• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Not Holding My Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sean43

I must say I have no excitement for this game at all. I remember awaiting the release of Rugby 2004. Locksley posted up his reviews and said it was a very good game - I bought his story and ended up with the worst game ever!

I remember WCR, Locksley said it was pretty good - I bought his story and ended up trading the game back in after 2 days!

I remember Rugby 2005, Locksley said it was amazing and a really good game, I didnt buy it - I wrote about how poor I expected it to be on the forums and got slated for it. I was right in the end.

World Championship Rugby 2, Locksley's review was very impressive (got taken off!) but I am unsure again.

Think, no real amazing screenshots, no actual footage, no demo, no set release data, nothing on the website - not looking good guys.

It has to be a major improvement on the first game surely??

I think swordfish will learn from their mistakes first time around and produce a "decent' rugby gameplay experience.........

I think swordfish have learnt from the last game and they did also make the execllent Blic/rpic. so I think this effort will be a lot better but in saying that there have been dissappointments in the past like rugby 2000 2005 and wcr.

Originally posted by sean43@Oct 27 2005, 06:26 AM
I remember Rugby 2005, Locksley said it was amazing and a really good game, I didnt buy it - I wrote about how poor I expected it to be on the forums and got slated for it. I was right in the end.
Really?

http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1854&hl=

Originally posted by sean43@ mar 12 2005
Yea the game is a lot better than I expected. A few stupid mistakes but it is very very good.

It does seem a bit odd that the game is complete, and potentially releasing in acouple of weeks and we havent seen a single snippet of footage.

Did locksley really say Rugby 04 was good??!!

Sorry to double post but I just noticed your detective work captain America!! thats pretty funny!
Sean 43, it looks like you got snapped telling porks!!!
Remember!!! those old posts can come back and bite you on the arse!!!

lol excellent detective work their captain. and yes the lack of actual gameplay footage is a bit of a problem but not unexecpted due to the problems with publishers. Hopefully some screenshots or something will come out soon. At least we know whats in the game thanks to the awesome swordfish guys Trev & Ian for the info they gave and also for letting locksely & friends playtest the game.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 26 2005, 07:16 PM
Did locksley really say Rugby 04 was good??!!
No, he didn't, that's a complete lie.

Locks played it.

"You're all going to be let down by this", he said.

"You're going over the top!" said the forum.

Knowsleyroader played it:

"You're all going to be let down by this", he said.

"You're going over the top too!" said the forum.

I played it.

"You're all going to be let down by this", I said.

"You're going over the top too; you just don't like EA!" said the forum.

Needless to say, we enjoyed saying "I told you so."

<
<
<

KPMG AUDITOR CAPTIAN AMERICA

<
<
<

Begorne........................Sean................begorne!!!!!!!!!!!
<

Jeez, what was he thinking, I bet he wont show his face in this thread again anytime soon!! Let us all learn from seans downfall, there just may be a detective on the case!

Its easy enough to access a complete lists of all your posts on the forum and avoid making a fool out of yourself. Jeez, I think I may hav done it a couple if times and no one noticed
<

Actually Locks did say Rugby 2004 was good when he first played it, obviously no one remembers "I have played the rugby 2004 demo and it ROCKS!" But to be fair, in time he did resolve that the game was pants and subsequently warned us away from it.

I still stand by Locksleys information however, and trust his judgement on rugby games, plus sean43 has been negative before all the releases thus far.

Personally I rely on locksley

So far he has been correct in everything

Rugby 2004 was ok at first then sucked, and he said that, after the demo
WCR - at the time was better than rugby 2004, thus the best rugby game on the market
Rugby2005 - still playable in multiplayer and a decent rugby game none the less, its just lacks that JLR fun/random factor!
RC2006 - Info is promising, and personally, I find WCR the best kicking game, and if it didnt have the big hit fest, would rule the roost of the rugby games, thus all news on RC2006 IMO points to JLR on next gen....which is what WCR was meant to be.
Does seem EA and Swordfish needed the 2nd edition to get the ball rolling.
Swordsfishes effort with BLIC, and the fact they have won developing awards recently suggests RC2006 will prevail, for me personally

Originally posted by Los Lover@Oct 27 2005, 04:14 PM
Trev and Ian have been great? well I guess you could see it that way....it's all semantics as I always say.......Cos I could say the two of them have really revealed sweet f*** all while advertising their game to a captive audience completely free of charge.
Well, they have infact provided us with (i think) sufficent info about the game... and I would like to point out your ignorance! We have been told time and time again - Trev and Ian are not in a position to advertise the game (i.e. provide us with screens and movies) the time may or may not come, but it is in the power of Hip Games/Ubisoft (if i am not mistaken).

