• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Edinburgh

He might have all the talent in the world, but someone that small simply won't survive in professional rugby.
Can you imagine what Bakkies would do to him?

Aye, would his best position(s) not be wing/fullback, kind of like Gio Aplon?

Wasted at wing, considering his skill set. Also his height probably doesn't lend itself well to fullback either. It's 10 or nothing imo. I don't think he should be ruled out already, because if he turns out to be something special in attack (which looks likely), then maybe that would compensate for a poor defense (again likely). He could always make an excellent super sub who could come on to change the game / win a game.

Was that a trip from Hollah, looked it to me. Got away with it though and some great hands by Hibbard.

Edit: When did David Bishop join Edinburgh?

Last edited:
50 min in, Ospreys winning 22-9. Ospreys started well, but mistakes have crept in and it's become a poor game. Ospreys pack dominating up front though, Hollah dominating the tackle area, and the O's scrum battering Edinburgh's. Hibbard, Hollah, Tipuric & Ian Evans are playing exceptionally well. Nutbrown and Biggar aweful again (bar Biggars kicking which has been good to posts).

Tipuric's try was excellent, great chip and sidestep from him. Finished better than most wingers. Duncan Jones' flick pass was also something to behold.

Watching Merlin and listening to Take That now.

Biggar has shown the good and the ugly in this game!

Goal kicking is good but his awerness is ugly, just kicked way possession with a 6 man over lap!

You've got the right idea Cyril. Biggar is driving me fu**ing nuts here. Ignored 6 men outside him from turnover ball, to instead kick the bloody ball again. He's getting worse and worse imo.

Edit: if Gatland watches this and still thinks Bennet is better than Hibbard, then I think I'll die a little insdie.

Further edit. Here comes the rediculously strong bench for the Ospreys. Phillips and Hook already on, now comes Paul James and Adam Jones!!!

Last edited:
Biggar has shown the good and the ugly in this game!

Goal kicking is good but his awerness is ugly, just kicked way possession with a 6 man over lap!

Haha, Biggar just completely confirming you point there. Follows a great drop goal by a cross kick that goes goes straight into touch! What's happened to the skills he showed at U20 level a few years ago. Back then his main strengths were his passing ability both left and right, never see that anymore. he's just turned into a Dan Parks kind of player, not last years Dan Parks either, just the kicking one! Hell we don't even see the organising and decision making skills that led to him overtaking Hook at 10 for the O's. He doesn't control a game anymore, and why not have Hook at 10 if that's the case!

Last edited:
Hopefully Tovey will be in 6 Nations squad come Feb.

Hibbard has been outstanding today as has Ryan Jones. But slow ball is killing the O's!

Phillips aint helped the slow ball case after coming on! Yup please Gatland Tovey is twice the player Biggar currently is. Goal kicking isn't enough, especially when that has a tendancy to go awal in some important games.

Finshed 33-16, and it was a little disapointing really. Ospreys really should have picked up a bonus point in this game considering the speed at which the O's racked up a decent lead. Backs are not firing really, and Biggar has to take much of the blame. I think Ospreys have to seriously reconsidder Biggar for the big HC matches considering his form, and I can't believe they missed an opportunity to bring Hook on at 10 tonight just to see how he went, before HC duty.

Got to agree with the S4C pundits, the Ospreys are hurting the Welsh game. When they don't fire the Welsh team does not, pretty fair assessment considering bulk of the O's are in the Welsh squad.

Threw away to many opportunities and allowed Edinburgh back into the game.

Two very good pundits tonight, Gwyn Jones always points out the truth (should be involved with coaching imo with his insight). Without Shane and Bowe tonight, Ospreys played pretty much exactly as Wales did in the backs, alteral and almost no sign of dummy runners picking lines and tying in defense. Is Scott Johnson really a creative genius as he was hailed during '05? Because we've barely seen the Ospreys play atall intellegently even with dominance up front.

They struggle generating quick ball which certainly doesn't help, but they then show no patience to go through the phases in order to generate that quick ball, Biggars drop goal or corss kick being good examples of lack of patence from him. What help was a drop goal when they were already over two scores ahead? Be patient and the space behind would come, not sure Biggar has any patience or vision in his game though.

We're hurting the Welsh game, because we're not playing well as a team?

We're hurting the Welsh game, because we're not playing well as a team?

I think so Cyril. The backs out wide barely get any opportunities, with Hook almost never getting ball in space. Ospreys rely on individual brilliance from Shane, Bowe or Hook, and when the majority of the backline comes from the O's, that will almost certainly hurt Wales.

Latest posts