• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ Release!!

N

nui1stxv

Have just picked up a copy from EB Games, in Westfield, Lower Hutt!! Haven't played yet as i just got home and thought i'll tell all NZers it's out now. Im goin now to play, and then ill post a real, kiwi ruggerfanatics, view of this Nthern Hemisphere dominated game. Give me a few hours, or you could just wait till 2moro, and play it yourself??

But if not, ill have a gud thrash 2nite, as im off work 2moro, got the NZ sevens!!!!, what a weekend coming up. RC2006, beer, sevens, beer, boobs, beer, little more sevens, then probly another beer!!!!
<

Originally posted by nui1stxv@Feb 2 2006, 04:53 PM
Have just picked up a copy from EB Games, in Westfield, Lower Hutt!! Haven't played yet as i just got home and thought i'll tell all NZers it's out now. Im goin now to play, and then ill post a real, kiwi ruggerfanatics, view of this Nthern Hemisphere dominated game. Give me a few hours, or you could just wait till 2moro, and play it yourself??

But if not, ill have a gud thrash 2nite, as im off work 2moro, got the NZ sevens!!!!, what a weekend coming up. RC2006, beer, sevens, beer, boobs, beer, little more sevens, then probly another beer!!!!
<
<

have boobs last - you can then dedicate more time to then....you might get some pop balls action that works...um.....effectively....?

<

lol true sevens are on this weekend aye. I think it might be on tv could be good to watch. as for rc2006 well if you can affored to get it and ea06 when it comes out then go for it. will be good to hear another down under view of the game

Thanks for your input Los Lover.

My order has been shipped from GPStore. Hoorah.

Okay!!!!! How long has it been??
1st impressions u ask?? well..................... I dont no!!

Good Points:
- the big man is in the Cardiff Blues!!Lomu of corse
- ummmmmmmmmm
- uummmmmmmmmm
- ummmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Nah i dont know really. I have to be brutally honest and say im actually finding myself getting bord!!. But hey, is it to quik to tell??only time will tell. When you first play the game, you are probly gonna be abit disappointed, but hey i got alnite to really give it a good blast. I was planning on not removing myself from my room for a good few hours, but hey how long has it been?

But saying that, ive played it on normal difficulty, Cardiff Blues vs Bath. Nice kits. Very detailed. Had a few good things. The offloads look impressive, but seem like they happen only a few times, but when they do work, its pretty cool. Crowd attendance looks like it depends on the teams playing, as i played at millenium stadium, and wasnt to many there!! Fends work, but as with the offloads, seem very few and far between.

Bad Points:
-they still have that stupid tackle where they just stop on the spot, and you get spear tackled
-very repetitive!!ruck, pass, tackle, ruck, pass, pass, fend, pass, ruck........
-find that you will be scoring trys by just spinning it out
-doesnt feel like theres any atmosphere when playing. crowd dont really get into the game, besides the "sweet chariot" popping in now and then
-just doesnt hold your attention.

But hey ive just dipped into a game that looks like it has potential, and probly with more playtime, ill have a better view of this game. Well im dam well hope so!!!!
<

to be honest, the game gets crapper and crapper everytime you play

well to me it does

it is not everyones cup of tea that is for sure. and I think most shers will be let down by this game. the key for this game to last in the long run will be the ability to edit it. look forward to hearing more reviews especially from people in nz and aus in the next few days

dont say that!!
<
well in goin bak to play. or am I???????............................................................
<

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 2 2006, 05:48 PM
it is not everyones cup of tea that is for sure. and I think most shers will be let down by this game. the key for this game to last in the long run will be the ability to edit it. look forward to hearing more reviews especially from people in nz and aus in the next few days
what else do you wanna know esoj?

Originally posted by JJ-@Feb 2 2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks for your input Los Lover.

My order has been shipped from GPStore. Hoorah.
gpstore? that's my store too! yeah it's awesome, trliable...although customer services and gone downhill a little bit - it's still good.

when I get back from Raglan on sunday, if video ezy still doesn't have it (checked tonight when down there) then - I will kill the daft ***** who works there (verbally - ak style!!)....only his vicious attitude (maybe even worse! lol!) will be due for her...she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO USELESS!!

haha! whoops will delete if off topic...oh, no good I'm alright on this one. phew!

