• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northampton Saints v Worcester Warriors

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 4 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Sep 4 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 4 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 4 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 4 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is Jon Clarke any good?[/b]

He was on for a dead cert in the England team a few years back until <strike>he</strike> Jamie Noon (being a clumsy arse) smashed his ankle. He's steadily been improving and has got his sidestep back, but his out and out pace is nowhere near what it was.
[/b][/quote]

Thought Jamie Noon was dropped from Johnson's Awesome Player Group ages ago.

What I don't get about England is thay hey have a bundle of good centres....Hipkiss, Flutey (though I'm still not gone on him), Tait (yeah he is good...back off!) Turner-Hall and you insist on playing Tindall?

And now you tell me there's this Clark fella too.
[/b][/quote]
Anthony Allen, Geraghty, Waldouck...... Jamie Noon, Olly Barkley. ;)
[/b][/quote]

Olly Barkley? Olly fricken Barkley was one of them infinite 'the next next Jeremy Guscott's that come out of England that didn't work out and he didn't work out on a GRAND SCALE.

Nobody likes Olly Barkley.

Especially me and I don't know why.
[/b][/quote]

Firstly, Olly Barkley is a god.

Secondly, I was very impressed with Northampton second half today. Geraghty was excellent with the boot and also linking with the backs. Reihana (sp?) played superbly on his wing, Hartley led the team from the front, the monster that is Courtney Lawes looked imposing when he got the ball and Foden showed his moments of brilliance. They seem to have so much depth of the bench, with Lobbe not a starter.

Exciting season ahead for them if they can play like that every week.

On another note, on the sky commentary who was the welsh dude? I thought it was Scott Quinnell at first but he was doing the 'Front Line' stuff so I'm not sure.

Final score 20 - 17 to Saints.

Erm..well..can you say "scare of the month??"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Sep 6 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 4 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Sep 4 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 4 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 4 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 4 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is Jon Clarke any good?[/b]

He was on for a dead cert in the England team a few years back until <strike>he</strike> Jamie Noon (being a clumsy arse) smashed his ankle. He's steadily been improving and has got his sidestep back, but his out and out pace is nowhere near what it was.
[/b][/quote]

Thought Jamie Noon was dropped from Johnson's Awesome Player Group ages ago.

What I don't get about England is thay hey have a bundle of good centres....Hipkiss, Flutey (though I'm still not gone on him), Tait (yeah he is good...back off!) Turner-Hall and you insist on playing Tindall?

And now you tell me there's this Clark fella too.
[/b][/quote]
Anthony Allen, Geraghty, Waldouck...... Jamie Noon, Olly Barkley. ;)
[/b][/quote]

Olly Barkley? Olly fricken Barkley was one of them infinite 'the next next Jeremy Guscott's that come out of England that didn't work out and he didn't work out on a GRAND SCALE.

Nobody likes Olly Barkley.

Especially me and I don't know why.
[/b][/quote]

Firstly, Olly Barkley is a god.

Secondly, I was very impressed with Northampton second half today. Geraghty was excellent with the boot and also linking with the backs. Reihana (sp?) played superbly on his wing, Hartley led the team from the front, the monster that is Courtney Lawes looked imposing when he got the ball and Foden showed his moments of brilliance. They seem to have so much depth of the bench, with Lobbe not a starter.

Exciting season ahead for them if they can play like that every week.

On another note, on the sky commentary who was the welsh dude? I thought it was Scott Quinnell at first but he was doing the 'Front Line' stuff so I'm not sure.
[/b][/quote]

Are you sure you didnt mean "Olly Barkley is a cod"?

Anyhoo I didnt see the 2nd half, more intrested in matters at the Mem. Saints will be the side that, should they keep their key players fit, a top 4 finish should be expected as opposed to a hope.

We were crap to start with and gradually got a bit better. Reihana, Hartley, Tonga'uiha and Lawes were the stand-out players. Geraghty also stepped up to the mark when Myler went off injured. Worcester were horribly negative, their style of play just seems to revolve around slowing the whole game down as much as possible and savenging whatever they can.

Won't win anything playing as badly as we did in the first half today, but there should be a lot more to come. Could do with getting Murray back as soon as possible though, I'm a bit nervous about the quality of our depth at tight-head.

Still, a win's a win, we did play all the rugby a should have scored far more points much sooner than we did.

Worcester have always seemed to have done that ever since they've come into the Premiership. They've never managed to get out of their "survive at all costs" mindset and that in turn means that despite getting guys like Rico Gear and so on they're just locked into reducing their game to a never-ending street fight.

The size of their ever growing stadium (apparently going to 17-20k by 2015?) and ambitions of their owner Duckworth cannot hide the small time first division nature of their rugby...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Sep 6 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good to see Courtney Lawes at 2nd Row. Has he eaten anyone yet?[/b]

He ate Willie Walker in the first half.

The backs today had a bad case of trying to do too much I thought. Breakdown was also a little scrappy too. However, good resolve to comeback, and all credit to Worcs, they defended excellently, they just need a little more going forward.

Also, Neil Best's 'tache is awesome (proper Pedro style).

I'll wait until I watch a replay later to pass serious judgement, but can anyone explain quite why Chris White insisted on blowing up every time the game threatened to flow or be reasonably fast? My best guess is he's getting old and is a bit fat, so needed a breather.

Latest posts