• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NH Rugby Transfers

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 28 2006, 07:55 AM
what, iestyn harris is welsh, and if the point youre making is that all league to union players are flops, then what about jason robinson and lote tuqiri.
Yes, but that was a total balls up job, made by the WRU, who are just a principality of the RFU. Also I never said the RFU, I just said we. As in a collective term for 'Unionists'.

Yes, we may get the Jason Robinson's of the world. However he wasn't brought in by England initially. He was contacted by the then new Sale chairman.

So Lora, stop roaming around topics, finding imperfections in what people say, just for the point of posting.

BM

this is a forum, its hardly roaming around, ive posted sveral times in this forum. This aint black mondays soap box, its a forum, people are going to disagree with things you say. and i do.

I'm pretty sure it was Woodward who initiated Robinson's move. He signed him on a short-term deal when he was at Bath (as he did with Paul) and was a continued fan. He ended up at Sale pretty much because it was the closest union club.

At the minute I'm not sure we can even class Farrell as a flop, as that would imply that he's actually done something.

If we're going to sign people from League, we should look at the young players like Danny Maguire or Richie Mathers, not guys in their late twenties. I've got a hue objection to the unions stumping up the money when it could be put to much better use at grassroots and youth level (or, perish the thought, not making the cheapest Twickenham international ticket £50).

Lee Byrne and Taliesin Selley have signed for Ospreys today. Not too fussed about Selley leaving, but Byrne leaves a gap on our bench. Could do with a new utility back.

Ian Vass to Saints.

Get in, nice to see a home grown lad coming back to his roots.

Straight from the Bedford website

''The Club is delighted to announce the arrival of Ben Patston to Goldington Road for next season. Having spent the last few years at Northampton Saints academy Ben will offer the ability to play at both outside half and full back. He is a left footed goal kicker with the ability to strike the ball a long way out of hand. Ben comes highly recommended from the Saints and is further evidence of the strong relationship between the two clubs.''

Patston is possibly one of the best young talents I've ever seen. Considering the ties between Northampton and Bedford, I can see him coming back when his contract expires in 2 years time after he gets some match experience - at the exact same time that Spencers contract expires.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@May 2 2006, 08:50 PM
Straight from the Bedford website

''The Club is delighted to announce the arrival of Ben Patston to Goldington Road for next season. Having spent the last few years at Northampton Saints academy Ben will offer the ability to play at both outside half and full back. He is a left footed goal kicker with the ability to strike the ball a long way out of hand. Ben comes highly recommended from the Saints and is further evidence of the strong relationship between the two clubs.''

Patston is possibly one of the best young talents I've ever seen. Considering the ties between Northampton and Bedford, I can see him coming back when his contract expires in 2 years time after he gets some match experience - at the exact same time that Spencers contract expires.
What are we doing letting him go at all? Loan him out by all means, but it seems strange that they don't keep him officially tied to the club at all. The lad has huge potential.

Falcons have now released Scotland lock Stuart Grimes, and there is a lot of talk saying that Colin Charvis, whose contract expires this summer, won't have his deal renewed.

What's crawled up Rob Andrew's arse? He's releasing contracted players all over the place.

From the Bedford Website
Director of Rugby Mike Rayer is delighted to announce the capture of Ross Broadfoot, Mike said "we have been chasing Ross for a number of weeks and are now pleased to announce his agreement to join us for next season.  He is a quality player with premiership experience and along with Ben Patston will provide us with competition at 10 & 15 in our back line.  This adds to the blend of youth and experience in our squad and I'm sure both Ross and Ben will benefit from playing alongside the likes of Matt Allen and the other senior players."

After making his debut for Leicester at the start of last season the left footed place kicker made a total of eight appearances in the first team and was also a member of Tigers' successful A League squad. Ross had represented England at 16 Group Schools in 1999/2000 and 2000/01, and 18 Group Schools (1 September) in 2001/02, before being selected for England at the FIRA U19s World Championship in France in April 2003. He also appeared in the U19 'shadow' Six Nations, and the IRB U19 World Championship in Durban where he kicked a personal tally of 23 points in England's 33-23 win over Australia in the pool stages. During 2004/05 he progressed to the England U21 team for which he made three appearances during the shadow Six Nations campaign. A former pupil of Whitgift School, Croydon, Ross was a member of their squad that won the Daily Mail Under 15 Cup in 1999. He plays cricket as a hobby.
[/b]
GET IN THERE!!! :D :cheers:

Why should I care, two great Fly-Half/Fullbacks coming to Bedford. Now we just need two props and a backrow.

Yet another Gunner has moved to Glasgow. Ally Kellock has signed.

The SRU are a complete joke. Edinburgh are the only Scottish side who look like they could win the league, and are prepared to let player go? Complete farce! Some pessimists believe that the SRU are preparing the most succesful and cash generating pro team.

Congratulations McKie.....your a complete and utter tool.

The rats are jumping ship at Headingley. The Tykes have announced who will be leaving this summer:

Players leaving Leeds Tykes: Iain Balshaw, Chris Bell, Gordon Bulloch, Danny Care, Andy Craig, David Doherty, Dan Hyde, Mark McMillan, Tom Palmer, Richard Parks, Roland Reid, Gordon Ross and David Rees.

Players remaining at club: Tom Biggs, Lee Blackett, Michael Cusack, Roland De Marigny, Jon Dunbar, Stuart Hooper, James Isaacson, Chris Jones, Scott Morgan, Chris Murphy, Rob Rawlinson, Nathan Thomas and Rob Vickerman.

I'd happily see Care, Doherty and Palmer come to Bath. There are strong rumours that Balshaw is coming back, which I really hope aren't true. We'll sign him and he'll spend three years either being **** or injured (or both).

Rumours have been flying about saying Care is coming to Saints. I'm suprised Biggs isn't leaving, he has been linked with us as well. Palmer would be one of my personal favourites to see.

Fair play to both Biggs and Hooper for staying though. They have been Leed's better players, and could easily get in most squads, so to stay and help Leeds get back up is commendable, along with the others staying.

Latest posts