• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ want a double header @ Chicago next November with Ireland.

Am sure with Ireland's RWC bid in mind the IRFU could be made amenable to such a venture and why not.
This can't be overlooked. We all know horse trading goes on when it comes to looking for votes to host a World Cup. The IRFU help promote the game in the USA (likely outside the test window so they don't lose a home gate) via a fixture versus New Zealand and in return want to be looked upon favourably when the 2023 World Cup host is being voted on.

All nations are consumed by self interest. If the IRFU agree to the fixture, it's because they expect to get something big out of it. New Zealand won't be doing it for the love of growing the game, they'll be doing it for the money. It just so happens that the self interest of these tier 1 nations blend well with growing awareness of the sport in North America.

2 test series in November with NZ would be fun! **** it I'm onboard!

Probably a good idea to give their pro league a push, which just has been announced to start in April.

+1

There'll be brown envelopes containing votes passed around.

Sort of a "gentleman's" corruption which, obviously, is totally different to Kuwait and Russia getting the football WC?

Sort of a "gentleman's" corruption which, obviously, is totally different to Kuwait and Russia getting the football WC?

No different* - and not something I'd support - the WC should go to whoever is best placed to deliver the best WC for the sport.

*But I'm not naive enough to think it won't happen.

[TEXTAREA]The Irish Times are reporting that Ireland will take on the World Cup winners in Chicago's Soldier Field on November 5th. A match against an as yet unnamed Tier 2 nation will take place the following Saturday in the Aviva before the All Blacks come to Dublin on November 19th.[/TEXTAREA]

A two match series... told ya!