• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

No Refs Or Touchies On Field(rugby League 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doovepop

Originally posted by Mario(in the sidhe forums)
There are no refs and touchies visible in the game. The additions and improvements made in other areas dictated that something had to give, and reluctantly it was the refs that had to go
that is so crap
your opinions?

Originally posted by doovepop+Nov 14 2005, 10:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Nov 14 2005, 10:59 PM)</div>
quote from Mario
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario(in the sidhe forums)

There are no refs and touchies visible in the game. The additions and improvements made in other areas dictated that something had to give, and reluctantly it was the refs that had to go
that is so crap
your opinions? [/b]
Storm in a tea cup if you ask me. They didn't have refs in Rugby 2005 apart from cut scenes and I never noticed... People have to stop looking for things to whinge about.

My opinion is to go get yourself some new clothes and meet some females. And to buy a rug.

i would rather have no refs to be honest. rl1 had them, and since im a kiwi, warriors and kiwis are the two teams i use. (and bradford when doing the superleague) so all black uniforms and the refs often have the pink and black shirt? so i often mistake him for my fullback, or other defender. so i always expect him to tackle him, but it never happens
<

this is going to be interesting, will there be an offside line? or something? cause its going to be weird with no ref telling us where the 10m offside is

there still is a ref making calls i believe woosahh you just don't seem him on the field. presumably the 1om is automated and offsides are based on how quick the play the ball is. I could be wrong though. but who cares if you can't see the ref or touchies anyway they are just side additions and don't affect gameplay at all. so doovepop what would sacrafice to see the ref and tough judges on the field online play advancded passing franchise mode maybe.

Not important in the grand scheme if things, is it?

i dont think it is important, was just wondering about the 10m offside rule

if that is the case can you never be called offside? if so that would suck (if it is automated)

Originally posted by doovepop+Nov 15 2005, 12:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Nov 15 2005, 12:59 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario(in the sidhe forums)

that is so crap
your opinions? [/b]
Look, sometimes in life we have to do what we don't want to, its called life.

If not having refs is what you dont want to do, then its life.

But life is life.

Uh-oh. We have ourselves an equation with no real solution.

Yeah in the first one when you played an international the ref's kit clashed with the GB kit.

RL did so much right, it was just the infuriating bugs that sent you over the edge whilst playing it. That was one of them. Not so much a bug as lack of thought to include a change ref strip.

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 15 2005, 01:13 PM
i dont think it is important, was just wondering about the 10m offside rule

if that is the case can you never be called offside? if so that would suck (if it is automated)
like I said I am pretty sure you can be but how it is implemented in the game is a guess and the auotmation based on how quick the play the ball is one way to do it . but hopefully it is more random and you know when you are offside or not. and its not really something to fuss over too much as the rest of the game should be pretty good.

Having no visible match officials isnt a total loss, maybe its a let down at the overall quality of the game..but, its not a game killer.

Would it stop you buying it?

not at all. sure it would be nice if you could see the refs and touchies but its really just a presentation feature and it doesn't affect gameplay much at all. you can still hear the ref making calls and its like having correct adevertsing on the hoardings no one really cares too much about that as its in the background and thats like the officals they are an extra backgroun/presentation feature that you don't really notice much

How will you know if youve been sent off, or more importantly if youve been placed on report. Surely not just by voice.

yeah voice and proabbly a cut scene. maybe stats after the game as well

yeah i am not bothered about no ref, hell i noticed there was no visible ref during rugby 2005 only in the cutscenes, (havn't noticed one in fifa either btw) but i am interested how the offsides are going to be played is all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts