• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

November 2015 Paris Attacks

Fair enough but I would rather be mates with Russia than America, America is the country that starts most of the **** that we end up getting mixed up in and it stretches back to Bush senior and laterally the Junior Bush.
Turkey are looking to join the EU, why would we allow a muslim country in to the European Union, far better to let Russia join, they are more akin with us than Turks, yes I know I'm probably going a little off topic. However my point is we should have more in common with Russia than America and I feel I do.

So they're not allowed to join because they're muslim? A moderate Muslim country who have been our NATO allies for years? Or we should let Russia join, the country that has aggressively annexed areas from not one, but two of its neighbors in recent years? The country that also regularly sends bombers close to our airspace just to show off their military might?

I know which one I'd choose...

Anyway, couple of people painting Islam with a pretty damn broad brush. Plenty of moderate Muslim countries out here!

Same cliched garbage we get from politicians. It's meaningless pap.

Tell me which politician has the balls to come out with comments like that.

- - - Updated - - -

So they're not allowed to join because they're muslim? A moderate Muslim country who have been our NATO allies for years? Or we should let Russia join, the country that has aggressively annexed areas from not one, but two of its neighbors in recent years? The country that also regularly sends bombers close to our airspace just to show off their military might?

I know which one I'd choose...

Anyway, couple of people painting Islam with a pretty damn broad brush. Plenty of moderate Muslim countries out here!

Its a pity we aren't more like Russia they take no **** and keep their values and traditions intact, our values and traditions have been watered down so much in the last 30 years that they have become unrecognisable, this country is close to being finished far to many left wing ideas, we are now developing into a country full of idle scroungers who think they are allowed a living, this mixed with the fact we are top heavy with immigrants of which large numbers are given accommodation and a free pass to the benefit queue, sham marriages, increased crime etc etc

Its a pity we aren't more like Russia they take no **** and keep their values and traditions intact, our values and traditions have been watered down so much in the last 30 years that they have become unrecognisable, this country is close to being finished far to many left wing ideas, we are now developing into a country full of idle scroungers who think they are allowed a living, this mixed with the fact we are top heavy with immigrants of which large numbers are given accommodation and a free pass to the benefit queue, sham marriages, increased crime etc etc

Still didn't answer my question... What's wrong with Turkey joining the EU?

Well Russia is run by a bloody dictator in all but name, with a incredibly eerie cult surrounding him.

What "values and traditions" have been watered down in the last 30 years? UKIP, BNP, EDL etc. are always coming out with right wing drivel like that, it's so general and non-specific that it really doesn't make sense!

Also too many "left wing ideas"? You mean the same left wing ideas that gave us the NHS, Trade Unions, Workers Rights etc.? All of which are under threat from our center-right government?

Also you do realize that not that much is spent on benefits, especially when compared to State Pensions and stuff like that?

The idea that immigrants are handed everything they need on a platter is flawed as well, especially considering the majority of non-EEA Nationalities have restrictions on them when it comes to what "public funds" (job seekers allowance, tax credits, etc.) they can access. Read somewhere that in February 2014, only 7.7% of working age claimers of out of work benefits were non UK nationals. Not that many overall...

Either way, there's not that much evidence that immigrants are flocking to the UK to take advantage of our welfare system, at least not in significant numbers anyway as the majority are ineligible! Most EU immigrants generally come here to work (as is their right) as well.

Still didn't answer my question... What's wrong with Turkey joining the EU?

Well Russia is run by a bloody dictator in all but name, with a incredibly eerie cult surrounding him.

What "values and traditions" have been watered down in the last 30 years? UKIP, BNP, EDL etc. are always coming out with right wing drivel like that, it's so general and non-specific that it really doesn't make sense!

Also too many "left wing ideas"? You mean the same left wing ideas that gave us the NHS, Trade Unions, Workers Rights etc.? All of which are under threat from our center-right government?

Also you do realize that not that much is spent on benefits, especially when compared to State Pensions and stuff like that?

The idea that immigrants are handed everything they need on a platter is flawed as well, especially considering the majority of non-EEA Nationalities have restrictions on them when it comes to what "public funds" (job seekers allowance, tax credits, etc.) they can access. Read somewhere that in February 2014, only 7.7% of working age claimers of out of work benefits were non UK nationals. Not that many overall...

