• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

One of the most devastating gridiron football hits of all time.

Ohhh that's a great hit. Buck Pierce gambled and paid for it. He saw the extra blitz man, decided to not motion in a blocker as he thought it was a fake and ouch.

As some who played both American football and Canadian Football, they are hugely different. NFL is like playing in a phone booth with mean angry Gorillas who fight for every inch of that phone booth. Canadian Ball is like playing on a field, with lots of room and smaller people because you get outrun if your a huge gorilla. Both sports are great.

Also as someone who played both Football and Rugby competitively I can say that football is more dangerous. You have to have be tough to play rugby as the rucks are a war and you are much more exposed hits. Football, it doesn't matter how tough or big you are, everyone at some point gets messed up. Completely messed up, hit by a car messed up. Those pads make people think they are invincible and they hit like it.

I mean I was a d-end/guard/fullback (meaning I was never tackled) but I managed to break my hand, all my fingers on both hands but 1, broke ribs from a blindside hit to my side with a facemask, had 2 concussions, have a weird clicky thing with my jaw from a savage helmet slap and a torn something or other rotating joint in my shoulder that gives me a stinger every time I tackle someone remotely hard. Oh and I did that last one breaking a guys femur.

In rugby, I have only ever been messed up once making a tackle and never messed up getting tackled. I only broke my collarbone from a fat guy belly flopping on my while I got up and torn my LCL/meniscus and my calf screwing around in practice.

As well, I've played many more rugby games than Football games and also played at a much higher level than in football.

Rugby is a violent tough contact sport.
Football is a violent tough collision sport.

not sure where to put this, but it's a hit and these two are old CFL players.

48 yrs later still mad about a hit!

AWESOME

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure where to put this, but it's a hit and these two are old CFL players.

48 yrs later still mad about a hit!

AWESOME

I love how this is getting International air time LMFAO, Joe Kapp seems like a senial moron in the whole thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
What American football clip? This is a Canadian Football League clip, actually a much different rule set.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_American_and_Canadian_football

I think you have a point Stormer about it looking worse by being blindsided, but I'd point out that players in gridiron football would regularly die on the field if they didn't wear helmets. The power of a Gridiron hit like that is akin to that of a car accident. Luckily the guys don't get tackled or hit with that force often in a game.

I dont think they would be playing with such force if they weren't wearing helmets

I dont think they would be playing with such force if they weren't wearing helmets

kind of the point isn't it......that is one of the issues currently in north americian sport, both football and hockey. There is an increase in injury (mainly brain) due to in increased belief the players are indestructable. This feelings arise out of the increases in protective equipment. Kind of a vicious cycle.

Latest posts