• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NH Rugby Transfers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Mar 25 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Josh Lewsey, started his rugby days with us.[/b]
I thought Lewsey had retired and was becoming a managing consulter or consulting manager or somethign equally as boring?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Mar 25 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Latest from Bris

Outs

Spice to France, Metro or Brive
Crockett to Worcester
Ed Barnes, released
Ins

Josh Lewsey, started his rugby days with us.
Girvan Dempsey
[/b]
Really? It would be a decent move for Dempsey from a playing perspective if Bristol make the Premiership but it could be disasterous financially for him. By moving abroad he'd forfeit a lump sum of tax which he'd be entitled to for retiring in Ireland.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 25 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Mar 25 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Josh Lewsey, started his rugby days with us.[/b]
I thought Lewsey had retired and was becoming a managing consulter or consulting manager or somethign equally as boring?
[/b][/quote]

I thought so too, probably rubbish as that seems to do the rounds every season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 25 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Mar 25 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Latest from Bris

Outs

Spice to France, Metro or Brive
Crockett to Worcester
Ed Barnes, released
Ins

Josh Lewsey, started his rugby days with us.
Girvan Dempsey
[/b]
Really? It would be a decent move for Dempsey from a playing perspective if Bristol make the Premiership but it could be disasterous financially for him. By moving abroad he'd forfeit a lump sum of tax which he'd be entitled to for retiring in Ireland.
[/b][/quote]
Jeez Snoop getting all detailed :p

Seriously though as you say it'd be good move as his Leinster career seems to be over as there so much young talent coming through,
But it must be finacially rewarding if he is considering it or maybe he has a good accountant :huh:

But would anyone agree that Girv has alot to offer at Connacht for even a season.

I rate Nagusa. Good winger, one for Fiji in the next RWC.
Yeah, he's a good player who's probably only leaving Ulster due to them already exceeding the NIQ limit imposed on Irish provinces.

He'll do well in France. There's a theory that he plays brilliantly at the start and the end of the season when the ground is firmer and he's not bogged down by awful winter weather.

Rob Miller from Newcastle to Sale:

From the Beeb
Sale Sharks sign Newcastle Falcons fly-half Rob Miller

_47598353_robmillergetty.jpg

Miller has kicked 23 goals and scored two tries in 27 Falcons games​

Sale Sharks have signed Newcastle Falcons fly-half/centre Rob Miller on a three-year deal.

The England Under-20 international, 20, has kicked 31 points in 14 Falcons games this season.
Sharks director of rugby Kingsley Jones said: "This is excellent news for the club. Rob will be a great understudy to Charlie Hodgson.
"He has all the skills we need. He is a great defender and is also an excellent goal kicker."
Meanwhile, chartered accountant Harvey Samson has been named as chairman of Sharks' owners, Cheshire Sport.
Good signing, great prospect.

Also confirmation of Vesty from Bath site:

Vesty joins Bath for next season

VESTY-Web..jpg
Bath Rugby announce the signing of Sam Vesty on a three year deal.
The 28 year old is set to enhance the Bath backline when he joins up with the team in the summer.

“I am really looking forward to coming to Bath,†admitted Sam. “Bath Rugby appealed to me because of the exciting brand of rugby that they play. They like to get the ball into space and attack with ball in hand which is a style that not only suits me, but excites me also.â€

An all-round footballer, the 6ft utility back is a strong, brave defender, who has a varied kicking game and excellent running skills. Sam made 164 appearances for Leicester, however, he is now looking forward to a new challenge in the West Country when he pulls on the blue, black and white.

“It is a great opportunity to enjoy a different experience,†said Sam. "I have a young family, so now is the perfect time to move to a different part of the country and take on a new challenge which I think will be great for my game.â€

With a real ability to bring out the best in others around him, Bath’s Head Coach Steve Meehan believes Vesty will be a real asset to the team.

“Sam has a great range of skills and is very flexible; he prefers fly half, but he can play at 10 or 12", said Meehan. “He is a player who is team-orientated and thoroughly professional.

“He is also an very intelligent player and another goal kicker with a style of play that will definitely complement Bath when he joins us in the summer.â€

Hurrar, a flyhalf is just what need - we've been using a centre and a fullback when Hodgsons been out
Now to find a Scrumhalf from somewhere

Saints have also signed Joe Ford from Leeds.
He looks fairly promising for a 19 year old.