Odd occurrence with Manage Attanhments

smartcooky

Referee Coach and Advisor
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Tasman
Had something strange happen tonight with I was posting.

A wanted to add an attachment, so I clicked the "Manage Attachments" buton and the window duly opened that allowed me to upload a new attachment.

I attached the file, the realise I had selected the wrong one, but when I went back the the "Manage Attechment" window it said something like...

You do not have permission to access this page"

So I posted the image using the IMG BBCode but when I checked the post it had the attachment still showing as well, and when I tried the "Manage Attachment" button, it was gone!! No button at all.

Also, I appear to have lost the ability to edit my post.

I have found the cause, I think.....

At the bottom of most forums I see this

Posting Permissions

• You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
However at the bottom of the General Rugby forum, I see this

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

It seems that the Forum Permissions for the General Rugby forum is set to no attachments and no editing, however, I don't understand why it let me attach an image in the first place. You can see that it did by checking this post, which has an attachment thumbnail...

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/...ng-of-the-laws&p=327232&viewfull=1#post327232

Last edited:
Ok, I am sure I know what is happening now (although this being a vBulletin board not a phpBB3 board, I am not 100% certain, but the principles should be the same, even if the terminology isn't)

All three child-forums in the General Rugby forum/category, .i.e., General Rugby, Laws and Equipment & Universitas Rugbeia do not allow editing of posts or posting of attachments, but all the other forums on the board do allow these things.

My guess is that the child-forums in the General Rugby forum/category are inheriting their permissions from their parent, and that parent is set to disallow these things.

It'll be down to the settings. We're going to revamp the number of forums very soon anyway so all this will be sorted.

Latest posts