, Air NZ Cup, Currie Cup, Heinken Cup, Magners League and ARC. Make the AI better and more unpredictable. Get all the correct jerseys for each team.

- Fully licensed Italian Super 10, Top 14, Air NZ Cup, Currie Cup, Magners League and ARC.

- Fully licensed Rugby World Cup (with qualifiers for minnow countries, rather like the tour mode), Tri-Nations, Six Nations, Pacific Nations Cup ERC and Heineken Cup.

- Licenced players, like Fifa has, but for EA Rugby including online database of players.

- Online multiplayer
- Decent stats and some depth in competition mode, i.e top competition try scorer etc.
- TV style replay.
- More accurate jerseys.
- Room to edit teams and custom league.
- Sevens mode.

Different commentary (See if Grant Nisbett is available). Get players' names right
[/b]

Well, if correctness of player names is what you want, Grant Nisbett is the last commentator you'd want. That senile old geezer screws almost every players name up and the score line. I'd like to see Hugh Bladen and that English fella who works for super sport commentate. I'm sick of hearing Ian Robertson say "And that was, a really good try!!! ............. To the All Blacks".

With the roster i don't particularly care if they don't have the rights to players names, as long as you can edit them yourself.

But regardless of that, gameplay is the priority.

id love to see it on 360 hahah
and Id love to see a BETTER create a player...the faces are rubbish
Loads of more teams and leagues
Id love the Argentina league but since they arent pro i doubt that will happen
ONLINE would be 10 points

Well,

Richie Mccaw without headgear !!!!!

Real player faces and names, real jerseys (and possibility of several jerseys as in NBA or NHL), possibility of underwear if winter, snow, rain... better gameplay and AI would already be great !

But I am affraid that changes will not come soon on PC, because there was no evolution between nba live 06 and nba live 08... :huh:

I am sometimes dreaming about a good realistic game on next gen, but I think that another competitor would make EA propose better results :)

ANyway, thanks to you all for your work, I like the game with all your improvements :bravo:

Well,

Real player faces and names, real jerseys (and possibility of several jerseys as in NBA or NHL), possibility of underwear if winter, snow, rain... better gameplay and AI would already be great !
[/b]
That would be a step in the opposite direction of realism as teams only have 2 jerseys...a home and an away strip.

Ideas HB need to borrow from Madden

On attack:
- Highlight stick
- better fends and sidesteps
- passing system - tap button for lob pass, press for flat pass (this could also be applied to kicking)
- more variety of set plays
- hot routes - use it to move players around before scrum or lineout time, or to move forwards from behind the ruck into the backline or vice versa at ruck time

On Defense:
- hit stick
- strafe button - allows defensive player to track backwards while still facing his opposite man
- strip ball button
- better defensive formations eg. man-to-man, zone and blitz/rush defense

Other stuff:
- Franchise mode
- better customisation eg player editing, create-a-player/team etc.
- more realistic player momentum and physics

if they just took the latest Madden and replaced the NFL gameplay with Rugby and obviously changed the rosters (ie. keeping the great franchise mode, accurate rosters, awesome create a player) it would be sick.

Well, EA are generally a year behind with everything so they may just have the ARC... maybe...

great ideas, i wouldn't mind them EA guys fix up the penalties and advantages because they are annoyingly stink(?).

Manual rucks... c'mon!

Latest posts