• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NH Rugby Transfers

Sam Tuitupou the Worcester centre - anyone able to update me on him.
I can confirm Munster have signd him in past day (subjest to he passing various areas - medical etc)
But haven't seen alot of him, is he any good.

One of the best defenders you will find.. during his time in New Zealand he was near the hardest hitter in the country, hes a former openside flanker.
On attack he is solid, he has a low centre of gravity and produces alot of go forward ball on his runs. Makes very few mistakes.

Hes a good buy, i was sad to see him leave NZ

Rumours in papers today that D'Arcy (who's contract expires after season) is on his way to Ospreys for a new challenge.
I think this would be a great move for him to just revitalize his game but also for Leinster who will free up alot of cash and well they are better off rebuilding bit by bit as opposed to altogether.
Kearney
Fitzgerald/Keating/Horgan
O'Driscoll
Fitzgerald/McFadden
Nacewa
Sexton
Reddan/Boss

Leinster could cope fairly easily without D'arcy. The current starting 12 is still a talented player capable of big performances but he's not as consistent as he once was. I suspect there's not much basis to the story (it's in the NotW) but if there is, his loss won't be fel too much. Losing O'Driscoll, Kearney, Sexton, Heaslip or Fitzgerald would be much worse for Leinster.

Rumours in papers today that D'Arcy (who's contract expires after season) is on his way to Ospreys for a new challenge.
I think this would be a great move for him to just revitalize his game but also for Leinster who will free up alot of cash and well they are better off rebuilding bit by bit as opposed to altogether.
So who will drop out of the centres? Hook, Bishop and Parker are all very good centres, plus there's Spratt and Beck who won't get a chance. Fussell and Nikki Walker will have to fight for the bench as well, because chances are they'd never be able to push Bowe into the 13 spot.

Seems like a waste of money. He's a good player, but not what the Ospreys need.

Ospreys will fit him in there.

Would spell an end to Beck / Bishop if it did happen

Cheers for that ranger so between him and Mafi we'll possibly have 2 great tacklers in the centre and must say he isn't on major money so it must be a great deal all around.

I agree snoop that Leinster can cope with the loss of D'Arcy and well chances are BOD will leave after next season but by then that will be ok then as his time is ending too and after World Cup i think he'll retire from Ireland.

All young guns (Sexton Kearney Fitz etc) will stay no doubts there and Luke Fitz is destined to be a centre I think.

Seriously hope this isn't true. I'm still hoping for Gareth Owen to get his chance in the centre, that would never happen with D'Arcy there aswell. How many centres so the O's need? Next season, there'll be the possibility of:

James Jook
Andrew Bishop
Sonny Parker
Gavin Henson
Ashley Beck (expecting big things from this lad)
Jonathan Spratt
Gareth Owen
Tommy Bowe (more wing though)
Gordon D'Arcy.

Holly s**t, that's just too many!

D'Arcy move may make sense and while Ospreys have plenty of backs the 12 position is their weakest possibly in resources and well Hook needs competition

Chris Jones headed from Sale to Harlequins on loan for a year
That's three second rowers we've lost now (Schofield ->Toulon, Cokbain ->Released and Jones -> Quins) - I hope Brewer know's what he's doing/has a couple of people lined up to sign

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2010/0517/1224270547913.html

THE ARRIVAL of yet another Australian into the Irish provincial coaching system was announced last week as Brian Melrose will be working as a backs assistant under Eric Elwood in Connacht next season. Melrose has worked with the Wallabies under-20s and Tonga.

There has also been two new recruits from the All-Ireland league, with Blackrock winger Shane Monahan and inside centre Kyle Tonetti switching from the Leinster Academy to professional terms out west.
They're good additions to the squad. Both played for new coach Eric Elwood for the Ireland u20's a couple of years ago.

Tonetti has played three times for Leinster and been impressive each time. Covering 10 and 12, his versatility will be a huge benefit to the Connacht squad. He's good enough to start at 12 for them immediately.

Monahan will add depth to Connacht on the wing. He'll be a useful squad player. Connacht are also supposedly interested in Darragh Fanning, a winger for Mary's in AIL 1a.

I don't know much about Melrose but a new voice coaching the backs will help prevent the squad becoming stale. I think Melrose has worked with Oz u20's and the Waratahs in the past.

Lads rumours in Thomond Park is Munster are poised to sign a 2nd row who is in Baa-Baas squad

with pauls injury being quite serious and the idea of regnerating the squad this could be quite a good deal however this will be donncha ryans season and I hope this signing doesnt prevent that

Donncha Ryan will play alot more at 6 I think and be switched between positions

Lee Robinson is moving from Bristol to Leicester.
I thought he'd be moving up after his performances at the end of the season, but I'm not sure if Leicester really need him. Must be just a squad replacement for Murphey

D'Arcy move may make sense and while Ospreys have plenty of backs the 12 position is their weakest possibly in resources and well Hook needs competition

Not in the slightest. Hook and Bishop are both able to play 12. Gareth Owen is probably best suited to the 12 shirt, and Ashley Beck has been awesome in the Premiership for two seasons now, another 12. This is before the possibility of Henson. 12 is probably one of the Osprey's strongest positions.

Lee Robinson is moving from Bristol to Leicester.
I thought he'd be moving up after his performances at the end of the season, but I'm not sure if Leicester really need him. Must be just a squad replacement for Murphey

They had in nimd either Robbo or Tarscott and they have enough wingers in the Tarscott mould and not that many in the Robbo mould so they went for Robbo. Although a great attacking force he needs to work on his defense as too many times he rushes in from the wing, misses the tackle/interception therefore leaving his wing unattended.

Heinke van der Merweis on his way to Leinster for next season. suppose it's hard to attract the bigger name props with the WC next season. Still, a decent signing.

A good signing. Strong and keen player and a good srcummager. I also think this is quite a smart move by the player coming from the woeful lions. Hopefully will give him some good experience which could get him into the SA squad on his return to the country

Latest posts