• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official Pro Evolution Soccer 4 Thread

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Aug 14 2004, 10:40 AM
Welcome back Locksley mate.
<
Cheers!!!
<

Did you just watch that awful mess at KR tonight? What the hell has gone wrong up there?

It was horrendous mate, yet one of our better displays in recent weeks at the same time...

Ive decieded to retract my statement that I might get PES 4.

Instead ive decieded to invest in TIF 2004 for numerous reasons including :

1 ) Its already out

2 ) Its cheaper

3 ) 23 Leagues, 900 Teams, 18000 players, cant see PES 4 Matching that

Originally posted by locksley+Aug 14 2004, 10:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Aug 14 2004, 10:30 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Aug 13 2004, 11:24 PM
Some Guy on PESInsight

Ok, had about 14 hours on the game now and am very dissapointed.

The ball in the midfield acts like a balloon, when you try and take a shot with no matter how much power it is like a brick, no matter how many times I try and place the ball it seems to go straight forward to the keeper.

Outside the box it takes that long to do the animation for a shot that the defender has time to block the shot, otherwise, it goes tamely straight to the keeper.

One on ones with the keeper are a joke, with the keeper mostly coming out on top, if you want to beet the keeper the best option is the chip shot, almost guaranteed to work.

I was impressed when i first played the game because it seemed so different from WE7I, alot more animations, but upon further play these new animations seems to hinder the game.

The long pass is also annoying, if i want to change the play I push in the direction of the opposite wing, this will then be passed to the full back and not the winger, if i try and change the direction this will then target my striker.

It seems unresponsive, taking forever to do an animation to pass the ball, by that time I am disposessed.

The fouls are a joke, brush a player and its a foul, way too picky, its like non contact.

I have scored 3 types of goals, diving header, header and chip shot, sometimes i get the odd rebound.

The pace is not there when you break clear of the defence, i am using R1 and trying to push on but its just not there, the only burst of pace i can do is when i do a step over while holding R1.

I hate to be critical because I spent £50 on the game and want to love it, but it just does not get me excited like the others did.

It feels like an ISS game and if somebody told me it was I would believe them.Ok, had about 14 hours on the game now and am very dissapointed.

The ball in the midfield acts like a balloon, when you try and take a shot with no matter how much power it is like a brick, no matter how many times I try and place the ball it seems to go straight forward to the keeper.

Outside the box it takes that long to do the animation for a shot that the defender has time to block the shot, otherwise, it goes tamely straight to the keeper.

One on ones with the keeper are a joke, with the keeper mostly coming out on top, if you want to beet the keeper the best option is the chip shot, almost guaranteed to work.

I was impressed when i first played the game because it seemed so different from WE7I, alot more animations, but upon further play these new animations seems to hinder the game.

The long pass is also annoying, if i want to change the play I push in the direction of the opposite wing, this will then be passed to the full back and not the winger, if i try and change the direction this will then target my striker.

It seems unresponsive, taking forever to do an animation to pass the ball, by that time I am disposessed.

The fouls are a joke, brush a player and its a foul, way too picky, its like non contact.

I have scored 3 types of goals, diving header, header and chip shot, sometimes i get the odd rebound.

The pace is not there when you break clear of the defence, i am using R1 and trying to push on but its just not there, the only burst of pace i can do is when i do a step over while holding R1.

I hate to be critical because I spent £50 on the game and want to love it, but it just does not get me excited like the others did.

It feels like an ISS game and if somebody told me it was I would believe them.
Jeez!!!!
<
Are you playing the same Pro Evo 4 as me???

Pro Evo 4 is so much better than Pro Evo 3 it's unreal!!!!

As for Pro Evo 2.... Ha, that's like comparing Match Day on the spectrum to Pro Evo 3!!!!

Believe me, Pro Evo 4 WILL rock your world!!!! [/b]
No it wont, Madden 2005 will...

Ripper ripper ripper. tsk tsk.
are you seriously going to get TIF2004? sure its got all those teams, but did rugby 2004 play any better than WCR?
TIF2004 isn't a good soccer game when you can play pro evo

I found TIF 2003 too be better then PES 3.

Altho that might be because PES 3 was more realistic and realistic soccer = boring trash

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 14 2004, 10:07 PM

Altho that might be because PES 3 was more realistic and realistic soccer = boring trash
Troll, imo.

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 14 2004, 10:07 PM

Realistic soccer boring?

It was "the lack of realism" that made me turn off every TIF game I have ever tried within half an hour. Lack of realism does works when they trump up the boundaries of a game, in TIF they had lack of realism by dumbing down parts (suck defence). The best example of lack of realism used to enhance a game is JLR (everybody moved a bit better than in real life. The best example of lack of realism killing a game is Rugby 2001 with it's dumb AI defence (and perhaps even WCR with its stink speed stats).

Though real soccer can sometimes get a bit boring and even though PE3 follows realistic soccer in most parts, it has kept it's exciting edge because they chose to make EXCITING bits unrealistically enhanced rather than going the other way of dumbing down a defence (unrealistic) to make holes.

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 15 2004, 07:10 AM
If found PES 3 preety boring.

Im more into the more pick up and play sort of games
Simple things amuse simple minds!
<

TIF 2004?? Only real problem with that game is that it is crap..............

By the way PES2 was by far the worst version the PES series has produced (unless you liked running through non existent defenses, especially centre backs who "parted" to allow you easy shots on goal).

Even konami admited they got the gameplay wrong on that one..........I spent days "fixing" that sucker up.

I know everyone has their own views, but i think pro evo 2 is the best footie game ever made!!

I only play these games 2 player mind, & i find its the most realistic & the most addictive!

Originally posted by NZL fan@Aug 15 2004, 08:39 AM
Even konami admited they got the gameplay wrong on that one..........I spent days "fixing" that sucker up.
Please tell me more.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC+Aug 15 2004, 10:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St_Helens_RLFC @ Aug 15 2004, 10:13 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Aug 15 2004, 08:39 AM

Please tell me more. [/b]
What is it you'd like to know?????????

Konami admitted that PES2 was flawed in the fact that the attacking abilities of strikers etc was lop sided in comparison to the defenders abilities. They had originally done this to make it more "accessable" for casual players (remember the original PES was pretty tough for those not used to the series).

I remember playing PES2 for the first time, kicking off and running through the whole defense with the first player to touch the ball, everybody held off in defense, and I scored - unchallenged. It was one of the only times where the WE series of that year had vastly different gameplay then the PES version (the WE version playing far better).

KONAMI said overall gameplay would be vastly improved for PES3 (which it was). So they toughened up the defensive players abilities in that version, fixed the poorly thought out player stats, but "dumbed down" the goalies so it was not impossible to score once you had beaten the defense (hence some of the poor goalkeeping you see from time to time).

With PES2 I did what a lot of people did by lowering all the players speed, acceleration abilities by 10, raising the defenders response and defense, and lowering strikers response. It played WAY better after that.

Hope that makes sense.........

Latest posts