Either way, there's not that much evidence that immigrants are flocking to the UK to take advantage of our welfare system, at least not in significant numbers anyway as the majority are ineligible! Most EU immigrants generally come here to work (as is their right) as well.

We can't trust Turkey they will change if allowed into the EU.
The lowering of standards started when we scrapped the cane in school and capital punishment, teachers have no control over unruly kids, i'm told that most schools don't even sing hymns in assembly, least it offends non Christians, Christmas is not properly celebrated in some schools and workplaces, if we moved to a country with a different faith we would have to adhere to that country's laws and traditions we are we so bloody soft ? Someone in the Black Country complained because the neighbour who lives across the street could see her pottery figures of pigs on the windowsill and the council made her remove them, how bloody ridiculous.
As far as benefits are concerned, there used to be a stigma attached to signing on an embarrassment, now we have 2nd and 3rd generations of scroungers people bringing kids up to expect hand outs, they shouldn't be allowed to have kids. Benefits should be earned anybody not working able to work should work in the community sweeping the streets, cleaning public toilets, keeping grave yards tidy etc if their dole is £100 then they should work 20 hours before they get paid.

The lowering of standards started when we scrapped the cane in school and capital punishment, teachers have no control over unruly kids, i'm told that most schools don't even sing hymns in assembly, least it offends non Christians, Christmas is not properly celebrated in some schools and workplaces, if we moved to a country with a different faith we would have to adhere to that country's laws and traditions we are we so bloody soft ? Someone in the Black Country complained because the neighbour who lives across the street could see her pottery figures of pigs on the windowsill and the council made her remove them, how bloody ridiculous.
As far as benefits are concerned, there used to be a stigma attached to signing on an embarrassment, now we have 2nd and 3rd generations of scroungers people bringing kids up to expect hand outs, they shouldn't be allowed to have kids. Benefits should be earned anybody not working able to work should work in the community sweeping the streets, cleaning public toilets, keeping grave yards tidy etc if their dole is £100 then they should work 20 hours before they get paid.

Crickey and thought I was right wing!!

Change from what?! Being Muslim? I don't get what you're on about? I mean whether or not they join the EU is up in the air still, but the fact that Islam is their national religion should not factor in!

Oh my god you might be the most backward thinking person on here! The cane and capital punishment (ironically the type of thing ISIS love) were abolished for good reason - they are barbaric practices!

Considering Christmas is currently plastered everywhere already, I'm definitely not seeing what you are :lol: nothing wrong with multi-cultural Britain anyway - we've always been like that, for hundreds of years! Definitely have never come across that type of stuff, not at my old school, or my friends schools (with larger number of non-Christians).

Stats disagree with you though, the amount of money being spent solely on people not working on job seekers etc. is not that much when compared to the bigger picture. Probably more tax / child credits going to people who are actually working, but struggling...

There are certainly people out there taking advantage of the system, but it is nowhere near as widespread as some politicians would have you think.

Haha 20 hours for £100 - while I'm not against people doing some sort of voluntary work while on job seekers, but that only amounts to a fiver an hour - less than the minimum wage, and even less than the living wage.

Stats disagree with you though?

Change from what?! Being Muslim? I don't get what you're on about? I mean whether or not they join the EU is up in the air still, but the fact that Islam is their national religion should not factor in!

Oh my god you might be the most backward thinking person on here! The cane and capital punishment (ironically the type of thing ISIS love) were abolished for good reason - they are barbaric practices!

Considering Christmas is currently plastered everywhere already, I'm definitely not seeing what you are :lol: nothing wrong with multi-cultural Britain anyway - we've always been like that, for hundreds of years! Definitely have never come across that type of stuff, not at my old school, or my friends schools (with larger number of non-Christians).

Stats disagree with you though, the amount of money being spent solely on people not working on job seekers etc. is not that much when compared to the bigger picture. Probably more tax / child credits going to people who are actually working, but struggling...

There are certainly people out there taking advantage of the system, but it is nowhere near as widespread as some politicians would have you think.

