• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nintendo announces Wii 2 console

Yeah I lurk too dont post as much as I used to but I have to agree for news on the latest PC tech its one of the best sites to goto and their modding forums are pretty insane with what some guys can do anwyay on topic :p

Haha Bullitt then the gen after that it flips again wiht MS releasing the lower priced hardware with sony coming out with the hardwear beast? :p I'm quite interested in if MS will actually go 100% digital distribution for their games with the next console like they said they want to..

It'll be a marketing disaster if they do that, especially considering what's gone on with the PSN recently.

CD's my have been killed off by MP3s (although they still sell by the truck load), but for the same reasons that movie buffs want DVDs & Blue-Rays rather then e-format downloads, gamers will always want physical disks when they part with their hard earned.

Yeah a MS guy cant remember who now stated the future for consoles is Digital downloads and Ms want to carry that on / embrace it or something along those lines.. if it does go all download only I wont buy it no matter how good it is tbh.. I dont mind having soem games downloaded but I perfer discs by miles as I dont have to worry about if my console breaks and ti only has 5 activations or whatever you can play it as many times as you want on friends consoles etc.

Digital downloads would be sh** because what if you were without internet, or you had a bandwidth cap etc.

I'm actually going to post here, normally I avoid the gaming bit because of the kind of rubbish spouted by the likes of Bullit on the first page, but hey ho, here we go.

However, I have such mixed feelings over Project Café, not least since I've finally decided to buy a PS3 with the release of Portal 2. While part of me is very glad that Nintendo are about to step up technically, the one thing that I'm really bothered about is the online. Wii was a bold enough stab at it, but Nintendo are only starting to 'get' the internet now, with the 3DS. (Street Fighter IV runs without a hitch, and you can completely bi-pass Friend Codes if you want) However, no matter what everyone says, the Wii has plenty of life left in it. It was only last year when we really saw third parties managing to get the console to harness its true power, and the year before when we saw the controls starting to work properly. I really don't want to have to go through another three-year cycle of developers slowly trying to 'get' the hardware, before we start to get excellent games.

What would be nice, however, would be to get the full versions of games like Portal 2 so that I don't have to buy a second console next generation.

However, no matter what everyone says, the Wii has plenty of life left in it.
I dunno, a 66% drop in profits suggests something's slowing down, but there's no reason why support for the Wii can't continue in the same way if did for the PS2.

I'm actually going to post here, normally I avoid the gaming bit because of the kind of rubbish spouted by the likes of Bullit on the first page, but hey ho, here we go.

Oh Boo. The Wii is only a gamecube with a funny gimmick controller and the same 6 "games" re-released over and over again.

I won't get into this any further, besides saying that I liked the GameCube.

And Re Duckdee, sales are certainly slowing down for hardware, but software is still selling strong, and the point I made about the quality of games improving has to be the main point.

Last edited:

Latest posts