Harlequins - 20/21

BPM

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Harlequins
Assuming we have a 20/21 season, the Quins squad is shaping-up to look something like this:

1. J. Marler* / S. Garcia Botta / G. Head
2. S. Baldwin / E. Elia / J. Musk / S. Riley
3. W. Louw / W. Collier / S. Kerrod
4. S. Lewies / G. Young / D. Lamb
5. M. Symons / T. Cavubati / T. Freeman
6. J. Chisholm / S. Kunatani* / R. Bothma*
7. J. Clifford / W. Evans
8. A. Dombrandt / T. Lawday
9. D. Care / M. Landajo / N. Saunders
10. M. Smith / B. Herron
11. G. Ibitoye / R. Chisholm
12. A. Esterhuzen / P. Lasike / B. Tapuai*
13. J. Marchant / J. Lang / M. Campagnaro / F. Saili*
14. C. Ashton / N. Earle* / C. Murley
15. M. Brown / A. Morris

There's definite speculation on whether the asterisked players will still be with the club, but as yet, they're not confirmed to be leaving.

I hope Marler doesn't retire and I'd like us to keep Semi and Earle. Less bothered about Bothma, Tapuai and Saili.

Obviously losing Robshaw and Sinckler will be a big blow, but I'm hoping that Clifford can get back to fitness and Louw might actually end up being an improvement on Sinckler. Not because he's a better player, but because Sinckler had lost his mojo in a Quins shirt and Louw will be available all season round. He's also a different kind of prop who will hopefully improve our scrum.

Squad depth is improving but outside of the preferred 23, there's a big drop off in quality.

Assuming we have a 20/21 season, the Quins squad is shaping-up to look something like this:

1. J. Marler* / S. Garcia Botta / G. Head
2. S. Baldwin / E. Elia / J. Musk / S. Riley
3. W. Louw / W. Collier / S. Kerrod
4. S. Lewies / G. Young / D. Lamb
5. M. Symons / T. Cavubati / T. Freeman
6. J. Chisholm / S. Kunatani* / R. Bothma*
7. J. Clifford / W. Evans
8. A. Dombrandt / T. Lawday
9. D. Care / M. Landajo / N. Saunders
10. M. Smith / B. Herron
11. G. Ibitoye / R. Chisholm
12. A. Esterhuzen / P. Lasike / B. Tapuai*
13. J. Marchant / J. Lang / M. Campagnaro / F. Saili*
14. C. Ashton / N. Earle* / C. Murley
15. M. Brown / A. Morris

There's definite speculation on whether the asterisked players will still be with the club, but as yet, they're not confirmed to be leaving.

I hope Marler doesn't retire and I'd like us to keep Semi and Earle. Less bothered about Bothma, Tapuai and Saili.

Obviously losing Robshaw and Sinckler will be a big blow, but I'm hoping that Clifford can get back to fitness and Louw might actually end up being an improvement on Sinckler. Not because he's a better player, but because Sinckler had lost his mojo in a Quins shirt and Louw will be available all season round. He's also a different kind of prop who will hopefully improve our scrum.

Squad depth is improving but outside of the preferred 23, there's a big drop off in quality.
crumpton and buchanan at hk remember

True - although pretty sure both are leaving. It would be a shame to let go of Crumpton (he's always been pretty good when he's played) but in the circumstances, I don't think we can justify keeping Buchanan.

True - although pretty sure both are leaving. It would be a shame to let go of Crumpton (he's always been pretty good when he's played) but in the circumstances, I don't think we can justify keeping Buchanan.
Yeah I agree, not too bothered by Baldwin either to be honest, Elia and crumpton is a good pairing I think.
Hope we keep kunatani as well!

Baldwin definitely got better in his last few appearances but was crap to begin with.

I feel like Elia really stepped-up last season. His darts were massively improved and he was more effective in the loose. He's still a bit of a risk in defence as he tends to make a few no arms tackles or late hits, but the positives definitely outweigh her negatives.

Just read Clifford forced to retire. Very sad news.

Latest posts