• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Problem with forum [fixed]

I have just tested this and it appears to be working now as well

Just disabled adblock on this domain and i can now see again. I'm moving on up now!

Doesn't work for me. I don't have Paint, I have Photoshop.

I press "Print Scrn" then open a new file in PS. It comes up with the dimensions 1280 x 1024 (which looks right) but when I paste, it is just a black image.

Very weird. Should work.

smartcooky, if you go alt+print screen that will give you a screen capture of the current window. if you go to windows run type in mspaint that will bring up paint (its a standard install on any windows pc)

smartcooky, if you go alt+print screen that will give you a screen capture of the current window. if you go to windows run type in mspaint that will bring up paint (its a standard install on any windows pc)

Start > Run > mspaint

"Windows cannot find 'mspaint'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then click search"

Start > Run > mspaint

"Windows cannot find 'mspaint'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then click search"

It doesn't really matter as you've got Photoshop which will do the same job (and a million other things) better as you posted above.

However out of interest, I'm guessing you're running Windows XP (poor you), in which case MSPaint has most likely been uninstalled through the 'Add/Remove Windows Components' tab under 'Add or Remove Programs'. I don't think there's a way to uninstall paint in Vista, 7 or 8.

It doesn't really matter as you've got Photoshop which will do the same job (and a million other things) better as you posted above.

However out of interest, I'm guessing you're running Windows XP (poor you), in which case MSPaint has most likely been uninstalled through the 'Add/Remove Windows Components' tab under 'Add or Remove Programs'. I don't think there's a way to uninstall paint in Vista, 7 or 8.

Yes I have XP Professional. I can't use Win 7 or Win 8 because they are incompatible with the commercial software and the hardware peripherals I use. Even using "Windows XP Mode" in Win 7 does not get around the hardware lock plugged into the USB port. There are no Win7 or Win 8 drivers for the hardware lock, so I'm stuck win Win XP Pro.

-------------------------
1. Press alt + print scrn

2. Open Photoshop..... go File > New. Brings up a blank image 1920 x 1050 pixels @ 72 dpi.... definitely looks the right dimensions for a screen capture. I have checked by resetting the new file size to 1500 x 1000, and going alt + print scrn again and the new file size goes to 1920 v 1050, so it is definitely picking up the screen, however....

3. Click on blank (Untitled) image and go Edit > Paste... and this is the result....

Untitled-1.jpg

NOTE: This is a resized version to fit in TRF Post, but the aspect is the same.

4. I'm buggered if I know why this is happening!

try using this progrm for a print screen

http://www.gadwin.com/download/

i have been known to use it in the past. I think there is something going on with your computer.

mspaint is "normally" in c:\windows\system32\mspaint.exe if you have it in there then there is something funny going on with your windows paths... but thats a long shot.

Think I have found the potential area which is causing the problem the DIV Collapse area in the forum display... However I don't know CSS too well to work out why its doing it... If there is anyone around who does it would be great to get your assistance to get this resolved...

Latest posts