• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nike RWC Jerseys - Is it just me...

• Thread starter American Springbok
  • Start date
Well they have changed it a bit, but you can't change much on the All Blacks jersey because they have to keep in with tradition, which isn't really a bad thing as it sort of adds to the whole mystique surrounding the All Blacks.[/b]

Sanzar, I have no problem at all with the All Blacks wearing traditional kit, I was talking in terms of discussion points and invention, Addidas haven't exactly pushed the boat out, which the other manufacturers have - whether the results are good or bad.

It appears to me that the Aussie jersey was designed with Matt Dunning in mind with the bikini-like swoosh making it appear that the rest of the team have man boobs too.

It appears to me that the Aussie jersey was designed with Matt Dunning in mind with the bikini-like swoosh making it appear that the rest of the team have man boobs too. [/b]

Oh **** I just got an image of that :vomit: :vomit:

<div class='quotemain'> It appears to me that the Aussie jersey was designed with Matt Dunning in mind with the bikini-like swoosh making it appear that the rest of the team have man boobs too. [/b]

Oh **** I just got an image of that :vomit: :vomit:

[/b][/quote]

dudes seriously it make me vomit

i went to go grab one yesterday for the RWC

not anymore - i am boycotting for 2007 RWC jersey purchase

they are revolting........they dont look like jerseys - they look like space suits and wet suits combined and dipped in canary yellow dye

sorry ARU - u cant make much on merchandise this year - the jersey is farked...ugly, has this white sticky stuff.

if u walked into a pub with this on, people would look at you cross-eyed, come up and ask "are you from the matrix"......."are you from future", did u crash at roswell

i would fittingly reply with pasty white contact lens' "where are the crites"?

should have realised this when i saw this on "Beyond 2000" back in 1987

looked for a TV or CD player - nope couldnt find one..unless its behind the padding

I noticed the Melbournian Fans when I was over for the Bledisloe because they were the ones actually wearing the crappy new jerseys...poor misguided AFL supporters :)

Rugby is very traditional and as such any change to tradition will be deemed unusual. I say well done to CCC and Nike for trying to update the kits, i like England's kit.. i like all the new kits.. the only thing i would say is that the French should stick with their usual blue and the CCC jerseys should have a lot less lines. The lines are used to excentuate the contours of the body.. i cant see what so many lines does, there is defo one for manboobs and beer belly though.

In short, these jerseys are not wearable for daily life. They look like body armour.

I think the jerseys will grow on people, but they are a little too far leftfield for the average fan, and that is what the problem is.. you cant go to a game with a shirt that looks like a captain kirks jumpsuit from star trek.

<div class='quotemain'> You guys could always buy the Canada jersey... [/b]

DAMN RIGHT!!! I'm getting mine next week And I won't look American!

(I'll have a smile :) )

[/b][/quote]
You can't hide your country envy with a piece of s___ Barbarian shirt.
BT-canadaamericashat-catalog-2419.jpg

;)

;)
[/b]

LOL - but it looks like the good ol' US of A has ... cancer of the mouth. Unless that's an M16 you're packing.

haha! The England kit does look a bit camp with the sash & the skin tightness!
Anyone seen the Welsh rwc shirt yet??

i like the nike jerseys better than the CCC jerseys at least they look a little different

When are the USA national team getting their jerseys? Haven't seen them anywhere

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> You guys could always buy the Canada jersey... [/b]

[/b][/quote]

;)
[/b][/quote]

I'm just going to say this.

- The Canadian World Cup shirt by Barbarian is a work of art, with no fancy sashs or sticky white pebbles

AND

- Dear USA Rugby Supporters (and O'Rothlain), During your moments of brash arrogance towards your Northern Neighbours, It is very important that you remember this scoreline.....

56-7

haha! The England kit does look a bit camp with the sash & the skin tightness!
Anyone seen the Welsh rwc shirt yet?? [/b]

Oh ho ho ho, aren't you in for a treat! :bana:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> You guys could always buy the Canada jersey... [/b]

[/b][/quote]

;)
[/b][/quote]

a769_bm.gif

The Wallabies jersey was perfected in it's last incarnation (the gold with the green up the sides. The RWC jersey is a massive step backwards, I prefer even the old school orange ones.

Latest posts