• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ Fans Warned

Interesting question- if NZ wins the RWC, the NZ economy will probably lose billions, as the entire nation collectively celebrates the win, and you`ll have exactly 5 people in NZ turning up for work on the Monday afterwards- and even they will be severely hung over.

If NZ doesn`t win the RWC, the NZ economy will probably lose billions, as the entire nation collectively drowns their sorrows, and you`ll have exactly 5 people in NZ turning up for work on the Monday- and even they will be severely hung over.

So, which scenario will the economists prefer?
[/b]

HaHa - I actually want NZ to win-thats if they are still the best in 4 years-I didn't want SA to play the pommies in the final-that was too easy-Now if it was against NZ and if we'd won it would have felt so much better and would've been like '95. NZ have to win in 2011 (or australia - i'm immigrating there end of next year haha)....But ultimately though we can all wish for NZ to win-inevitably the boks will take it and be there first to have won it thrice hehehe

Interesting question- if NZ wins the RWC, the NZ economy will probably lose billions, as the entire nation collectively celebrates the win, and you`ll have exactly 5 people in NZ turning up for work on the Monday afterwards- and even they will be severely hung over. If NZ doesn`t win the RWC, the NZ economy will probably lose billions, as the entire nation collectively drowns their sorrows, and you`ll have exactly 5 people in NZ turning up for work on the Monday- and even they will be severely hung over. So, which scenario will the economists prefer?[/b]
Difficult to quantify the actual value of a successful runout from an international team. The general feelgood factor that would be associated with a tournament win can impact on the entire society.

It sounds daft, but there are a series of economists that frequently point to the Irish football teams relative success (for us) from '88 - '92 as a contributing factor to starting the Celtic Tiger economy. Everyone suddenly had something in common again, and there was a massive feelgood factor in Ireland for 3-6 months as a result.

Latest posts