• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official Metal Gear Solid 3 thread

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Nov 23 2004, 02:25 AM
It's time to resurrect this thread imo - the game is out in the USA soon (so I expect you captainamerica, the purveyor of all on the far side of the pond to give us an exclusive scoop on what it's like).
I haven't played a Metal Gear game since the very first one. The 16-bit one. Doubt I'll get round to getting this new one, though it sounds fairly interesting. We'll see.

Sorry for not being able to help, but it should have been a bit of an indicator when GTA: SA came out and I was one of the first to get it, but as of today, I'm only just out of Los Santos.

game was great for its time
but if they dont add anything new, (sorry havent looked into this game at all) and ground breaking it will struggle against the likes of Splinter Cell, and will NOT beat GTA:SA for greatest game of all time.
I played the last Metal Gear for 14 hours straight and finished it.

When really the game time would have been 10 hours max with 4hrs of cinematic drama.......I like the cutscenes for storyline but u gotto draw a fine line if u have sacrifised alot of gameplay length for a few shoddy pieces of acting skills and storyline plot.
GTA:SA has the perfect amount of storyline cutscenes, anything more than this is too much for me...............I'll rent a DVD instead.

but I will rent this baby, knowing it will be good, and hopefully can conquer it, so i do not have to buy it.
Gran Turismo is in my sights now

Originally posted by ak47@Nov 23 2004, 01:43 AM
but if they dont add anything new, (sorry havent looked into this game at all) and ground breaking it will struggle against the likes of Splinter Cell, and will NOT beat GTA:SA for greatest game of all time.

When really the game time would have been 10 hours max with 4hrs of cinematic drama.......I like the cutscenes for storyline but u gotto draw a fine line if u have sacrifised alot of gameplay length for a few shoddy pieces of acting skills and storyline plot.
GTA:SA has the perfect amount of storyline cutscenes, anything more than this is too much for me...............I'll rent a DVD instead.

but I will rent this baby, knowing it will be good, and hopefully can conquer it, so i do not have to buy it.
The changes have been rung mate I will find a website that has details.

Gonna start trashing MGS 2 Substance again, see if I can beat those darn Ninja Missions

Originally posted by ak47@Nov 23 2004, 01:43 PM

As far as greatest game of all time goes, well I just got a new graphics card, a GeForce 6800 GT and also picked up Half Life 2 and Doom about a week ago aswell... And I seriously have to say that, while I never used to be a PC person, this thing shits so heavily on my XBOX and PS2 that I don't think I'll ever play them again! HALO 2 is an absolute joke compared to Half Life 2 and I've already taken back GTS: SA due to the simple fact that it has nothing that comes close to captivating me as much as the freaky **** in DOOM 3 or gameplay in HL2...

Anyway, just thought I'd add my two sense in this matter... So far for me perosnally HL2 is the best game I've ever played, DOOM 3 is scary as hell and unbelievably impressive, but HL2 just has more to offer.

Originally posted by sanzar+Nov 25 2004, 01:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Nov 25 2004, 01:57 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Nov 23 2004, 01:43 PM

As far as greatest game of all time goes, well I just got a new graphics card, a GeForce 6800 GT and also picked up Half Life 2 and Doom about a week ago aswell... And I seriously have to say that, while I never used to be a PC person, this thing shits so heavily on my XBOX and PS2 that I don't think I'll ever play them again! HALO 2 is an absolute joke compared to Half Life 2 and I've already taken back GTS: SA due to the simple fact that it has nothing that comes close to captivating me as much as the freaky **** in DOOM 3 or gameplay in HL2...

