• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NPC Final 2005 - Auckland vs Otago

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

<

Auckland look in superb form after destroying harbour last night. one worrying thing was bit of lapse in the second half but I am sure they were just easing off a bit and they won in the end anyway. Otago will have to produce something special to beat Auckland next week. Auckland to win quite easily next week by at least 20 points if not more

If Otago play like they played vs Canty they will easily win. I'm loving the arrogance of the Auckland fans and can only hope the players are full of **** aswell.

We don't miss tackles like Harbour did

We have a forward pack that can dominate Aucklands

We have loosies that have the ability to make turnovers

The one aspect of Aucklands play that can disrupt us is their unpredictable play, if they turn up and play the percentages we will win, because we have been playing that game all season and we know how to win with that and against it. But with their unpredictable play we might struggle.

Still Otago by 8.

we have we have we have...blah blah blah

so what?....we got rokocoko,muliaina and dougie howlett

all we need is lavea to continue from that game where the harbour forwards dominated....

eric get lost wellingtons not playing in the final....go conversate with some southland fans or taranakis fans or sumthin

this thread is for the teams fans hahahaha

auckland with the same confidence and form will win by 14!

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Oct 16 2005, 10:51 AM
If Otago play like they played vs Canty they will easily win. I'm loving the arrogance of the Auckland fans and can only hope the players are full of **** aswell.
that coming from a guy who said we would lose to Harbour...

If Auckland lose I will be the first to eat humble pie but I can't see it happening or otago coming close. Auckland has way too much class in the backs and has a superioer bench as well. Otago will cause trouble in the scrum thats one area where i think they have the edge over auckland. Auckland also don't have the tallest lineout which is another area Otago could attack. Auckland with ball in hand are just too dangerous and for Otago to win they win have to adpot the proffesional foul tactics Canterbury used or hope Auckland drop the ball everytime they touch the ball

I agree with that esoj, the Auckland backlines class will probably show against an Otago team based more aorund the fowards, and set peices. If Aucklands confidence is high enough they should be able to run away with the game.

However, if Otago get into a rythym and dominate possesion as the Cantabs did against them, they could be in for a rough night.

I'll say Auckland to win 28 - 13. And I am a Wellington fan. Not Auckland, for the record.

It would be stupid to underestimate our backline, and think that we are just a pack of forwards.

We have some very talented and underrated players in the backs, sure we don't have ten million all blacks out there but we have guys who the ability to step and do some very good things.

Horton is really the only defencesive weakness in the Otago backline. Scott Hamilton easily beat him twice to score and set up two tries and one on one with any other the Auckland backs (bar Lavea) he will get beat. However I think the Otago defence structure doesn't put him in situations where he has to make these tackles apart from at scrum time.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Oct 16 2005, 03:48 PM
Horton is really the only defencesive weakness in the Otago backline. Scott Hamilton easily beat him twice to score and set up two tries and one on one with any other the Auckland backs (bar Lavea) he will get beat. However I think the Otago defence structure doesn't put him in situations where he has to make these tackles apart from at scrum time.
I agree, but really, when you're defending 10-20 metres out from your line, especially against Canterbury, you're not going to stop them by sliding across your line. They really should have tried to meet them at least. Those three tries were very soft, and really one of the only things that really needs to be fixed before this weekend. Naturally, I'm going for the underdog again, and I really do think they can pull it off.

Another reason why we will win, is that we are due.

It was seven eyars between our first two ***les with the first in 91 and the second in 98, so seven eyars later we are in the final again. So you can't stop fate
<

Originally posted by Southern man@Oct 16 2005, 09:07 PM
Another reason why we will win, is that we are due.

It was seven eyars between our first two ***les with the first in 91 and the second in 98, so seven eyars later we are in the final again. So you can't stop fate
<
That's a very, very good point....

*cough*

Otago by 5.

Otago 27-22 Auckland

Otago 15-3 HT

Auckland:
Kaino, Williams, Lavea tries, Ward (2)conv, Ward pen.

Otago:
Saunders, Hayman, Smylie tries, Evans (3) conv, Evans (2) pen.

You heard it here first...

McAlister?

Also this game will be redemption from ten years ago when Colin Hawke cheated us out of victory when he gave Auckland a penalty try from a five metre scrum. Same opponent, same ground ten years later. But atleast there will be no Hawke this time.

Originally posted by Southern man@Oct 16 2005, 09:32 PM
McAlister?
Damn it, I pulled out a Los Lover!!! >_<

I'll fix it...

[EDIT] done.

...How embarassing. Ironically, I was one of the main guys that gave Los stick for that too...
<

where is los anyway you think with auckland in the final he would be firing on all cylinders.

here is the mighty Auckland team to take the npc ***le again.

Auckland:
Brent Ward, Doug Howlett, Mils Muliaina, Isa Nacewa, Joe Rokocoko, Tasesa Lavea, Steve Devine, Jerome Kaino, Daniel Braid, Justin Collins (captain), Ali Williams, Angus Macdonald, John Afoa, Keven Mealamu, Saimone Taumoepeau.

Reserves (one to be omitted):
John Fonokolafi, Nick White, Kurtis Haiu, Brad Mika, Taniela Moa, Sam Tuitupou, Ben Atiga, Tony Koonwaiyou.

i feel for tony koonwaiyou man..he has had an excellent season and rokopops comes outta no where...

all good tho...tonys only like 22

otago team to get whipped by Auckland

Otago: 15. Craig Clare, 14. Glen Horton, 13. Neil Brew, 12. Seilala Mapusua, 11. Matt Saunders, 10. Nick Evans, 9. Chris Smylie, 8. Grant Webb, 7. Josh Blackie, 6. Craig Newby (capt), 5. James Ryan, 4. Tom Donnelly, 3. Carl Hayman, 2. Anton Oliver, 1. Chris King. Res: Jason Macdonald, Grant Polson, Filipo Levi, Alando Soakai, Toby Morland, Ryan Bambry, Jason Shoemark.

Latest posts