• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Leicester

A

An Tarbh

Probably the biggest match of the weekend with both sides knowing a win will be enough to take them through.

Leicester will top the pool if they get a bonus point win while they'll secure a best runner-up spot if Clermont manage to get the bp win away to Viadana.

The Ospreys know that a win will also be enough to see them get through as a best runner-up, their chances of topping the pool are slim as they need Viadana to cause an upset against Clermont.

As for the match itself it's also the hardest to call of the weekend, with their home form you'd expect the Ospreys to take it but if there's any side that can go away from home in the final round to pick up a win to get through it's Leicester and their recent form is none too shabby either.

Should be a tense occasion in Swansea.

If the Ospreys can score 4 tries they'll top the pool as well. COME ON OSPREYS!

Ospreys
15 Lee Byrne
14 Tommy Bowe
13 Andrew Bishop
12 James Hook
11 Shane Williams
10 Dan Biggar
9 Ricky Januarie

1 Paul James
2 Richard Hibbard
3 Adam Jones
4 Alun-Wyn Jones
5 Jonathan Thomas
6 Jerry Collins
7 Marty Holah
8 Ryan Jones (Capt)

Replacements:
16 Huw Bennett
17 Ryan Bevington
18 Cai Griffiths
19 Ian Gough
20 Filo Tiatia
21 Jamie Nutbrown
22 Sonny Parker
23 Nikki Walker

Leicester Tigers
15 Scott Hamilton
14 Johne Murphy
13 Dan Hipkiss
12 Jeremy Staunton
11 Lote Tuqiri
10 Toby Flood
9 Ben Youngs
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Mefin Davies
3 Dan Cole
4 Louis Deacon ©
5 Geoff Parling
6 Craig Newby
7 Lewis Moody
8 Jordan Crane

Replacements
16 George Chuter
17 Boris Stankovich
18 Martin Castrogiovanni
19 Ben Kay
20 Ben Woods
21 James Grindal
22 Aaron Mauger
23 Alesana Tuilagi

I'm not sure who to cheer for, Stan and Johne or Tommy. I hate the Osprey's, but they play some nice stuff. I'm actually a proper neutral atm, which is a rare enough occurence.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jan 22 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm not sure who to cheer for, Stan and Johne or Tommy. I hate the Osprey's, but they play some nice stuff. I'm actually a proper neutral atm, which is a rare enough occurence.[/b]
I hope Staunton scores 4 try's and is MOTM :p
Great to see him in for big games as he has great skill just never seems to get the rub-of-the-green.

Game getting close now. Should be a great game, well unless Leicester get their way and slowly kill off the game with their forwards....... Leicesters best chance really is to choke the Ospreys of possesion, depriving our backs of enough ball, and it's a tactic that could work, and their the best equiped team to do so. I just hope this potentially great fixture doesn't go that way (he says in a biased way), and we see a relitively open game of rugby.

What's the weather like in Swansea today? Hope it's not ******* it down!

We need to see alot more from Alun-Wyn, Jonathan Thomas and Ryan Jones this week, as those three were either quiet (JT & Ryan) or had appalling games last week (Alun-Wyn). The only two that stood up physically against Clermont were Collins and Hibbard (and many of the backs to be fair, even Biggar), the others have gotta follow suit. It's been the downfall of the Ospreys on so many occasions now, they can't allow it to be again today.

Ospreys Try - Bowe!

Lovely kick through by Hook, Bowe picks up and scores it.

14 - 9 Ospreys

Clermont already have the BP so the quarterfinals are getting close for the french team with that Tommy Bowe try!

Great Game, Fast and Open.

Coles subbed for Castrogiovanni

Tuilgai comes on for Murphy

Latest posts