• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Blues

Really looking forward to watching this one :D

Cardiff couldn't possibly play as poorly as they did last time out but I still can't see them winning this one.

"It was very hard to put any tempo to the game, the tackle are wasn't sorted out and people were allowed to kill the ball."

[/b]
The only 'killing of the ball' was done by the Ospreys!
On-topic, I hope the Blues stuff the Ospreys, just to see the reaction by Andy Howell in the Western Mail tomorrow. Go Cardiff! :D

It wasn't exactly the greatest of games was it?
The first 40 was tedious in the extreme but at least a bit more ambition was shown in the second half.
Hook is becoming deadly with the boot!

Haven't seen the game yet, no doubt there'll be a rerun on Setanta but more than decent result for Leinster and Munster there.

Ospreys (9) 22

Tries: Bennett
Cons: Hook
Pens: Hook (5)

Blues (3) 3

Pens: Blair

The Ospreys found their winning touch again by beating Cardiff Blues 22-3 at a packed Liberty Stadium.
Gavin Henson's late withdrawal before kick-off had little effect as they picked up only their third Magners League win.
Fly-half James Hook kicked 17 of their points in a largely scrappy game and Huw Bennett scored the only try.
Ben Blair converted one of the Blues two penalties but they rarely threatened their hosts.
Neither side created any try-scoring opportunities in a dour first half and it was left to the boots of Hook and Blair to bag the points.
Blair had the chance to open the scoring for the Blues after seven minutes but dragged his 50m penalty wide.
But Hook made the most of his three chances during a scrappy first 20 minutes to give the Ospreys an early advantage.
His first effort came from the Blues holding on to the ball and then Martyn Williams was penalised for coming in from the side after Ian Evans was grounded. And the Blues gave away another penalty moments later as Shane Williams caused them problems down the right.
Blair did cut the deficit to 9-3 soon after with his second attempt, and the Ospreys were reduced to 14 men when Marty Holah was sin-binned after referee Nigel Owens' warning both sides about killing the ball fell on deaf ears.
Hook extended the home side's lead early in the second half with another kick after the Blues turned the scrum.
The visitors then found themselves with 14 men when back row Maama Molitika was yellow-carded, with Hook making it five successive kicks.
The Ospreys took advantage of the extra man by getting the first try of the match on 52 minutes as the game opened up.
Quick passing led to Shane Williams reaching the line before hooker Bennett dived over and Hook made sure of maximum points and a 22-3 lead.
Dafydd Hewitt had a late chance to get a consolation for the Blues, but he was halted at the line before Rhys Thomas spilled the ball as he went to go over.

Ospreys: Byrne, Walker, Taylor, A. Bishop, S. Williams, Hook, Marshall, James, Bennett, A. Jones, Evans, Gough, R. Jones, Holah, Tiatia.
Replacements: Vaughton for Byrne (73), Connor for A. Bishop (40), Phillips for Marshall (63), D. Jones for James (58), Shervington for Bennett (69), Wyn-Jones for Evans (58), Thomas for R. Jones (58).

Blues: Blair, J. Roberts, J. Robinson, Shanklin, G. Thomas, Macleod, Rees, Jenkins, G. Williams, Filise, D. Jones, Morgan, Molitika, M. Williams, Rush.
Replacements: D. Hewitt for J. Robinson (55), R. Jones for Macleod (58), Allenson for Rees (72), R. Thomas for G. Williams (72), G. Powell for Filise (61), A. Powell for Molitika (62), Lewis for Rush (72).

Att: 16,109
Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU)

Story from BBC SPORT:

I was in Wasted land when i was watching this i passed out and its good that nothing changed. :D

I was in Wasted land when i was watching this i passed out and its good that nothing changed. :D
[/b]

:lol2tn:

I visit Wasted Land from time to time :cheers:

I watched the last 20 minutes and it was awful, littered with handling errors and turnovers. Hewett for the Blues really impressed me, always getting over the gain line and almost scoring near the end.

Good to see that result.
I can imagine the game being a horrifically boring one, but thankfully my aerial broke on me yesterday so i didn't have to watch 2 days of godwaful welsh derbies like i had to over xmas.

Latest posts