Anyway, just thought I'd add my two sense in this matter... So far for me perosnally HL2 is the best game I've ever played, DOOM 3 is scary as hell and unbelievably impressive, but HL2 just has more to offer. [/b]
You should download the mod that straps the flashlight to your shotgun in doom 3.
And of course Halo 2 cannot compare to anything on PC.
Also, you should try Far Cry, that is one helluva game, best FPS I've ever played up until recently (doom 3).
I haven't played HL2 mind you.

yea farcry was one awesome game graphics were spectacular, sometimes i caught myself staring at the sea for long periods of time cause it was so perfect

Sanzar - I wont get into a PC v Console arguement

But ur avitar has got to go

a. the roosters are hardly anything to be proud about
b. 2005 wont be any year for any chook without freddy
c Phil Gould

sorry mate

i hate the chooks that bad, i live in bondi junction, and they are all pransing pussy foot wankers whinging for more $$,concessions and rule changes to make life easier for them.......u'd think after 3 concessive GF's, they should not ask for much more than what they already have.
They propose more rule changes and amendments than any other club, thinking they rule and run the comp
They propose higher salary cap, more often than any other club, thinking they run and rule the comp
Quote from Phil Gould "Cusack has fallen victim of the salary cap, we have had to let him go"..............WELL THEN DONT SIGN AMOS ROBERTS OR MONAGHAN, AND THERE'S UR FUNDS FOR CUSACK, FOOL GOULD
They are hesitant, and take stances, when its already known the rest of the comp has agreed to terms of bargaining and/or admin changes, (perhaps to hide something), thinking they run and rule the comp

oh and that king cross ban for all roosters is NOT prosecuted, as i see one of them off his face week in week out...........not that i care, they can do what they want, but the perception they portray as a 'good' club, by having this false anti kings cross ban, just adds to the stench of fowl play they continously push in the world of rugby league

NRL - National Roosters (Rorter$) League

anyway back to metal gear.......sorry for going off topic

Originally posted by ak47@Nov 25 2004, 01:29 PM

c Phil Gould

sorry mate

i hate the chooks that bad, i live in bondi junction, and they are all pransing pussy foot wankers whinging for more $$,concessions and rule changes to make life easier for them.......u'd think after 3 concessive GF's, they should not ask for much more than what they already have.
They propose more rule changes and amendments than any other club, thinking they rule and run the comp
They propose higher salary cap, more often than any other club, thinking they run and rule the comp
Quote from Phil Gould "Cusack has fallen victim of the salary cap, we have had to let him go"..............WELL THEN DONT SIGN AMOS ROBERTS OR MONAGHAN, AND THERE'S UR FUNDS FOR CUSACK, FOOL GOULD
They are hesitant, and take stances, when its already known the rest of the comp has agreed to terms of bargaining and/or admin changes, (perhaps to hide something), thinking they run and rule the comp

oh and that king cross ban for all roosters is NOT prosecuted, as i see one of them off his face week in week out...........not that i care, they can do what they want, but the perception they portray as a 'good' club, by having this false anti kings cross ban, just adds to the stench of fowl play they continously push in the world of rugby league

They're my team and thats the end of it mate
<
At least were not bloody England aye mate?
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Nov 25 2004, 04:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Nov 25 2004, 04:26 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Nov 25 2004, 01:29 PM

c Phil Gould

sorry mate

They're my team and thats the end of it mate
<
At least were not bloody England aye mate?
<
[/b]
fair call

how can that idiot farrell win the golden boot

even the best english player is ur own big Morley!!!!

I like Morley, got guts and determination like Hindmarsh!!!

i pre ordered mine from play yesterday so im hoping itll get here on saturday. I think the trailer swung it for me it looks so good.

Was that the trailer where he eats the snake, gets chased by dogs, jumps off a water fall, and walks waist deep through the river blowing **** up?

Looks insane, but I don't know if it's my cup of tea.

Originally posted by Ripper@Nov 24 2004, 07:48 PM
Gonna start trashing MGS 2 Substance again, see if I can beat those darn Ninja Missions
Ninja missions?

They are easy, wait until you unlockl MGS1 Snake missions.

nope its on play.com
it shows alot of dialogue and it just looks like a proper espionage movie

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 3 2005, 09:27 PM
Was that the trailer where he eats the snake, gets chased by dogs, jumps off a water fall, and walks waist deep through the river blowing **** up?

Looks insane, but I don't know if it's my cup of tea.
I've seen it.

I think it would be your cup of tea mate, top game.

well im hoping it gets here tommorow,so ill post my thoughts of it sometime

Latest posts