• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NH Rugby Transfers

Balshaw to Gloucester. At least something good has come over the Ashton-saga. If BA's future was certain, Balshaw would have signed with Bath. I'm almost thankful the RFU are poaching our coach again.

Balshaw's signing pushes Marcel Garvey out of Kingsholm, the winger signing for Worcester.

Hey Gunner, what do you think of Canadian Mike Pyke in your club right now? I was sort of curious what your opinion on his playing skills are.

ha ha ha, yeah sorry, ive been helping my sister with her history and the guy must have been on my mind.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@May 13 2006, 06:37 PM
Hey Gunner, what do you think of Canadian Mike Pyke in your club right now? I was sort of curious what your opinion on his playing skills are.
He seldom plays. When he has, he's been OK in attack, but his defence isn't all that great.

Gunners have signed Ben Cairns from Currie aswell.

Califano announced on monday that he had agreed to play next two seasons with Gloucester.

Isitolo Maka leaves Toulouse for f***uora in Japan. He was carried by his team mates in a round of honnor last Saturday. He even scored 2 point when transforming a try instead of Michalak.

the japanese league must be quite competitive, as he wouldnt be the first big name to go up there.

Yeah, the players are attracted cause of the big money. Most of the teams in Japan are corperations, so have oodles of cash.

Originally posted by DonBilly@May 17 2006, 10:12 AM
Isitolo Maka leaves Toulouse for f***uora in Japan. He was carried by his team mates in a round of honnor last Saturday. He even scored 2 point when transforming a try instead of Michalak.
I saw the kick on Setanta. It was sensational.

Originally posted by el_tk+May 19 2006, 06:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DonBilly
@May 17 2006, 10:12 AM
I saw the kick on Setanta. It was sensational. [/b]
Out of interest, what was so good about this kick? Was it just because he's a back row player that made it so great?

Originally posted by PeeJay+May 21 2006, 12:26 AM-->
Originally posted by el_tk@May 19 2006, 06:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DonBilly
@May 17 2006, 10:12 AM

I saw the kick on Setanta. It was sensational.
Out of interest, what was so good about this kick? Was it just because he's a back row player that made it so great? [/b]
It was under the posts, he took it about 20 metres back, turned around and hoofed it. His twenty-odd stone also added something to the occasion.

Pah, that's nothing. You haven't seen anything until you've seen Gareth Chilcott convert his own try in his final match. He needed a rest in the run up to the ball.

CHILCOTT_G_19860301_GH_R.jpg

Originally posted by skysports.com
Newcastle duo fly Falcons nest

charvis.jpg

Newcastle Falcons have confirmed that international forwards Colin Charvis and Stuart Grimes will not be in the squad for next season.

Wales back row Charvis has spent two seasons at Kingston Park and was even captaining the Guinness Premiership side last year.

Charvis joins Scotland lock Grimes in leaving the club, as he leaves after spending over six years on Tyneside.

Fly-half Dave Walder also leaves the club, with a move to Newport Gwent Dragons being mentioned, while Owen Finegan has attracted Guinness Premiership interest.

Director of rugby Rob Andrew has confirmed that Australian full-back Matt Burke will replace 34-year-old Charvis as Falcons skipper after signing a new two-year contract.

"Matt takes over from Colin Charvis, who led the side last season, but along with Stuart Grimes will not be with us for the coming campaign," said Falcons rugby director Rob Andrew.

"We thank Colin and Stuart for their time with us, and wish them both well for the future."

Charvis, who has 84 caps for Wales, is now considering retiring from the game after his departure from Newcastle.

New skipper Burke, who has notched 21 tries from 48 starts, believes that club are on an upward spiral.

"We saw our potential last season with some fantastic performances, beating all four of the top sides in the Premiership," said Burke.

"The key now is to maintain that form over the course of the whole campaign, and to do ourselves justice with the great talent we have in the squad."

Newcastle have also confirmed their new arrivals in the squad, with Northampton wing John Rudd, North Harbour flanker Brent Wilson, Rotherham prop Jon Golding and Otley lock Jason Oakes all coming in.

"The end of last season saw glimpses of what we are capable of when we have the likes of Jonny Wilkinson, Mathew Tait, Jamie Noon and Matt Burke in the sameback-line behind our good young forwards, and this is a squad which will develop together over a number of years," added Andrew.

"We have confidence in this squad, and will be allowing them to grow together to fulfil their undoubted promise."

Rob Andrew does it again! :lol:

Sale have made some good signings, if only to replace the gaps in our squad for when Internationals come about.

JM Lobbe (Brother of Ignacio)
A Vilk (Sevens player from Northampton)
C Bell (Centre from Leeds)

Lobbe will provide much needed cover in the back row and vilk and bell will add to the backline. Truthfully I have only seen Bell in action, but Lobbe is held in high regard. Any information on those 3?

BM

Originally posted by Black-Monday@May 30 2006, 12:49 PM
Sale have made some good signings, if only to replace the gaps in our squad for when Internationals come about.

A Vilk (Sevens player from Northampton)
Quality player, but he'll never be fit or availible for selection being injured/in Dubai or wherever.

Latest posts