• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Offical ball of the next world cup?

Originally posted by Wally+Mar 30 2005, 10:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Mar 30 2005, 10:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-cavan
@Feb 16 2005, 06:12 AM
what balls are used at club and school level in the SH? For us in Ireland it's Gilbert all the way at all levels from kids to adults.
Gilbert or Summit. [/b]
Mostly summit when i was in school... And I actually prefer the summit balls to be honest. Gilbert are great, but Summit is pure quality.

My mate has got the Steeden NRL ball (the proper version, not a replica). That is a quality rugby ball.

I don't really mind gilbert I can't kick them for some reason though well drop kicks anyways. I seem to be able to drop kick adidas balls etc but gilbert just f***s me up for some reason.

Strange. Gilbert is best for my kicking. I got a 40m kick in a game once with a gilbert - on the full. I'm a flanker by the way used to be outside.

Originally posted by cavan@Feb 17 2005, 12:49 AM
that yellow adidas ball is probably the worst i'vr ever played with. It was almost impossible to get any length on kicks with it.
I have one, and I'll never kick it again. It has wrecked hell on my knee.

No other company has the touch when it comes to making rugby balls but Gilbert, they are the only decent rugby balls out there. You can't kick mitre balls, Adidas aren't grippy enough and are oversized, and all the other companies out there that do make rugby balls haven't made it so how can they be any good?

Latest posts