• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NRFL Combine in United States Ready to Roll on April 5-6th

I'm guessing it's cus "union" doesn't always have positive connotations here either.

I think they should have just said rugby, if only to watch the leaguies lose their **** over it....

I'm guessing it's cus "union" doesn't always have positive connotations here either.

I think they should have just said rugby, if only to watch the leaguies lose their **** over it....

LOL, in that context if they still called it Union fans will go to the game expecting players to randomly take breaks, complain about having to do anything on the field that doesn't fit their EXACT role. Get paid for not showing up, not get compensated on contributions to the team but on seniority. While the ownership gradually automates the players or subcontracts the roster to China.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Idk, tossing a possibility out there. Not a whole lot of what they do makes a ton of sense all the time. I hope they drop the "RuXV", it seems corny. Kinda of 90's ish? Xtreme rugby!

Union has negative connotations in the current American vernacular. League is easily understood. RuXV is the designation to rescue those who get caught up in the weeds over how a thing is named.

Why is the name of this thing an issue? Once you SEE the end product, you'll know the difference, right?

Why is the name of this thing an issue? Once you SEE the end product, you'll know the difference, right?

Yeah, but we're internet enthusiasts :p There's enough time between now and launch for us to ***** about every little aspect we want to!

And once it get here, who cares? I'll have some pro, (hopefully local) rugby to watch!

Willis McGahee's declaration of intent to participate in the combine was highly touted. Did he not make the cut, not go to the combine or not come to a contract agreement with the organizers?

Willis McGahee's declaration of intent to participate in the combine was highly touted. Did he not make the cut, not go to the combine or not come to a contract agreement with the organizers?
McGahee did not show. He was on the list of confirmed invitees. Many think his stunt with Schefter to be similar to what Clarett did with Tiger Rugby a cpl yrs ago, just in the news for narcissistic value.

Unfortunate.

Not that most people care, but this fellow had the quickest 40yd time and the best vertical ta the LA Combine

Interview with Michael Ray Garvin

Watched it very interesting.

I was especially fascinated by the semi-opposed footage, they players looked quite comfortable with the movement and the motion of passing - if a little unskilled.

How many trainign sessions do these guys do, clearly it's not a daily thing, is it two three a week, or are we not at that stage of upskilling yet?

Watched it very interesting.

I was especially fascinated by the semi-opposed footage, they players looked quite comfortable with the movement and the motion of passing - if a little unskilled.

How many trainign sessions do these guys do, clearly it's not a daily thing, is it two three a week, or are we not at that stage of upskilling yet?

The video you saw of the players running opposed lines was, with the exception of the Polynesians in the video, the players' first time touching a rugby ball in an opposed situation.

The video you saw of the players running opposed lines was, with the exception of the Polynesians in the video, the players' first time touching a rugby ball in an opposed situation.

Grant

Just seen an interesting comment on another youtube video about the NRFL which suggested the Seahawks brought in some rugby coaches\players to help with tackling techniques, apparently there is a mini documentary on the subject?

I would like to think that this contributed to the no.1 defense in the NFL and the Legion of Boom.

Grant

Just seen an interesting comment on another youtube video about the NRFL which suggested the Seahawks brought in some rugby coaches\players to help with tackling techniques, apparently there is a mini documentary on the subject?

I would like to think that this contributed to the no.1 defense in the NFL and the Legion of Boom.

I posted it on here recently. It's very interesting to see the drills they used.

America might think it has the best athletes but wait till they play against Jordan Crane in the summer, might open the eyes of some Americans in terms of what a true athlete is.

America might think it has the best athletes but wait till they play against Jordan Crane in the summer, might open the eyes of some Americans in terms of what a true athlete is.

Aye, Crane is a true specimen.

What percent of the NRFL premise do you honestly think this will entail? My guess (and I stress that this is a guess) is less than 10%.

From some information I've received lately, I think the NRFL will exceed our expectations. I am beginning to think that they will exceed their expectations...
Hey Captain Neg-Rep, yes you, Grant A Cole, why should I ever answer you? You beg-ripped me because you don't like my response to an ongoing conversation that is topical to American club rugby? Pfffffft!

Hey Captain Neg-Rep, yes you, Grant A Cole, why should I ever answer you? You beg-ripped me because you don't like my response to an ongoing conversation that is topical to American club rugby? Pfffffft!

You posted a comment about possible professional rugby in the US in a thread about USA club rugby. Your post was material to this thread, but not to the club rugby thread. Your post, which I did enjoy and appreciate, just needed to be in the correct thread to ferment proper discussion.

Your post was material to this thread...
original.jpg
Hence my epic displeasure with a Negative Reputation for something that was relevant to the discussion.
Tangents and digression aren't banned here.