• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official Metal Gear Solid 3 thread

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 5 2005, 09:35 AM
well im hoping it gets here tommorow,so ill post my thoughts of it sometime
Please do -- would be interested to hear about it.

I watched the video review the metal gear solid 3 (on gamespot) the other day & they said that u may not like the game if u are new to the metal gear solid series. They guy reviewing the game says that the first few hours are spent not hardly anything but roaming through the jungle eating snakes!

Originally posted by gjohn85@Mar 5 2005, 11:02 AM
They guy reviewing the game says that the first few hours are spent not hardly anything but roaming through the jungle eating snakes!
Well, in fairness, that's what I spend most of the day doing, don't see why it should be any different in the video game world.

Now, do the snakes just magically appear in your hand, or do you spend the first few hours roaming a jungle looking for snakes to eat? And if you eat too many snakes, does your Solid Snake man get too fat and you need to go to the Cobra gym to workout?

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 5 2005, 02:09 PM
Now, do the snakes just magically appear in your hand, or do you spend the first few hours roaming a jungle looking for snakes to eat? And if you eat too many snakes, does your Solid Snake man get too fat and you need to go to the Cobra gym to workout?
*GASP*

Did you know that the Gym in San Fierro was called Cobra Marital Arts??

Must have been a typo.

ok i have the game, ill post a more detailed comment later on tonight.
heres the basics

the game is sheer class,visually stunning
and to answer your question captain you start of in the jungle having to infiltrate this old warehouse, However you dont have any food as its a naked mission. So as of now ive had to eat snakes and crocodiles,yes i ate a crocodile. i couldnt believe what i saw i walked around the corner and there was this bloody big crocodile walking about. More to come folks.

Bought it yesterday, will only be able to play it tomorrow or monday. Got myself a right bargain.

yeah the game is great,got to be honest. Its alot harder than mgs 1 and 2. Im playing on medium.

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 6 2005, 05:17 AM
So as of now ive had to eat snakes and crocodiles,yes i ate a crocodile. i  couldnt believe what i saw i walked around the corner and there was this bloody big crocodile walking about. More to come folks.
Well if u didn't eat that Crocidile, it would of eaten you, so its only fair!

it would be cool if u could keep a tooth of all the crocs you've eaten or killed as a momento & to have a crocs teeth necklace!
<

yeah i supose your right. Ive hit a part of the game now where i cannot get any further its too hard.

Hard? Like, what, the jungle is too thick and you can't get out and find a Tesco's to buy a Lionbar?

God I miss Lionbar's.

Well, 'sheer class' is a pretty cool comment. Killed any humans yet?

yeah loads. its hard,becuas it aint just killing its like you have to really think put yourselve into his shoes,play a bit of stealth sneak up on the russians. The jungles is a coll element. Have anyone else got the game and how far have you got,im stuck on revolver ocelot.

Well, I've just encountered the first three guards - I managed to get past two but the third got me and then I had to switch it off.

I will be having an intensive period of play on it a little bit later on. Can you eat crocodiles by the way? I put them all to sleep before they tried to savage me.

yes you can eat the crocs,you got to kill them though,so put them to sleep and then savage them with a knive.

Savage me? Savage them?

What kind of talk is that? I like it, but it's scary.

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 9 2005, 09:21 PM
lol,well its a dog eat dog world in mgs3
Quite literally, I think that the captain of America would be a huge fan of this game.

Now actually got past the first mini level (boy did I not see that one coming!) and am about to start the game for real. Lots of critters (snakes, frogs and what have you) right at the start; having eaten wild boar myself I'd love to pillage one in MGS myself!

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Mar 10 2005, 10:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Mar 10 2005, 10:50 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Mar 9 2005, 09:21 PM
lol,well its a dog eat dog world in mgs3
Quite literally, I think that the captain of America would be a huge fan of this game.

Now actually got past the first mini level (boy did I not see that one coming!) and am about to start the game for real. Lots of critters (snakes, frogs and what have you) right at the start; having eaten wild boar myself I'd love to pillage one in MGS myself! [/b]
Dude, I'm straight outta the city these days. Only jungle I like is the one by Guns n' Roses or the Fever (Brown Sugar, mmmmmmm).

But, you have got my interest . . . damn . . . might have to read up some more on this . . .

Latest posts