• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NH Rugby Transfers

Cronin's been offered moves to Leinster and I think Ulster too. He's turned them down and is blatantly counting the days until Flannery's retirement.

I think the point of the 1 year contracts is so there can be a sweeping review and overhaul. Yes, it'll make it easier for the other Irish provinces to nab their players, but as we've just seen it was easy enough already...

Anyway, looking forwards to Duffy at Ulster. Final part of the jigsaw except a new beard for Ian Humphries.

Can confirm that 100% Cronin rejected Leinster this year and signed a 1year deal with Connacht with expectation he will be a Munster player next year and well he is a Shannon RFC player at heart so no surprise

Aston Croall, Harlequins ->Sale

Sale really look to be in trouble, Fijian lock, Paul Williams, Kyle Tonetti and Croall. I'm guessing these signings don't fill you with confidence Olyy? Best of luck to Sale, I thought they would go down last season, they have their work cut out for them this time around.

Right, this one has pished me right off.

The Other Arscott Joins Worcester

I can understand him leaving, but only to a Premiership team, but not to a side that will be playing at the same level as us. That says only 1 thing to me, that Tom was unwilling to take the offered pay cut to play for Bris and instead has gone to Worcs for the extra money.

That's harsh. A rugby player's career is only 10 years long. He's right to look after himself and earn as much money as he can.

Put it this way- you like you're current job but are expected to take a 25+% pay cut. At the same time you're offered a job doing the exact same thing, with better career prospects and your salary doesn't drop. What would you do?

I guess that's my point, in moving to Wuss does he have better career prospects? If he moved to Leicester, Glos et al I wouldn't be kicking up a fuss as a move there is a step forward. I think Worcs is a step sideways, albeit a better paid step sideways.

And if it was me, if it was somewhere I loved working I'd stay.

I guess that's my point, in moving to Wuss does he have better career prospects?
Yes.

From where I stand, Bristol appear to be a sinking ship. How many players have left the club at this stage? Those that remain are expected to take a massive drop in pay. Worcester are a better bet for promotion and will help Arscott get his career on track. At Bristol he'd be mired in Championship obscurity. His career prospects and bank balance both improve by moving to Worcester.

Yes.

From where I stand, Bristol appear to be a sinking ship. How many players have left the club at this stage? Those that remain are expected to take a massive drop in pay. Worcester are a better bet for promotion and will help Arscott get his career on track. At Bristol he'd be mired in Championship obscurity. His career prospects and bank balance both improve by moving to Worcester.

Alas, you speak the truth. Good luck to him, just as long as he has 'mares of a game when they play us :lol:

James Lewis and Rhys Crane both on 3month trials at Sale Sharks,
Both look decent, especially Crane who has played 7s for Wales

Rumour has it a prop from Bourgouin is heading to Sale (i'm not even going to attempt to spell his name) - saw a video of him and he's an immensely strong runner. Think Heaslip flattening O'Gara, but on big flankers/locks, it's immense. He was supposed to be going to Toulouse but failed a medical (he has some aorta problem and they couldnt insure him, which is a worry, really)

Rumour has it a prop from Bourgouin is heading to Sale (i'm not even going to attempt to spell his name) - saw a video of him and he's an immensely strong runner. Think Heaslip flattening O'Gara, but on big flankers/locks, it's immense. He was supposed to be going to Toulouse but failed a medical (he has some aorta problem and they couldnt insure him, which is a worry, really)
not anymore a rumor: Karena Wihongi, failed the medical at Toulon (not Toulouse) and the LNR refused him the licence, in France he cannot play anywhere anymore

Sale sign IRB 7s player of the year, Samoan winger Mikaele Pesamino

Still three more signings to come as well :D

I saw the Pesamino signing and thought that's a really, really good signing. He's a tryed-and-tested player, fantastically able, but he won't have broken the bank. The sort of player the Dragons would sign.

Latest posts