• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL anyone?

Oakland Raiders and California Golden Bears for as long as I live. Those have always been my teams and always will be... [/b]

Ah the Cal Bears i only somewhat like them because theyre the only team that can stand up to USC in the shitty pac-10!!

i'd put my house on pats winning uperbowl this season they have made some incredible signings and their draft picks are always gd!

I play American Football in England (took it up at Sheffield Uni) - it's my 2nd sport behind rugby. Being a hooker, quarterback was the natural position for me - I try and watch it on Sunday's if I'm not playing...

You'd be surprised at the following in the UK - there's a uni league, a junior league and a senior league.
Plus the Giants play the Dolphins in October at Wembley:
90,000 seats. 500,000 application for those seats from the UK alone.

<div class='quotemain'> Oakland Raiders and California Golden Bears for as long as I live. Those have always been my teams and always will be... [/b]

Ah the Cal Bears i only somewhat like them because theyre the only team that can stand up to USC in the shitty pac-10!!

[/b][/quote]

What are you on about? The Pac 10 is always on par or better than the big 10, and every now and then rivals the SEC. But I believe we should start a college football thread to begin that debate.

As for the NFL, I have stated my alligence to the Cleveland Browns.

Being a hooker, quarterback was the natural position for me - I try and watch it on Sunday's if I'm not playing...
[/b]

:roflrol:

That said I was the one who projected our second row as being a great QB. And I was right.

We don't play seriously and there's no way in hell I'd join the Uni team because I'm bony as hell. Is the tackling generally better though considering that there must be plenty of rugby players in the ranks? The tackling in the NFL makes me cry at times.

use to be a broncos supporter during the years Elway and Davis carved up opposing teams. I don't really follow it now, I usually just watch the Superbowl and root for the underdog. Although i go for the broncos when i watch them play[/b]

Be my support buddy! Jay Cutler really looks like he'll be a big thing in this league. And although we'll never get another TD, the zone blocking system in Denver means we'll always have a good rushing attack. Plus we have the Champ and John Lynch (who, contrary to popular belief is actually one of the better pass coverage safeties in the NFL)

I'm not a Vince Young fan at all, he did not deserve Rookie of the Year by any means. He needs to learn how to pocket pass for a start...

i'd put my house on pats winning uperbowl this season they have made some incredible signings and their draft picks are always gd![/b]

I wouldn't call their signings incredible by any means. That said considering the Patsies have beaten us once in the last 6 matchups (I think...and that was with Danny Kanell starting at QB for us!) I won't be too worried.

the pats signed moss thats all they need especially with brady and providing moss doesnt behave like a total dick.

the pats signed moss thats all they need especially with brady and providing moss doesnt behave like a total dick. [/b]

Of course if he doesn't pick up from his recent performances he'll be out the window quicksharp. I accept that a couple of years in Jokeland will sap anyone's will to live but there's no guarantee he'll break out of his slump. They'll be dangerous if they get on the same page. But they still won't beat Champ ;)

New Orleans Saints... from before Katrina struck. Don't think they'll do as well this year as last sadly.

As for my superbowl tip I'd say Pittsburgh or Carolina. As well as the Patriots recruited there are still a few weaknesses and I think they are vulnerable to switching off again.

<div class='quotemain'> Go eagles... Go... It's our year... [/b]

To Lose to 63 Year Old Brett Farve.
[/b][/quote]

Yes... It was a bad lost... But Brett was more than ok for a old player... lol... I never said it was our match... I said it will be our year !!!... Go Eagles Go... :bana:

I do follow the Browns a bit since Lerner has taken over the Villa, but I'm not an expert at it.

like to watch a game every now and then but i think it is not really interesting to play (at least for me)

I'm a western Pennsylvania boy, so its Pittsburgh Steelers (NFL) all the way.

I am also a Penn State alumn and bleed blue and white...Hail to the Lion!!!

I'm a Steelers fan and have been for about 15 years. Mike Tomlin has made a very impressive start to his head coaching career and has one of the most influential defensive coordinators in the history of the game, Dick LeBeau, assisting him.

They've started 3-0 and have mauled all their opponents thus far. Long may it continue!

Latest posts