• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NHL info please

P

paco1

Please some of the experienced gamers on this forums can tell me which is the best game of the recent NHL series (let´s say from 2004 to present). And another question: is it worth it?
Are there fight within the game controled by the palyer?

In terms of Decent EA games, the latest is the greatest which is the case for NHL. NHL 08 has been on sale for a while now.

I know for a fact that you can put hits on by the user controlled player, but I'm not 100% sure if you can fight. There are fight scenes within the game but I can't remember if you can control a player in it :)

Rugbys a religion, you must be talking about NHL 07. 08 is not out yet.

NHL 08 comes out on september 21. NHL 2k8 is coming out in october. In my NZ anyway. Earlier in the states.

I live for hockey games, and Ive owned and played every single one since the PS2. Please tell me which console you are on and ill give you some advice.

Yeah, sorry CeeJay! I bought 07 this year and I spose I thought it was 08 because you tend to buy the next years ***le the year before, eg. buy 08 in 07.

Are you talkin 360 version? What did you think of it? If you liked it then your gonna love 08. I started a thread on 07 last year, and I got 0 replies. LOL.This years hockey games are going to really set benchmarks for sporting ***les IMO. But hockey games are not popular here so im surprised to find that theres atleast a bit of interest!

Nup, talkin bout the PC version sorry! I kind of got to a point where it got really hard for me to master it, so its kind of annoying but I enjoy it nonetheless!

Ah, current gen. You using a controller with sticks? At least on PC the graphics smoke the ps2. Sadly the cuurent gen version are merely roster updates these days. This year next gen is looking fantastic.

Rugbys a religion, you must be talking about NHL 07. 08 is not out yet.

NHL 08 comes out on september 21. NHL 2k8 is coming out in october. In my NZ anyway. Earlier in the states.

I live for hockey games, and Ive owned and played every single one since the PS2. Please tell me which console you are on and ill give you some advice.
[/b]

I have PC , only. I´m thinking of getting NHL 07. Is it good??. I heard it has many leagues and international teams too. (would you give me the international team list?) Thanks a lot CeeJay

You cant go wrong with current gen. Im bored with it after playing it for so long, and after playing next gen, but if your new to nhl youll love it. On next gen the fighting is terrible, but its kinda arcady fun on current gen. You have the NHL, and three different European leagues (Finlands. swedens and I forgot the last one) and also world cometition. I dont have a copy of this atm, but ill try to remember the list off the top of my head:

Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, England, slovakia, cezh republic, Kazakstan, Russia, Belarus, Japan, USA, Canada

I think there might be a couple more, but ther you go.

nhl 07 isn't a huge improvement...save yourself some cash and just get NHL 06 - all of the above mentioned european leagues and national teams are on that plus you've got most of the big recent stars and fight mode

So there is fighting in 06 and it has been removed in 07??

Thanks a lot for the team list.

NHL 08 looks promising. It's the first game to include AHL teams - depending on how it works in practice, this could prove to be a great addition to the series.

I love hockey games and have been playing them for my whole life. First one with a good fight mode was Blades of Steel back in 1987.

The most recent game I played was 2007 and it was pretty awesome. I never played 2006 so it might be a waste to upgrade after only one year. Games are nice and fast paced, hard hitting and it actually takes some work to score without putting the difficulty on the highest level. I can't say enough about some NHL games.