• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nobody talks anymore 'bout RC2006?

V

Vibor

Nobody talks anymore 'bout RC2006?

Is it dead yet? :unsure:

Why not a "RC2006 Big Modification Project", like it's for EA R2006?

Initially, I enjoyed it - i thought it was great.

BUT after a week it got repititive and the graphics, well, I didn't like them. Then along came rugby 06 and I've been playing that (well, a little break just now - I seem to be playing ToCa Race Driver and PES5 alot)

Well, here's one mod... If you really want it...

MANUKIT.jpg

unitedinrc2006.jpg

whats with all the players, thats shocking graphics really (not the quality just the look of the players, the quality looks crap cause of the kit i guess :p)

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@May 17 2006, 02:52 AM
Because it's not as good and nobody can be bothered. Sad but true.
Yeah... it's a shame, but the game definately missed the mark in my opinion. Not very good at all.

I think it was built up too much by the forum guys who played it before release - not the first time that's happened on here though!!

I don't mind the graphics, and there are certain things in the game I prefer over Rugby 06, such as the camera angle, goal kicking, player AI (ie all 15 defenders don't bunch together and run in a straight line directly at the ball!) ... but there are too many things actually broken which spoil playability:
- turnovers are virtually impossible (almost enforces use of the big hit button)
- rucks are way too slow
- kicking from hand is a waste of time, and too sensitive

I played JLR again the other week whilst stuck in bed after an operation, and it is still more playable than this. You are in control of lineouts, rucks are only as slow as it takes the Scrumhalf to reach the breakdown rather than waiting for when the animation is over (plus possession can change several times over the course of a single ruck!), kicking from hand is easier, and the rolling mauls are still unsurpassed.

Others may complain that RC2006 is rubbish as it has no set plays / SH teams etc. - but neither did JLR, and that was still more playable than RC2006 I'm afraid - sorry Trevor!

Now if they had been trying to make a rugby league game - this would have been a very good starting point ...

Latest posts