• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northampton v Saracens

A

An Tarbh

Northampton.png
Saracens.png

Northampton v Saracens (Sat)

Venue: Franklin's Gardens Date: Saturday, 14 February Kick-off: 1500 GMT

Ben Foden, not required by England this week, returns to the Saints side at full-back with captain Bruce Reihana starting on the left wing.

Ireland flanker Neil Best makes his comeback after his 18-week ban and Roger Wilson starts at number eight.

Saracens hooker Matt Cairns returns (broken arm), while scrum-half Justin Marshall makes his competitive debut.

Hugh Vyvyan and Tom Ryder will feature in the second row with Noah Cato and Richard Haughton selected on the wings.

Northampton: B Foden, P Diggin, J Clarke, J Downey, B Reihana (capt), S Myler, L Dickson, S Tonga'uiha, B Sharman, B Stewart, I Fernandez Lobbe, J Kruger, M Easter, N Best, R Wilson.
Replacements: P Shields, T Smith, C Day, C Lawes, A Dickens, B Everitt, C Mayor.

Saracens: A Goode, R Haughton, K Sorrell, A Farrell (captn), N Cato, G Jackson, J Marshall, N Lloyd, M Cairns, C Johnston, H Vyvyan, T Ryder, W van Heerden, A Saull, B Skirving.
Replacements: A Kyriacou, C Visagie, K Chesney, D Barrell, M Wilson, B Barritt, A Powell

From - BBC Sport

Lol. Marshall.

Expect.
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_41BaK1gMM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

Followed by me getting ****** off by an excited Welshman standing next to I in the pub.

I love this fixture as there is always a bit of banter on here. Good to see Goode and Cato in the Sarries first team too!

Never understood why he wasn't given a proper chance as an international number 8.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Feb 13 2009, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I love this fixture as there is always a bit of banter on here. Good to see Goode and Cato in the Sarries first team too![/b]

Definitely, good to see the academy guys start to shine. Sad that they couldn't make a mark a season earlier though :(

Hopefully this season we won't suffer from the chronic injury and fatigue list we had in 07/08 which was a bit of a disaster towards the end, especially when we were having to cryogenically freeze GOD to keep his knee in good order.

Absolutely no idea how the match actually went, but we won so yay! Am awaiting the text from my Dad with his assessment of the referee though.

A medeocre match ruined by an incompitent referee who's clearly not up to the job of top-flight refereeing. Of note though, I was impressed very much by Paul Diggin for Saints - who's becoming something of a tackling machine - and Alex Goode for Sarries who is getting better every time he plays with some inciisive cutting lines. The better team won on the day, but there's not much else to speak of.

Neil Best giving Panface a smack in the gob during the opening minutes was also the highlight of my season. :D

Bah, if you're playing wot is playing better than you then thats life really.

Really pleased how well Alex Goode is coming on, probably one of Eddie Jones better decisions to place him at 15 and give him confidence with his running and his kicking. The question is though will he get noticed playing for Saracens (answer: no) and will he want to stay at 15 since he's having such a good time there (answer: probably).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 15 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bah, if you're playing wot is playing better than you then thats life really.[/b]

All the words alone make sense, but the combination and order however do not.

Wut?

Thats for YOU to work out!

I meant to say, if you're playing a team who is playing better than you then thats life I guess...

Latest posts