• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL games

Not if my demo is anything to go by. I'm still trolling ebay to find it on the cheep, salthough with Blazing angels and my imminant begining of Rugby League 2 on the horizon, I wouldn't have enough time to devote to it ATM.

Madden 07 was a real let down, however it does look like they've pulled their fingers out for 08's installment.

Not if my demo is anything to go by. I'm still trolling ebay to find it on the cheep, salthough with Blazing angels and my imminant begining of Rugby League 2 on the horizon, I wouldn't have enough time to devote to it ATM. [/b]

What's "cheep" in yoyur eyes?

I think i've seen it at its cheapest for £20...but that's not cheap, at least not in my eyes.

madden is a good game, though it is really the only official NFL game out there.

I remember buying ESPN NFL 2k5 and it was a mile better than madden, and then later that year madden bought the exclusive NFL license and just shot the opposition in the kneecap.

Just a heads up, looks like your Blitz game is £12.99 in Gamestation (or at least on their website, I cannot speak for their store).

All Pro Football uses the 2K5 engine and classic NFL players. It's not Madden, but it is an option and sorta of fun.

Blitz: The league features injecting players with steroids so that they can continue playing with broken bones and such. Maybe after the Benoit thing tho, they will remove this for next year.

NFL street is fun but kind of simplictic and very arcadey.

NCAA 08 is fun but use college teams.

Madden 08 will be good I think. Guess we will see in about two weeks.

I only play madden cos its the closest thing to Rugby on next-gen. I just pass it to the one dude and make him run the full length of the field. Every time.

Madden 08 come out on 15th. For 360 should be amazing. No other games come near it

I have an imported Xbox 360:

All-Pro Football 2k8 is absolutely fantastic! If you love NFL, this game is worth importing (along with a US 360)

I think ill just have to get madden, its about 700 dollars cheaper than that option. I wanted to support All pro, but if they dont release it on pal, what can I do do?

I think ill just have to get madden, its about 700 dollars cheaper than that option. I wanted to support All pro, but if they dont release it on pal, what can I do do? [/b]
Take out the region coding.

<div class='quotemain'> I think ill just have to get madden, its about 700 dollars cheaper than that option. I wanted to support All pro, but if they dont release it on pal, what can I do do? [/b]
Take out the region coding.
[/b][/quote]

How do you do that? If it was that easy, wouldnt we all be playing all pro and NCAA on our 360s right now?

i do like the idea of the superstar mode, which i believe should be recreated in Ea's rugby series

It looks like EA are pulling their fingers out for 2008 though for the first time in a loooong time though. Madden 2008 will definitely be worth a look. I think they're rewriting a lot of the AI, plus the development blog shows a lot of great new features (ie eliminating the money plays, terrible blocking is being rectified, receiving is generally more realistic) and it seems that there's going to be a much more realistic differentiation between good and mediocre players...the game is becoming less and less influenced by speed which is a major advancement.

http://www.easports.com/maddennfl/blogs.jsp

I'm REALLY looking forward to this game. And it's helped to offset the disappointing vibes emnating from Rugby 08. All I need now is for a Wii Cricket game to be announced (first person batting) and I'll be splurging on my keyboard.
[/b]

Whats would this game be like to get into? I'm from the UK so do not have a natural appreciation of the game. I used to watch it on TV so know most of the rules, not too far from rugby really, bar stopping and the time and passing forwards.

If youve never played it before and dont have any pre concieved notion of what it should or shouldnt be like then youll probably love it. Its been around and popular for so long for a good reason. Give it a go.

Whats would this game be like to get into? I'm from the UK so do not have a natural appreciation of the game. I used to watch it on TV so know most of the rules, not too far from rugby really, bar stopping and the time and passing forwards. [/b]

I got into NFL through watching it and Madden 99. And now I could explain the intracacies of a two-gap defensive tackle system. It takes a while to get used to but as you learn more about the game you appreciate it more.

Madden 08 (PC) isn't bad. Better than 07, feels smoother but they left out a lot of stuff which they said they would put in the current gen systems. *****. Not everyone wants to buy a 360 or PS3 for crying out loud.

So EA are supposedly making an effort in this years installment. Good, 07 was terrible. half the game is spent letting the computer AI defend and the offensive controls weren't great either.

Sounds promising, but I'll be renting just in case.

I've never been a huge fan of NFL games. Usually the dynasty/career mode is confusing and clumsy when the trading and picking players comes around. The game isn't too bad. A couple years ago they add QB vision which is good in theory but difficult for many of us when we play.

My football game of choice is EA NCAA all the way. There are problems with this game as well but it seems to be the game I keep going back to after trying the new Madden or other NFL games.

Latest posts