• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official Pro Evolution Soccer 4 Thread

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 4 2004, 06:58 PM
November I think I read in GAME this morning.
Cool. Cheers.
<

Originally posted by woodie@Oct 5 2004, 06:12 AM
pfft. Serie A. You must be taking the mick. Its a pile of drivel. Players walk around with the ball, la liga is only slightly better. Premiership is the best by a mile. Best players, fast, entertaining football and brilliant atmospheres at the games. In Italy its still like the 70s over here with all the pathetic crowd violence. GROW UP!!
to be honest i prefer premiership lately, because in italy there are many things i really hate like the exasperate tacticism or the racism in the stadias or the gay way of some of our players but an english can't say all that crowd violence..
Remember the hooligans!!!
P.s. don't treat me like a dumb ok?

plus in english football they dont hollywood as bad like those girls from europe nedved comes to mind lots

Originally posted by neh@Oct 5 2004, 12:20 PM
plus in english football they dont hollywood as bad like those girls from europe nedved comes to mind lots
<

Nedved is one of the toughest midfielders in Europe - he doesn't go down like a pansy.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Oct 5 2004, 11:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 5 2004, 11:56 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-neh
@Oct 5 2004, 12:20 PM
<

Nedved is one of the toughest midfielders in Europe - he doesn't go down like a pansy. [/b]
yes nedved is one of the best midfielder nowadays

Guess who has played the demo....
<

Who wants to touch me?

I SAID: "WHO WANTS TO TOUCH ME???"
<

Feel free to ask questions.

and???...................impressions?????.......................

One concern for me is the pace of the game. I thought PES3 was about right - is it now quicker????

Nice one St Helens, was it on the Magazine I mentioned or did you play the Virgin seperate demo?

Anyway
1 How are the in game cut scenes?
2 Is there a power bar on lofted through balls?
3 Do your teammates run more effectively off the ball?
4 Overall are you very impressed, much better than Pro Evo 3?

Cheers, can't wait for this one...

Get on with it St Helens

Tell us all

Which mag (if a mag), was it in?

I need it now, demo or not, its better than pics

Originally posted by Hypnotised@Oct 11 2004, 04:23 PM
Nice one St Helens, was it on the Magazine I mentioned?
It was indeed in the Official Playstation 2 Magazine. You also get a review. Or you do in our version anyway...........

Originally posted by Hypnotised@Oct 11 2004, 04:23 PM
and???...................impressions?????.......................

One concern for me is the pace of the game. I thought PES3 was about right - is it now quicker????

Nice one St Helens, was it on the Magazine I mentioned or did you play the Virgin seperate demo?

Anyway
1 How are the in game cut scenes?
2 Is there a power bar on lofted through balls?
3 Do your teammates run more effectively off the ball?
4 Overall are you very impressed, much better than Pro Evo 3?
I usually get the Virgin Megastores demo on a yearly basis - I have not yet made the effort to enter the PES League (www.pesleague.com) but next year I intend to give it a good go. I have owned each and every Pro Evo demo that has been created for PS2, and I can safely say that I have NEVER been as excited about a football game like this. It is an absolutely unreal experience, and this is only the demo!

To be honest NZL Fan I thought PES3 was a little bit slow mate - although other teams pressed I didn't feel as though I was under pressure at all and could cut passes through midfield with no problems at all. I like my football in a Premiership 110 mph stylee, but this is the great thing about PES4... YOU choose your own speed!

The way you want to play football determines how quick the game goes. Your attacking/defensive/mixed etc preferences will now play a bigger part than ever because in this game you can actually feel your team going all out for that crucial equaliser or that single goal in a frustrating game against a vastly inferior team. This means that you can get balls forward frantically, or if you just leave it alone (I prefer to all out attack because I'm confident in my ability to score all the time and not get caught out) and play a slower, patient passing game. However, the game has been sped up just the tiniest little bit but if you're not an avid player you won't notice. It is negligible NZL Fan, it has hardly been altered at all.

Now, Hypnotised:

1) The cut scenes work very well imo. They are few and far between. Not scythed anyone down yet so I've not had much of a chance to see pushing and shoving cutscenes. However, it's nice to see it at corners - instead of the usual wait you'd have at a corner with the black loading screen you're now faced with the optional cutscene of seeing, e.g. Beckham lining up a corner. Slots in really well. Similarly, when you get a goalkick the players are still moving upfield - you can either take your time or get it upfield asap. Great touch!

2) No there isn't but they are more intelligent than ever.

3) DEFINATELY! I know that when playing PES3 I'm waving people into the gaps from midfield, and even on all out attack they still don't go. Not this time! Playing as England I found the players overlapped hugely realistically - You always had an option whether that be laying the ball out from the right midfielder to the right back. However, the AI is wise to your intentions and will shore up loose areas. The thing that pleased me most however, was seeing my attacking midfielder, in this case Lampard, bursting through the midfield to get onto a lofted through ball from Wayne Rooney, before delightfully chipping the goalkeeper in off the underside of the bar. The runs you wanted are now in!

4) The demo I have is quite a short one, I only get to play one half of football that lasts five minutes or so, and whilst I have played it several times I have only scratched the surface of the surface of the surface of what this game is capable of. It's classy, it's stylish, it's very smooth and it's very clever. If real football in England carries on being as dull as it has been lately (Yes Chelsea fans, I mean you!!!) then people will soon be playing PES4 instead of real football. Trade PES3 in now - it will never see the light of day again if you don't.

You won't spend a better sum of cash.

What about the goalies then..................more keeper animations, better defense etc, less diving for "easy to take" balls?????

Originally posted by woodie@Oct 5 2004, 06:12 AM
pfft. Serie A. You must be taking the mick. Its a pile of drivel. Players walk around with the ball, la liga is only slightly better. Premiership is the best by a mile. Best players, fast, entertaining football and brilliant atmospheres at the games. In Italy its still like the 70s over here with all the pathetic crowd violence. GROW UP!!
In terms of entertainment...

Scottish League > All else

Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 12 2004, 06:58 AM
What about the goalies then..................more keeper animations, better defense etc, less diving for "easy to take" balls?????
The goalkeepers are a lot sharper. I was almost offended when one of my low shots from 15 yards that usually trickled in past the feeble efforts of the goalkeepers of PES3 was caught comfortably by the goalkeeper. Scoring is going to be harder than ever.

The goalkeepers look great - more realistic than ever and much, much cleverer.

You'll all be pleased to know that it LOOKS like the silly fouls have been cut out and the play flows a lot more because advantages now actually work. The referees are much more sensible and restrained - it has to be an awful tackle or something denying a goalscoring opportunity to walk from what I've seen so far.

It's amazing - 3 days till full release!

Originally posted by woodie@Oct 15 2004, 03:35 AM
It's out!!!!

Go to GAME and they will give it to you today, one day early.
Got it myself yesterday - won a 6 man tournament last night.
<

for the first time in the we/pes saga the european version is better than the japanese one. no more slow downs (thank u jesus) and 2004/05 team rosters
<

Latest posts