Ospreys: (13) 20
Tries: Hook, Marshall
Cons: Hook (2)
Pens: Hook

Munster: (5) 12

Tries: Ryan, Carney
Con: O'Gara

"Thank God."

The words uttered by every Osprey fan and most Munster fans as the referee finally blew his whistle for the end of the match on what was possibly on of the worst games of teh season.
If you were a neutral or a supporter i would find it very difficult to believe that you enjoyed this game.
Ospreys scored a good few tries, but Munster also got a good score - but that was all overshadowed by the fact that the game was dreadful.

The referee, who was idiotic at best, failed to produce yellow cards when it was sufficient. He admitted to having seen Munster men stamping on 2 pervious occasions and refused to sin bin them and penalised but let them go on another 2 ocasions. He let the Ospreys go on a few as well, with Brent Cockbain stamping on Quinlan's head.
But when the ref was failing to penalise people correctly, he was getting basic decisions wrong such as ball hitting someone's leg a knock on and failing to pick up passes going forward.
It was a horrific night for David Changleng and he lost respect in my opinion.

Shane Williams was awarded man of the match, but that's only because he was the one who actually contributed to the game without lots of negatives to his name. The Munster man that was in the same boat as Shane Williams in that he made positive contributions was Carney.

Was this a weakened Munster side?
It looked it to me, and i question why benching certain players (O'Gara, Flannery) was necessary. They'd played last week, but were given a rest the week before in preparation. Surely the last thing they need right now is more rest time.

But it was 80 minutes I'll never get and the only consolation i can take from it all is that Ospreys came away with 4 points and jump the table a place or so.

Ospreys as ever underperforming; failing to start, continue and finish off a move; and looking as cohesive and fluid as a bunch of 6 year olds playing tag rugby!

Don't have Setanta, so I didn't see this one. Going by Cymru's assessment, then thank God.

Of course it was a weakened Munster side - Stringer wasn't playing!

Looks like everyone is raging against Changalanger. And against the linesman who recommended a second yellow for Donncha O Ceallachain for stamping while lying on his back. Wha'??

Didn't Williams get burned by Carney for a try? Haven't seen footage yet. Watch out for Carney at the RWC.

Yeah, Carney left Williams and Terblanche in his dust for his try.
It was a good un.

Ospreys as ever underperforming; failing to start, continue and finish off a move; and looking as cohesive and fluid as a bunch of 6 year olds playing tag rugby!
[/b]

Good news for tigers fans. Hope they play just as cohesively against us in the final. I suspect they will be more accurate in their excecution though.

The referee, who was idiotic at best, failed to produce yellow cards when it was sufficient. He admitted to having seen Munster men stamping on 2 pervious occasions and refused to sin bin them and penalised but let them go on another 2 ocasions. He let the Ospreys go on a few as well, with Brent Cockbain stamping on Quinlan's head.
But when the ref was failing to penalise people correctly, he was getting basic decisions wrong such as ball hitting someone's leg a knock on and failing to pick up passes going forward.
It was a horrific night for David Changleng and he lost respect in my opinion.
[/b]
I watched the highlights on s4c last night. The linesman got a decision wrong too, Cockbain was stamping on O'Callaghan & when the ref went to the linesman, the linesman said that red 4 (O'Callaghan) was stamping & should be yellow carded. Changlang realised that he had previously got a yellow card, so he let him of. O'Callaghan was on the floor being stamped on & the linesman wanted him yellow carded.

Latest posts