• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Offside Problem

S

Steve-o

I've seen on Rugby 2005 offside DOES NOT exist for the AI players. The AI team has never been penalized for being offside, which gets very irritating if you're playing a really hard game and you can't play quick ball because most of the slower players are still running back.

If the picture appears (sorry about the picture quality, it had to be reduced because of the attachment file size limit) you'll clearly see that in bubble (1) the scrum-half is passing the ball the the player in bubble (2) and the AI player in bubble (3) is ridiculously offside (this is all shown in the picture on top)

Now in the picture below you'll see that the AI player (bubble (3)) is tackling the player (bubble (2)) which resulted in the ball being knocked on. I was playing this match on hardest level and when things like this happen it normally results in something nearby being flung across the room or something being mashed (normally the desk). This is a huge mistake in the game and i hope something gets done about it (hopefully a patch of some sort) because it really reins the game which is a huge improvement from Rugby 2004.

OK the picture doesn't work but trust me this guy was so offside he would of got a red card

I have to agree. One thing that's struck me watching rugby as I have done for the past two years only, is that the scoreboard is always kept ticking over with penalties, for loads of offences. Very rarely will teams go a game without scoring in real life, as penalties will be conceded, and they will be able to skelp over three points. They will have to make sure that there is an increased number of offences that can be penalised by awarding a penalty.

Also, has anyone ever had a penalty for the computer oppponent being offside?

Stupid.

Well why don't you exploit it? You know that you are only offside when the player YOU control is off. Just put a player on their first five or standoff and convert to another just before they get the ball from the ruck or maul.

Stupid computer must pay!!!!!!!!! Defeat the Matrix!

In ALL the time I played the game I received ONE penalty for the computer being offside (halfback ran and was tackled by opposition standing at base of my ruck).............

That was the only penalty I ever received for anything other then "pulling down a maul". I was so shocked I automatically took a shot at goal (for the novelty of it all).......

I think they were going to implement it, didn't have time/changed their mind about doing it properly, so it happens only when Haleys comet comes within viewing distance of Earth.......

The AI is perfect. The AI never gets a penalty, except for collapsing the set pieces near the try line. It always makes a tackle and is never fooled by switches or dummies.

Peace,

Mark

so perfect that one centre goes one way and the other one goes the other making a huge gap in the field that i score 50% of my tries from.

the AI calling players out if theres a overlap couldve been great, and it was a big feature of the AI before the game. But what good is covering an overlap when the middle of the field is wide open?

and another thing, why does any fullback never miss a one on one tackle unless you try something fancy (grubber etc.)? or is it just me?

Originally posted by benchwarmer_chriswhitaker@Jun 2 2005, 07:51 AM
and another thing, why does any fullback never miss a one on one tackle unless you try something fancy (grubber etc.)? or is it just me?
Just you I think. I just run round the fullback, or step him and accelerate away. Or draw him in and pass to a supporting player. Once you get the timing it works almost every time.

these are stupid glitches that should've been corrected.......stupid EA, HB
<

Yeah but the FB does have a black hole effect where he sucks your runner in from about 5m away.

I have received penalties from Offsides, it just doesn't happen very often, the most commen is a collapsed ruck/scrum.

I've had the same thing happen to me Steve-O. Good idea with this little site of yours, everyone should contribute.

Anyone experienced the following yet: When the AI team starts to run a set play (where the flyhalf dummy's the centre's) and you dive tackle the number 10 and he goes backwards, sometimes he still passes the ball even if the receiver is about 10 metres ahead of him already. It looks very strange and no forward pass is called.

Originally posted by Quintes@Jun 10 2005, 01:59 AM
I've had the same thing happen to me Steve-O. Good idea with this little site of yours, everyone should contribute.

Anyone experienced the following yet: When the AI team starts to run a set play (where the flyhalf dummy's the centre's) and you dive tackle the number 10 and he goes backwards, sometimes he still passes the ball even if the receiver is about 10 metres ahead of him already. It looks very strange and no forward pass is called.
OMG, i had the exact same thing happen to me. I was going to put it on the site so next time it happens i will. I also found this very minor mistake but if you catch the ball just before the 22m line (while your running back towards it) and you kind of do that backwards kick and step over the 22m (into it) it doesn't take it as you run over it because the animation started before the 22m. It's very minor but it did get me once
<

Latest posts