• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Oh Danny...

Most charges dropped. Plead guilty to assault and resisting arrest, fined £2k+costs.

Probably dropped due to guilty plea, he's been here before and kniws dragging it out is stupid.

The real question now is does he cop a ban?

Has to pay out 250 pound compensation to a woman police officer according to the BBC which isn't good.

From what I've heard/read it was a pretty nothing event. He's got too ******, been videoed by a bouncer who's spotted an opportunity to embarrass a celebrity with a bad reputation, he's tried to cover/grab the bouncers body cam and then been almost immediately separated by team mates and bouncers. He's then been confronted by police about 30 mins later outside his hotel and a female police officer has gone to try and grab and cuff him, he's pulled his hands out of the cuffs and held her at arms length until another officer has jumped in. Stupid reaction in both instances, but it's hardly "assault" in the practical sense. The unfortunate fact is that he has the spotlight on him and this could well cost him his England spot - can't understand why he can't just keep his head down and stay off the booze for 12 months until the RWC, he deserves to have fun, but if it's the priority then go to Japan, France or the US, get paid $$$ and **** it up the wall!

One saving grace, rumour has it that as he was nicked, he was said to have told the police: "These wrists are gold, loosen the cuffs!"

Part A fair enough

Part B holding an officerat arms length no matter how ****** you are I have sonething against not showing the authorities proper respect. Unless they were doing something utterly outlandish.

head down and stay off the booze for 12 months until the RWC, he deserves to have fun, but if it's the priority then go to Japan, France or the US, get paid $$$ and **** it up the wall!

Keep him - and great idea to get a woman officer to cuff a drunk rugby player...

file.php

file.php

You have to question whether someone is truly sorry if they keep doing the same ****. Every single time he gets a chance with England he goes out, gets drunk and fucks something up. I've been out drinking many many times and somehow managed to avoid ever being in a situation where I was scuffling with bouncers or the police. It really isn't that difficult.

This was daft, but low end. If Jones dumps him for this then he was never seriously in his plans. Irrespective of what's said in private, good man management would be to back him in public.

Still I suppose at least there was only one female police officer involved, no taxis and it wasn't in the middle of Leicester.

Why arrested for pulling on a Bouncers tie though? Utterly ridiculous.

He hasn't covered himself in glory here, but my god this has been blown out of proportion.

Compare it Powell driving a golf cart down a motorway or Stokes knocking out a couple of guys, this is minor.

But Jones can now carry on with Ford...

Yeah. Cipriani doesn't help himself, but the more that comes out about this incident, the more ridiclous the media and RFU response looks. I think if another, less controversial/well-known player had done this, there is a fair chance it wouldn't have even made the mainstream media.

He's an idiot for allowing himself to get in to this situation, but I think it's fair to say he is target (mostly through his own actions).

Latest posts