Haha 20 hours for £100 - while I'm not against people doing some sort of voluntary work while on job seekers, but that only amounts to a fiver an hour - less than the minimum wage, and even less than the living wage.

Stats disagree with you though?

If they want more than a fiver an hour then get a job.

What sort of Christmas should be celebrated in schools? The original Pagan festival or the apparent birth of 'Jesus' which actually occurred in Spring but was moved to December in order to get people to become Christians.

Or perhaps it is the Christmas of Coca-Cola you want to celebrate?

@cruz del sur,
Show me a thalys or eurostar train in paris u can enter without a ticket, and a train station in Paris wich u dont have 200 militaries and 50 civil cops since , idk, maybe 20 years.
On the opposite, from all other countries around, it is possible, it is a FACT that was greatly discussed after the attacks in Thalys earlier this year. I remind you that a dude came in the train at bruxelles again...
"Show you?" That's a ridiculous request. I told you, i've used Thalys from Centraal (Ams) to Gare du Nord (return trips, every time) extensively and i wasn't checked for a ticket every single time when i traveled from Paris to Ams. Most times yes, but absolutely not every time. It was busy, packed, i had my ticked, entered the train with the crowd while the guy checking was busy with someone else and didn't get checked till i was nearly in Amsterdam. I could have exited the train in Brussels without being checked at all.

Let me turn the tables to show you how ridiculous your request is: prove me that i was asked for a ticket every time i took the Thalys from Paris to Amsterdam/Brussels.

As i said, granted, the security is visibly more active on Gare du Nord than in Centraal/Brussels Station.

And again, i do not buy for a second that getting into France is the bottleneck here. It's nonsensical.
How on earth can the security at Brussels' train station be the issue here when you can literally walk from Belgium to France (at the time)?

Now, appart all this.
I am born in Paris, i live here ofc, and i really want to say that we all really appreciated here all support from earth, and especially england. Evidently, this will happen more and more, and at point , people will get tired of celebrations, homages, ligthning candles etc. But til we are not bored of this, its important, cos we in paris arent already really loved in france lol, so suddenly to feel all thsi love from all over the world was really really cool.
What is sure is that isis made us fall back on earth and reality pretty harshly, maybe history will say it was necessary, so at least the death will have meaning.
Russians already had 200 dead 2 weeks ago, lebanon, nigeria, etc too but it didnt bring so much compassion. Obviously a french death is pretty highly ranked in freeworld top50 of drama, it seems more important. We didnt do **** for russia here, or for other countries, and there are no difference between a death.
The reality stroke hard yes, we were a bit far from it. Thanks to all for support and love, cheers.
Thanks for posting this.

- - - Updated - - -

The lowering of standards started when we scrapped the cane in school and capital punishment, teachers have no control over unruly kids, i'm told that most schools don't even sing hymns in assembly, least it offends non Christians, Christmas is not properly celebrated in some schools and workplaces, if we moved to a country with a different faith we would have to adhere to that country's laws and traditions we are we so bloody soft ?
Maybe in Wales, but in Europe in General? ********.

I didn't know there are so many Muslims in Europe. There something like 5 millions in France and something like 12k ISIS supporters. In Saint Denis most of them are in favor of the attacks. So the French government has a thousand of potential terrorists in their country.

Is Saint Denis so dangerous like the Media says?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeE4Ux4t9Vw

I cant believe how misinformed some posters are on here are regarding Turkey and whats going on in Syria. Its plain to see they have been directly supporting ISIS from the beginning.

The world should be putting huge pressure on that country and asking tough questions! Their NATO membership at a minimum should be in question over this!!

What sort of Christmas should be celebrated in schools? The original Pagan festival or the apparent birth of 'Jesus' which actually occurred in Spring but was moved to December in order to get people to become Christians.

Or perhaps it is the Christmas of Coca-Cola you want to celebrate?

Bloody Christians nicked all the pagan festivals. Easter used to be a festival of furtility, Christmas was the winter solstace/Yule, they even tried to take over Halloween but failed. We were much happier as Pagans

Time to fight back!
569fd781696a0201d68a8755d75d292f.jpg

Latest posts