• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Oblivion IV (The Elder Scrolls)

G

Gay-Guy

Can anyone tell me how they find this game????? My mouth is watering just reading and hearing about it from reviews.........

....I thought it was third person RPG so I wasn't really interested.....but when I realised that it was First person mutilation.....I nearly wet myself!!!!!

It sucks.

Nah, it's freaking cool as. I actually haven't a clue what it's about too much. Some dead emporer and a son... I've just been exploring. Nothing else really. Nothing important anyway.

It is a RPG, but not a typical one really. You can play in first or third person. I prefer first person myself. But you can switch between the two at anytime with a simple click of the right thumbstick.
It is a massive game. From memory it's something like 14,058,000,000 miles long or something, and at least twice that distance wide. You can swim/run/ride your way across the map going absolutely anywhere and visiting a whole heap of buildings/villages/towns. It's sheer scope is enough to make you fall in love with this game.
The sheer scope is all I know about it, and I'm head over heals...

I've come to a part where i'm stuck, i went through the Oblivion gate to try and shut it and help some guys out ,but i keep getting my arse kicked in that tower.

The Emporer's son wont come out of the church until i secure the area and i cant fight for **** ...... so i'm in a bit of a pickle.

Just to back up what everyone else is saying........this game rocks!......im not at all into all the hobits and goblin stuff but there's so much more to the game then that and the size of the game is so overwhelming.

Exactly right, rpg style games arent normally for everyone, but this is a level of gaming never expierienced before, and i think everyone will find something special here.

I ride my horse in 3rd person, walk around outside in third person, and fight and explore dungeons in first person.

I still havent started the main quests, am having way to much fun with guilds and exploring.

Anyone else had a brush with vampirism yet?

Gay guy, do you hav a 360 already?

the games overall size is mind blowing

like u cannot somprehend how big it is

i finished the bro-hood quests last night

its now my business earning me $$$

Did u manage to kill the whole family without getting magically caught by the guards? What business, hav you invested in a store? How do you do that? is it worth it?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Apr 26 2006, 02:59 PM
Did u manage to kill the whole family without getting magically caught by the guards? What business, hav you invested in a store? How do you do that? is it worth it?
no i got caught twice and paid my bail......the bro-hood mission cost me over 3000 gold for getting arrested

when u finish all the bro-hoods the mob becomes ur own, and ur the boss, and people do missions for u and u get paid $$ - u gotto visit weekly to receive ur cash - like GTA's businesses

Wow!!!!

I used to get a bit bored playing GTA games because the world you could move in was not as big as I would like.....also the details were a bit blah.

This game though sounds out of this world!

Gay-guy, This game with take over your life. It is unbelievable how huge this game is & how much can be done.

I could be hear all day going on about whats good about this game, but I won't.

Its simple, if you like games like Fable for example, definatly get it. I would get it on the 360 (if you have one) cos you need a monster of a pc to run it.

The only negative point against the game is that I wish I had a better pc to run the game on.

I hated fable, and most other RPG's (if you can call fable an rpg) but i frickin love oblivion.

Yeah, Fable was too short, and even too linear, but Oblivion is a monster of a game.

If you cant see the attraction already, then there obviously isnt one for you. Im sick of buying games and finishing them in a day or two. Oblivion can be long or short depending onhow you play, its great to see a game that can be hundreds of hours long, and how time consuming it is also depends on how much time you hav to play, but its great to hav a game on the go that i can pick up when i hav time, and dont hav to worry about it suddenly ending. I think of it as a project to chip away at over the year.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Apr 28 2006, 01:59 PM
I think of it as a project to chip away at over the year.
Exactly!

The worse mission game that was so repetitive has to be Halo......talk about going through the same old environments over and over again.....

Halo2 was better but it was short.

I also like to swing a weapon in first person.....big change from playing so many Shootemups.....

Is the combat complicated yet rewarding? I hope there is more to hand to hand combat than just swing and block.......

It s just swing and block. thats the one weakness in the game, but it is surprisingly rewarding, you just dont get sick of it!! There is a great variety in weapons, and you can perform some moves, but it is ultimately swing and block. Archery and magic can make for a change if you like that kind of thing.

Ive nver under stood the hype surrounding halo, utter shite if u ask me.

Nobody plays the Halo missions , its the Multiplayer online that makes it the best game.

I've played both the Halo games more than any other game and i've never even bothered with the mission/story mode on either...... it sux.

:wall: :%#%#: :rahh:

i'm a f***ing vampire and its ruining my experience

how the f*** do you get rid of it

i got this mission to get rid of it, but its rediculous

find all these ingredients for some dumb wench in the hills.......it will take me 4 oblivion weeks before i get the lot

is there another way of removing this vampire disease.......i dont wanna play this game whislt i'm a vampire

Same thing happened to me, and im still a vampire. If you want to cure it quickly then you hav to go back to before you had your first vampire dream (which occurs 3 days after you contract it) and go to a church and get yourself cleansed in the holy water, and bang its gone. Otherwise youll hav to do that quest, which is tough, i couldnt do it, thats why im still a vampire, it does hav its advantages, and you can still walk in the sun if you feed everyday.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Apr 29 2006, 11:55 AM
Same thing happened to me, and im still a vampire. If you want to cure it quickly then you hav to go back to before you had your first vampire dream (which occurs 3 days after you contract it) and go to a church and get yourself cleansed in the holy water, and bang its gone.
i'm already full blown vamps

its ******* me off

now it seems i gtto do this bloody curing mission

thankgod i god FIFA to take my mind off the sour grapes

i seriously cant play oblivion whilst a vampire - its as though they have taken away my dreams

:wah: :%#%#: :wall:

You must hav an earlir save!!! I was able to embrace the dark gift , but i can see how it could ruin someones expieriene. Go back as far as you have to avoid it, coz that mission is tough, and apparently theres a good chance of it breaking. (apparently she wont accept bloodgrass and you get stuck if ur unlucky) I intend to complete this quest once ive completed the guilds and stuff, but ill wait till i hav come across all the grand soul gems.

Latest posts