• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Madden

H

harrison2468

Basically, with the play of Rugby 2005 wearing down, I've decided to go back 2 playin NFL 05 recently. It probably is the best sports game i've ever played. Amazin!

I don't know how many of u hav the game but I kno a few of u have an interest in American Football. Anyway, I set up this topic 2 discuss anythin 2 do with the game.

In my game, I've been playin as the Baltimore Ravens 4 4 years now and have won the Super Bowl each year on (semi)Pro and will move up a level after this season. The management side of the game amazes me thou as my team will soon be relocating 2....Mexico City! My fans r a bit ****** off but I felt like doing it anyway. Goin 2 b called the Mexico City Bulldogs and will play in Red an Black in a roofed 80-000 stadium.
<

I got some players who I've brought up through the ranks from drafting and trading for rookies. My QB was about 81OVR when I got him, now is 99 with 98Power an 99Acc. Also got a RG on 90OVR and only 22. The detail in the game is excellent. Couldn't believe it 2 start with. Quality game

Any1 else's thoughts and moments?

Meh, hired the game out the other day because I was at home being sick everywhere, and it was the second time I've played it, first time post-rugby 2005, and why oh why oh why, is Rugby 2005 so damn slow? Like in the menus, and the loading times. And what AW said about Rugby 2005 having more to load and take in in-game is bull. In Madden theres all the people on the sidelines moving around and stuff as well, yet it loads much quicker. And when you pause the menu (PS2 btw) you can move through the options as fast as you'd expect to, yet in Rugby 2005, when you pause the game, it takes half a bloody hour to cycle through the options (which there are less of).

Meh, the actual games not bad. Gets boring if your HB and WR is the man though.

I played Madden since mega drive but not a real fanatic at all. Played it about as much as I played soccer......actually I hate the sport of Gridiron compared to rugby.

Great moments......when I actually beat a fanatic in a game. Worst moment......same thing. Bit players should NEVER beat an accomplished person on a game. Hail Mary tactics should be harder........too many fluke catches for me when I was marked up by 3 people.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Jun 15 2005, 11:52 AM
I played Madden since mega drive but not a real fanatic at all. Played it about as much as I played soccer......actually I hate the sport of Gridiron compared to rugby.

Great moments......when I actually beat a fanatic in a game. Worst moment......same thing. Bit players should NEVER beat an accomplished person on a game. Hail Mary tactics should be harder........too many fluke catches for me when I was marked up by 3 people.
ESPN mate

Madden wont punish the hail mary's or any other irratic passing routes

throw into double coverage in ESPN and u will get picked more than 60% of the time, 90% of the time if the opponent knows what he/she is doing

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Jun 15 2005, 11:52 AM
I'm the same... I acknowledge they are 'technically' well crafted games, but I just loathe the sport of Gridiron so much that it is really really hard to enjoy!

Originally posted by ak47+Jun 15 2005, 12:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jun 15 2005, 12:19 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@Jun 15 2005, 11:52 AM
I played Madden since mega drive but not a real fanatic at all.  Played it about as much as I played soccer......actually I hate the sport of Gridiron compared to rugby.

Great moments......when I actually beat a fanatic in a game.  Worst moment......same thing.  Bit players should NEVER beat an accomplished person on a game.  Hail Mary tactics should be harder........too many fluke catches for me when I was marked up by 3 people.
ESPN mate

Madden wont punish the hail mary's or any other irratic passing routes

throw into double coverage in ESPN and u will get picked more than 60% of the time, 90% of the time if the opponent knows what he/she is doing [/b]
Just a shame that theres no longetitivty to speak of

Oh Joy.

That sounds like a treat. The San Diego Lighting vs the Washington Natives.

As well as that, this is the last year that Sega Sports will have the ESPN Presentation - ESPN signed a 15 year deal with EA (Waits for all the noobs to say that now EA Sports are working together with the Makers of the 2K Series...)

just starting my new franchise with the falcons(my 5th attempt)

i created rupeni caucau his stats are speed 99,agility 99,accleration 99 and break tackle 98 and injury 37 lol!!!

hes awesome tho plays like his real life counter part with ball in hand....even when i read the papers he occasionaly is missing from training and is found showing off his kids on ebay

Latest posts