• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Edinburgh

Im with Gwyn Jones, as Dull said the boy speaks truth and a lot don't like it because its the truth.

Its not an excuse its a reality. It was interesting to hear that they agree that Hook is not a 10, if he was then Gatland would have given him some time there, at least against Fiji.

From what I've seen Biggars game has really dropped this season. I think the Ospreys have such a star studded team with brilliant players but their are underachieving because they are not working as a unit. Hook, Bowe and Williams are miles ahead of the other backs and I agree they rely on alot of indivdual brilliance which is great to watch but its stoppng the Osprey's from progressing from a great team into a world class team and they deffinatly have the potential but lack team skills.

Im with Gwyn Jones, as Dull said the boy speaks truth and a lot don't like it because its the truth.

I think it's a big shame that him and Jonathan Davies aren't involved with coaching in Wales, as they are both extremely bright and extremely well informed. Jiffy especially though has made a great career out of being a pundit. Commentates for both Union and League, and has numerous shows on S4C, must be making a packet!

I'd keep Biggar in at Thomond Park, just 'cos we need him to kick the goals, and Hook's a bit of a liability in that regard and we don't want to unsettle the team too much. However, unless Biggar plays an absolute blinder, Hook to 10 for the match at the Liberty.

I'd have: James, Hibbard, Adam, AWJ, Gough, Jerry, Holah, Ryan, Phillips, Biggar, Fussell, Hook, Bish, Bowe, Byrne. (Provided he recovers. if not, Barry Davies.)
Bench- Duncan Jones, Craig Mitchell, Mefin Davies, JT, Tipuric, Webb (Provided he's back from injury. Don't want to see Nutbrown.), Parker, Walker.

Sonny Parker would come on with some time to go and bring Biggar off, if we get a narrow lead. Fussell gets the nod over Walker as he's a bit more of a spark, not just a finisher. It's a real shame Shane isn't fit. The Ospreys have got plenty of wingers to replace him (Walker, Fussell, Phillips, Prydie, Eli Walker, etc.) but none nearly of his class.

Latest posts