<
<

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 2 2006, 06:48 PM
although that is absolutely disgraceful...

ironically, I think the gameplay is an even BIGGER crime still....I won't repeat myself as I have already kicked ass from here to Tienimen Square...so no point.

But really, you know that concession will eventually come from AK..

ya....just.....KNOW IT!!!

give it up!!

my predictions are not restricted to real sport and scorelines etc....

<
<
<

Originally posted by Paddy+Feb 2 2006, 07:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Paddy @ Feb 2 2006, 07:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Feb 2 2006, 05:48 PM
what else do you wanna know esoj? [/b]
things like tri nations what the format is like things like that.

I guess maybe team rankings for the super 14 or whatever it is called.

I know Los this is a bit of a lemon already and it's only just come out as well
<

but I need as much info as I can as unlike you i do not have the luxury of using a console to test it out on.

Originally posted by esoj+Feb 2 2006, 07:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Feb 2 2006, 07:48 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Paddy@Feb 2 2006, 07:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Feb 2 2006, 05:48 PM

what else do you wanna know esoj?
things like tri nations what the format is like things like that.

I guess maybe team rankings for the super 14 or whatever it is called.

I know Los this is a bit of a lemon already and it's only just come out as well
<

but I need as much info as I can as unlike you i do not have the luxury of using a console to test it out on. [/b]
<

understood bro....

laters

<

cya tomorrow dude although maybe not. sevens are on ch 1 from like 12:30 until 6pm and my computer is downstairs while the tv is upstairs.

will tomorrow we should have more info from fellow kiwis about the game hopefully

<
<
<

that pretty much describes RC2006 for me.I highly recommend you rent this one before you buy, unlike me who walked into EB Games, got excited, bought it, then got totally, and utterly dissappointed. Yip, im not joking.

The problems:
-way to repetitive, i mean honestly, its just ruck, get tackled, ruck, pass, get tackled, ruck, pass, get tackled.......... so on, and so on.
-AI sucks!! the AI pass straight out the backline. and i mean strait out. Left, then right, then back again.
<

-tackle animations suck!!so jerky
-gameplay just seems like WCR, but with this stupid ugly break tackle. It just looks plain ugly!! Seriously its like your running then you just stop in a standing tackle, then all of a sudden your off again!!
<
Just think WCR, with offloads, which if used in the right situation, may look gud, but more often then not it goes to ground, or gets intercepted.
-i just finished playing a Tri Nations game, and honestly it felt like i was playing rugby league!! I buy a rugby game to have the feeling of non-stop play, not stop, start, stop, start crap!!
<

i just cant describe how dissapointed i am in this game. I have switched it off!! Which is sad, coz i took 2moro off coz i had the game and thought ill be up all night, and goin into the weee small hours!! But im not. I wud rather play 05 at the mo. Why o why!!
<
<

Roll on 06!!

But if anyone has any Q's, dont hesitate!!
<

take it back tomorrow morning
<
you have 7 days with that to take it back. that is why i ordered it and will take it back if i dont like it.

then the money can go on eas game

sucky thing for me is it was out on xbox and ps2 but not pc today
<

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 2 2006, 08:54 PM
take it back tomorrow morning
<
you have 7 days with that to take it back. that is why i ordered it and will take it back if i dont like it.

then the money can go on eas game

sucky thing for me is it was out on xbox and ps2 but not pc today
<
i no i shud take it back, but it being a rugby game, i just cant!! dont no y, but when i dont have it, i no ill wonder,"wat was .............. like?? wish i still had it", crazy i no, but just cant.
<
<

Originally posted by Los Lover+Feb 2 2006, 03:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Feb 2 2006, 03:56 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-nui1stxv
@Feb 2 2006, 04:53 PM

<
<

have boobs last - you can then dedicate more time to then....you might get some pop balls action that works...um.....effectively....?

<
[/b]
Yeah, but he'll be f***ed off his face.

...I'm pooping into Video Ezy tomorrow (still going on my try before I buy policy) to see if they have it.

They probably won't because they're a useless sack of **** store with around 30 games to choose from for 10 bucks overnight and no 3 dollar tuesdays...

Latest posts