• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] Ireland vs. Australia (26/11/2016)

Chieka: He's big, he's strong, you're already picturing him aren't you?
*picturing Lopeti Timani*
Chieka: It's Dean Mumm.

I'm so over Hooper, he's too light to be an effective flanker IMO. Also Folau needs to be ****ed off back to league, 2 or 3 times on the weekend he bombed certain tries by trying to be a hero.

IMO, this is your best Loose forward combo

7 - Pocock
8 - Lopeti
6 - Fardy

Hooper on the bench
Mumm on bench (covers lock & loose forward)

PS: Drop Will Skelton. He's the Wallabies equivalent to the All Blacks' Troy Flavell; 140kg of useless walking penalty generator who will, sooner or later, do one of his acts of sheer stupidity that will get him red carded and cost you a match. Flavell was dumped because he wouldn't change his thuggish behaviour.

7 - Pocock
8 - Lopeti
6 - Fardy

Hooper on the bench

PS: Drop Will Skelton. He's the Wallabies equivalent to the All Blacks' Troy Flavell; 140kg of useless walking penalty generator who will, sooner or later, do one of his acts of sheer stupidity that will get him red carded and cost you a match. Flavell was dumped because he wouldn't change his thuggish behaviour.

You are right on all accounts, but Cheika will never drop Hooper to the bench. Fardy-Pocock-Timani is easily our best back row.

7 - Pocock
8 - Lopeti
6 - Fardy

Hooper on the bench

One of the rare times that I 100% agree with you.
Though I think Skelton is more a Sione Lauaki type. Big for nothing.

6. is the only position I'm not sold on. I enjoy watching Fardy play and Australia is really running low on a solid blindside players, Higginbotham was great for a few years, McCalman was great for a few games. My question is what does Matt Hodgson have to do to get another run, while he's not flashy he has been consistent for years I honestly think he's one of the toughest players around. Almost like a throw back to the David Croft toughness.

One of the rare times that I 100% agree with you.
Though I think Skelton is more a Sione Lauaki type. Big for nothing.

Now thats a good call. Troy Flavell was a really good player when he held his temper and was also genuinely scary to his opponents and I don't see anything scary about Skelton other than he might fall on you after tripping over his own feet.

Sione Lauaki was a monster that appeared off the shore like a Tsunami but ended up little more than a beached whale.
Good call.

6 is the only position I'm not sold on. I enjoy watching Fardy play and Australia is really running low on a solid blindside players, Higginbotham was great for a few years, McCalman was great for a few games. My question is what does Matt Hodgson have to do to get another run, while he's not flashy he has been consistent for years I honestly think he's one of the toughest players around. Almost like a throw back to the David Croft toughness.

David Croft, bloody hell, I haven't heard that name in a while. Yeah he was a real competitor. I like McCalman but he can't seem to get a regular run and when he does he's under so much pressure to do everything well because he doesn't know if it will be a year before he gets another shot.
Matt Hodgson? Maybe. Perhaps not the ideal time to throw him in the deep end.

I've always been a big fan of McMahon, do others not share the same opinion?

McMahon is a beast and as a Rebels fan I think he's awesome, punches above his weight but is on the light side. We need a bit hefty backrow against England and a hard lock to counter Itoje.

McMahon is a beast and as a Rebels fan I think he's awesome, punches above his weight but is on the light side. We need a bit hefty backrow against England and a hard lock to counter Itoje.

Why??? Itoje is injured

Latest posts