• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NRL GRAND FINAL! Broncos vs Storm

I reall enjoyed this game i had been waiting all week to see, My flat mate is a huge broncos fan he sat there wearing his broncos jersey and all.

Goo to see they could give Shane Webcke the send off he deserves a shame he didn't score a try as well but at least he got the main one that counts.

GOOD ON YOU BRONCOS :cheers: :bravo:

Great finish for Webke, and there was some true brilliance from the Broncos, but in all seriousness I don't think I've ever seen a worse, more biased refereeing display in a Grand Final... I just watched the NRL on FOX post match analysis and they definitively illustrate some astonishing and embarrassing mistakes that will make every Melbourne fan feel justifiably robbed.

<div align="center">
masthead_home.jpg
</div>
Firstly, I was suprised that Setanta Sports NA decided to carry the NRL Grand Final, seeing as they hadn't shown any of the season. I've watched a little RL (mainly the few games from the Super League), but was pretty excited to see this match. It was a great game, hard fought, and I can see the appeal of League. I was pulling for the Broncos, as they are one of the few teams that I'm familiar with and I don't think you could help but to feel pride for Webcke. That dude was hitting hard and running the ball hard till the final whistle...yelling at his teamates to keep their head in the game during the last few minutes.
This game really tied me in to Aussie League...Brilliant.

Ima bit late but better late then never.

Eh congrats to Brisbane..

Hmm the ref was abit of a ******** as Matt King would say..which imo he was right..the ref made some totally wrong calls that changed the game..but Brisbane still played well.

:ph34r:

Hmm the ref was abit of a ******** as Matt King would say..which imo he was right..the ref made some totally wrong calls that changed the game..but Brisbane still played well.

[/b]

Brisbane did play well, but at the end of the day it was 2 tries a peice and considering (as Laurie Daley said on NRL on FOX) Melbourne not only didn't get a single 50/50 call go their way all night, but also copped a heck of a lot of calls that were just plain wrong, it really did tip the balance for Brisbane...

Just got round to seeing the game today, taped it last Sunday. Melbourne were very, very unlucky, not a single 50/50 call went their way, but that's life, that's rugby sadly. I would be incredibly bitter.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Brisbane did play well, but at the end of the day it was 2 tries a peice and considering (as Laurie Daley said on NRL on FOX) Melbourne not only didn't get a single 50/50 call go their way all night, but also copped a heck of a lot of calls that were just plain wrong, it really did tip the balance for Brisbane...
[/b][/quote]
Yeah I really didnt like the way the officials handled everything. And I really don't blame Matt King for calling Paul Simpkins a ********..lol.

Eh i'm over it..was over it when the game ended..it wasnt the Bulldogs in the GF so what do I care? :p

I was really quite gutted for David Kidwell though..hes 1 of my 3 fav Storm players..I wanted him to leave them on a high dammit!!

Latest posts