Originally posted by Los Lover@Oct 27 2005, 04:14 PM
Trev and Ian have been great? well I guess you could see it that way....it's all semantics as I always say.......Cos I could say the two of them have really revealed sweet f*** all while advertising their game to a captive audience completely free of charge.
.....so what do you think swordfish have sponsored this forum with??, confetti from a Los lover essay??

Some people continue to bark up the wrong tree with these game developers...........both swordfish and Sidhe have said that they have finished all that they need to do on the games and it is now in the hands of other parties when (and if) the games are released......

.....in addition to that these developers have confidentiality agreements that limit what they can now say. Also because the games "fate" is now in the hands of another company they too are awaiting (like us) a confirmed release date.

Have a go at the "HES's" of the world if you want, at least you are attacking the problem (if there is one). Take what you want from the fact that the games are finished but release times still seem somewhat far off........

Developers should be given their dues for fronting up and answering questions (unlike HB studios) and actually taking ideas away to improve their games. They instead get abused by a "few" people for doing just that. Same happened on Codies website, Sidhes website etc.

As for Locks, I too have faith in what he tells us - I just wish he spent as much time posting as he used to on here.

Los, to be honest I don't see why you quoted my post, I can't find much relevance to what I said. I certainly didn't say anything about Rugby 2005, which for the record I still play occasionally, and don't recall doing anything to call your arrogant coments to the fore (as entertaining as they are).

While I agree that it's odd and slightly suspicious that RC2006, supposedly being released soon, has not been showed off in any manner other than a few screenshots, I don't think this means the game will be crap. I also think judging this soon is probably unfair when all comments about the game have been nothing but positive, it's as though you're deliberatly trying to get under Trev and Ians skins, why I don't know.

In relation to Locksley and his information, I also regard it very highly, I only felt it necessary to correct the fact that he indeed said the Rugby 2004 demo was good.

Why is he trying to get under Tev and Ian's skin? well the answer is simple... he is attempting to halve their sales. Obviously he'll be wrong in thinking his attempt will be successful.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Oct 27 2005, 04:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Oct 27 2005, 04:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Hypnotised
@Oct 27 2005, 04:34 PM
Actually Locks did say Rugby 2004 was good when he first played it, obviously no one remembers "I have played the rugby 2004 demo and it ROCKS!" But to be fair, in time he did resolve that the game was pants and subsequently warned us away from it.

I still stand by Locksleys information however, and trust his judgement on rugby games, plus sean43 has been negative before all the releases thus far.
rugby 2005 is a great game - you just have to be great at it to enjoy it and have opposition that is almost ridiculously awesome. Both things take time - like a fine wine, anyone who bagged the game quickly...never actually played it the way it was supposed to be, developed a pallette for it and then earned the right to love it and call it a favourite sports sim.
[/b]
Rugby 2005 is not a great game, it is at best a decent game... it still felt like a cop out to me that was released before it was actually finished... And you know I'm right Los. Would a game that has truly been completed have no offloads (scrapped because they had trouble implementing them), weather that can't be alter from stadium to stadium and a Lions tour that is only playable from the Lions side? No, it would not have been, but EA was eager to cash in and that ended the argument.

The game is also just so mind numbingly EASY! On Hard I have gone through the S12 and won it with all 3 Australian teams and I only conceded 1 try on hard through ALL 3 TOURNAMENTS, and that was when I was the reds... The tackle animations start so early, alot of the time, that your control of your player is taken away before you've even made contact with the defender! Even still I score an average of 3-4 tries a half on 5 minute half settings.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
No gameplay footage (regardless of whatever reason you have been distracted by or smacked around the head and srupefied with) - means SHITHOUSE. I hope I'm wrong I honestly do..[/b]
Which game didn't have gameplay footage? Rugby 2004 certainly had a fair bit, WCR had some, and so did RL1 and now RL2... All of them from memory have had gameplay footage released, so I'm not sure what you're talking about...

i believe he is talking about RC2006 (which incidentally is related to this topic), but there has been screenshots and i believe sufficent info. He is blaming Swordfish for something that is beyond their control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts