• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys to be quizzed

Leicester really are pathetic, is there any depths to which they won't sink in order to get back in the competition. Face facts you weren't good enough.

Ok, this one is slightly baffling. Ospreys signed Januarie on a three month deal, so what if he left early? He was no longer required, and I'm sure he wanted to go back to SA. Was he payed for the full three months, I expect so! The Ospreys were in the middle of a scrum half crisis, where their four frontline players were injured.

From what I can see, this will come to nothing. I'm not even sure why it's made the press, who's leaking such trivial things? I'm sure that quite a few clubs get questioned every year.... in fact the Ospreys alude to that in their statement, that they along with several other clubs have been contacted.

Same old Leicester...

Hardy matters, neither Ospreys or Leicester were likely to win the ting this season anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 24 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Same old Leicester...

Hardy matters, neither Ospreys or Leicester were likely to win the ting this season anyway.[/b]
True and even if it were true etc i doubt it enough to throw a team out of the competition.
It's a waste of time, nonsense and money(payimg people to investigate etc)

As Dullonien said it not as i he was missing Ospreys games or anything.

throwing them out would be a **** take considering Quins actually cheated and weren't thrown out. Fair enough they've got previous and don't seem to be able to help themselves but still would be a bit harsh.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 24 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Same old Leicester...

Hardy matters, neither Ospreys or Leicester were likely to win the ting this season anyway.[/b]

Wait, what............ ahhhhh, I see what you did there <_<

It is same old Leicester but regulations do state that he's got to be here for three months.

I wouldn't have such a stupid law but you'd expect the Osprey management to at least know that the law existed.

That shouldn't mean Ospreys should be dumped from the HEC though, its way way way too late for that. Just fine them (again) and move on.

Premier Rugby (English) reported this. Presumably because there's only 1 English team left in the comp, who aren't likely to progress to the semis.

Give the Ospreys a fine and move on, they broke a silly law but it's hardly 1st grade cheating.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Feb 24 2010, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Premier Rugby (English) reported this. Presumably because there's only 1 English team left in the comp, who aren't likely to progress to the semis.

Give the Ospreys a fine and move on, they broke a silly law but it's hardly 1st grade cheating.[/b]
Yeah but been honest my head is booming :huh: But is London Irish in this equation too.

They, like Leicester, were in the HEC this season at one point...

...could have been Sale :eek:

Edit: or Bath...

Edit: ...or even Quins. And to think almost this time last season they were the bad guys of European Rugby. Oh how I pine for old times.

Well, what a stupid law. He signed, but maybe didn't play the whole 3 months. He was there to use for 3 months, but surely any contract/legal breach would have been between the player and club. On record, he'd have been paid 3 months, so contract is fulfilled. Not got anything to do with the H-Cup at all really, unless he was not registered properly. But in any case, maybe a small fine at the maximum.

Leicester are clutching at straws. He was signed for 3 months, and payed for 3 months. Surely they could give the same argument that, say, one player just played one game, then was rested until his contract ended. It's the same thing, but because he hopped on a plane, it's massivly different.

And besides, the extra month would onlt effect the LV= Cup and the Magners League anyway. Let's just move on.

Is there an actual logic behind the rule like what difference does it make?

It's designed to stop (for example) Munster signing the entire All Blacks squad as a one-off fixture should they reach the final.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 24 2010, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 24 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's designed to stop (for example) Munster signing the entire All Blacks squad as a one-off fixture should they reach the final.[/b]
But isn't that what the registration window is for and yeah we'll sign them for the Munster Haka :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13fGHSqHTwA
[/b][/quote]

I'm sorry I cannot take that Haka seriously with that guys facial hair at 0.28.

Jeremy Manning :lol: :lol: :lol:

He like a cowboy from Wild West with that furry pet over his mouth :lol:

Latest posts